Voice of Max

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
Sorry I only have the people who did the voice in the Telltale episodes, I don't have Hit the Road or the TV Show, so I don't know who voices Max in those.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Erk, voted by accident.

I don't actually have any real preference, they were both good.
  • edited October 2008
    I think havin those two actors as oppose to includin the non TTG on the poll is a good thing considering that I would imagine if you include the others, the thread will become one of those topics about "TT should get the voices for hit the road to do season " Bleh

I voted for the actor who did the majority of the episodes since he seems to be more fluid and articulate in the first episode he voiced Max when compared to the other guy.
  • edited October 2008
    find it hard to judge the first guy on one episode tbh, because the second Actor Willian Karsten, has improved alot through out the episodes, getting better and better.
  • edited October 2008
    Max's wiki article... *nudge, nudge* ^_^

I'm really partial to Robert Tinkler. His voice was so full of emotion.

William Kasten reminds me of Daxter in the Jak series (funny to note, his voice actor is Max Casella). That is a good thing and a bad thing. I really enjoyed Daxter's character, but I'm always anticipating Max to say or do something Daxterish... Kinda distracting on my side.
  • edited October 2008
    Kasten is the perfect Max voice for me. He captured the shrill, sligntly insane, voice I always imagined reading the comics and playing HTR, before I got the CDRom voiced edition.
    In my opinion, the voice work in the TTG episodes is far superior to everything that has gone before. In the animated series everyone seemed to be rushing to get their lines out, a similar gripe I have with the new Clone Wars series, and hit the punchline. And HtR seemed to be trying to hard to make Max out to be some sort of stereotype New York toughie.
  • edited October 2008
    i like max's voice in the fox kids show. His voice was done by robert tinkler, i vote robert tinkler as best max voice.
  • edited November 2008
    Andrew was good for some lines in Episode 1, but William is the best of all the Max voices, ever.
  • edited November 2008
    I always thought Andrew's voice was a little too deep. He did a good job but William is defintly max's voice
  • edited February 2010
    I like Max's voice in episode 101 better.
  • edited February 2010
    William Kasten: because MAx should always have a slightly high, Child like voice. He must always sound playful while being murderous. William Kasten has captured this perfectly. I only wish in anything that there were more "HEy Sam. is X a real word?" lines like at the beginning of hit the road
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    The difference is a bit jarring at first, but I assure you that Kasten will become your New Max within an episode or two.
  • edited February 2010
    Hey Zodler, did you have to necro two threads for that? Sorry but sheesh.
  • edited February 2010
    Three threads, actually.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm not voting, because I liked them both.
  • edited February 2010
    I actually like the guys who did Hit the Road better.
  • edited February 2010
    I voted for SWP.
  • edited February 2010
    Has to be Kasten. I would actually love to meet him in real life, and then be disapointed by the lack of lagomorphic features...
  • edited February 2010
    I voted for Kasten but to be honest, Andrew didn't get much of a chance to shine so its not a fair vote to me.
  • edited February 2010
    I think Kasten does a brilliant job.
  • edited February 2010
    antoniomsg wrote: »
    I actually like the guys who did Hit the Road better.
    Fact, one with which I totally agree. They were right on the money. Where are those guys hiding?
  • edited February 2010
    It seems they're still around. Don't know why Telltale didn't get them back.
  • edited February 2010
    Who says they didn't try?

A no means no however, and then you have to look at alternatives. In that case it's not TTG to blame, but the original voice-actors.

So, which of the 2 is it. I don't know... do you know?
  • edited February 2010

So, which of the 2 is it. I don't know... do you know?

The original voice actors? Bill Farmer (Sam) and Nick Jameson (Max).
  • edited February 2010
    I meant which of the following 2:

1) TTG didn't ask them.
    2) TTG asked them and they said no.
  • edited February 2010
    I meant which of the following 2:

1) TTG didn't ask them.
    2) TTG asked them and they said no.
    3) They said "Yes, but only for a Brink's Truck worth of money."
  • edited March 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shLNdcJbMWs

I'll just leave this here.
  • edited March 2010
    Actually, it depends a lot on the line. I would say 30% first episode Max, 70% second episode Max.

So, Kasten wins.
  • edited March 2010
    It makes you think that the best of all possible games would be one where Andrew Chaikin and William Kasten did voices! That would be the best game ever!
  • edited March 2010
    Chuck wrote: »
    It makes you think that the best of all possible games would be one where Andrew Chaikin and William Kasten did voices! That would be the best game ever!

Given Chaikin's performance as Bugeye in Tales, and Kasten's various adventures as supporting characters in Season 2 (and of course Max), it does sound compelling.

Oh wait. I've already bought into that certain game at least 5 times :)
  • edited March 2010
    I think it would be awesome if every version of sam and max ended up in one room. Evey voice actor returning. mass chaos. death and destruction
Sign in to comment in this discussion.