Supreme Idiocy

What are some examples of idiocy you see in your everyday life? I mean socially, not something George Bush or someone did. Some people I know just can't take a hint, no matter how obvious. This is a pretty accurate representation of someone's Social Studies test.
dbqlf7.png
Really. Death was all around the guy, and this is what Mr. "I'm-better-than-you-in-every-way" said.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Hey, I have a very serious problem. I'm crying because of how stupid I am.

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured "cool, I'll just play Pokemon while I wait".

So I'm playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she's crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy crap. (For those of you who don't know/care, shiny pokemon have less than a 1/1000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy crap, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR IDIOTIC GAME!" I'm still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumbass and swinging my fists around. She yells out "SCREW YOU", and runs out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I've messed up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don't want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever.
  • edited September 2008
    602px-Shineyms.gif
  • edited September 2008
    Shiny.jpg

Girlfriends and Shiny Pidgeys don't mix. If you happen to encounter a shiny pidgey, you and your ever-so-perfect love life is going to die. If you have a shiny pidgey, you probably DON'T have a girlfriend, on the basis that you probably are a basement dweller that plays Pokemanz, has a gameshark, or lieks to hit girlfriends. If your boyfriend encountered a shiny pidgey, he is going to ignore you and then slap you for being a bitch and breaking his DS.

Important note:
    Shiny pidgeys are responsible for 88% of all Domestic Abuse charges.
  • edited September 2008
    1, a reply to Zootch's story, I got a shiny Psyduck once.
    I then caught it and shoved it so deep into the storage system so I'd never see it's stupid face again.
    Once, I said I salute whoever killed Hitler. This was the most embarrassing moment of my life (so far).
    dbqlf7.png
    Really. Death was all around the guy, and this is what Mr. "I'm-better-than-you-in-every-way" said.

HE. HAS. A. CARROT!(Lame Cartoon Network reference, for the win.)
  • edited September 2008
    Zootch, don't worry. Act as though that day never happened! That's worked for me before.
    "I can't believe you cheated off of me in math yesterday!"
    "Dude, today is Monday."
    "Wait, wha...?"
    "I don't know what you're talking about, but maybe it was Shaun trying to steal your notebook last week."
    "But I... You... Never mind..."
    If that doesn't work, go to my old recovery technique: Baseball bat-induced amnesia.
  • edited September 2008
    Zootch wrote: »

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured "cool, I'll just play Pokemon while I wait".

So I'm playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she's crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy crap. (For those of you who don't know/care, shiny pokemon have less than a 1/1000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy crap, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even fucking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR IDIOTIC GAME!" I'm still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a dumbass and swinging my fists around. She yells out "SCREW YOU", and runs out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I've messed up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don't want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever.

Sorry.
  • edited September 2008

Dude your problem has nothing to do with pokemon. Plus I wouldn't feel too bad. From the sound of that story you would have messed up the relationship some other way if you hadn't done it then.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm beginning to wonder if any of you responding to Zootch have yet realized that it's copypasta... or if you're just playing along.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm beginning to wonder if any of you responding to Zootch have yet realized that it's copypasta... or if you're just playing along.

Nice ruin the fantasy why don't ya. Back to reality people.
  • edited September 2008
    picture.php?albumid=125&pictureid=621

The amazing things MS Paint can do...create internet memes, make fun of people, or both!

Sorry, I hope your situation gets better!
  • edited September 2008
    Nice ruin the fantasy why don't ya. Back to reality people.

That's me, killing jokes with my naievete! I can't even spell that word right.
  • edited September 2008
    I was hoping noone was taking it seriously, the images I posted after should have given you a major hint...

And considering they apparently fooled some people (albeit accidentally), I would label this a 'win'
  • edited September 2008
    I should have known, of course. I spend a fair amount of time on /b/, so I should know copypasta when I see it. :p
  • edited September 2008
    200px-Cover-tom2.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Here, I'll show you fail.
    fail-1.gif
  • edited September 2008
    200px-Cover-tom2.jpg

113px-Thatfuckinparadox.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    113px-Thatfuckinparadox.jpg

113px-Cover8D.png

AWESOME
  • edited September 2008
    113px-Cover8D.png

AWESOME

116px-Mill-house-MD.jpg

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Alright, I'll stop. :p
  • edited September 2008
  • edited September 2008
    picture.php?albumid=89&pictureid=628
    FATALITY
  • edited September 2008
    efgmiss.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    OR DID I?!?!?!
    picture.php?albumid=89&pictureid=629
    Note: Gray because MS Paint is screwing up.
  • edited September 2008
    Failtality!
  • edited September 2008
    weee.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    chuck-norris-0021.jpg
    BRUTALITY!!!
  • edited September 2008
    adam-badass-west.jpg

Adam West beats Chuck Norris ANY day
  • edited September 2008
    But neither can defeat...
    WHITE DRAGON, THE SPAZTIC NINJA!!!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    oops... you might have killed it
    Grim.gif
  • edited September 2008
    This entire thread kind of has to do with the subject, actually...
  • edited September 2008
    I'll have you know that internet memes are high culture at it's most refined.

:p
  • edited October 2008

That sucks. Sorry that had happened to you. Although, I must confess that you were a bit immature. I know how your girlfriend felt, because my cat died four years ago, and I was so sad. Shame on you, dumbnut! Your girlfriend was coming to you for support, and you senselessly smacked her just because she destroyed your DS! So what if you were trying to catch a shiny Pokemon; its still just a game! What is it about an animal made out pixels matter more than a real one that matters alot to your girlfriend? I'm afraid you are on your own with this problem. As been said, good luck with your relationship:p.
  • edited October 2008
    This is what happened to me in Gym class today, artistically rendered in only the finest of MS Paints.
    footballtw7.png
  • Wow Zootch... I wonder if I should feel reallllyyy sorrry, or chuckle a bit... D=

Now then: My encounter of idiocity:

I sit on a park bench watching a couple across from me courting (AKA flirting and making out). I think: "How nice and sweet!" Then, another man walks up to them and starts shouting,
    "You Two-timing Broad! How could you?! I hate you, etc."

Then the woman says, "Who are you?! I don't know you... do you?" The Other Man shakes his head. The Man who was shouting stops, and stares, mouth open. Then says, "Sorry I thought you were... er... someone else." He proceeds to apologize, and run off.

I'm glad SOMEONE can identify their Girlfriend.
  • edited October 2008
    Male Student 1:"She and I broke up. I think... did we?"
    Female Student:"I can't remember..."
    Male Student 1:"I think we did..."
    Male Student 2:"You two break up every other day. Let's just say you're broken up."
    Former Boy/Girlfriends:"OK..."
  • Male Student 1:"She and I broke up. I think... did we?"
    Female Student:"I can't remember..."
    Male Student 1:"I think we did..."
    Male Student 2:"You two break up every other day. Let's just say you're broken up."
    Former Boy/Girlfriends:"OK..."
    That's what life is like in most Middle School's now a-days
  • edited October 2008
    That's what life is like in most Middle School's now a-days
    Yeah, pretty much.
  • edited October 2008
    One time, I posted seizure-inducing images on the National Epilepsy Foundation website

output.gif

I actually think it's pretty awesome how I can physically injure people over the internet!

I deserve an award
  • edited October 2008
    Meh, that isn't as seizure-inducing as Disco Mario...*Warning: Adult Content ( probably)
  • edited October 2008
    http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/05/report-fbi-inve.html

Should I be feeling guilt right about now?

I wonder why I didn't research the public reaction until now

I also wonder who did the redirect code...
  • edited October 2008
    Dude...
    RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.