Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Unfortunately, I must agree.

Detail you may have missed: It is more entertaining to talk about what was scrapped from the game rather than what's actually in it.

• Just gave it a listen. You're right. He looks like such a dweeb too. I'm so glad they changed it in the final version.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Javier has a different voice in the reveal trailer than in the actual game

• edited May 2017

5:34.

Louche posted: »

familiar with badger himself? like he's a notorious asshole? I want to know about this.

• Well, look who finally came out of the woodwork again. Where you been, man?

Still, she's one of the smaller characters and Kate's been worfed for most of ANF, so it kinda makes sense.

she should be listed higher than Kate too

• They changed the voice actor in the final game

ladypocky posted: »

Just gave it a listen. You're right. He looks like such a dweeb too. I'm so glad they changed it in the final version.

• Shut up... Chickens?

DabigRG posted: »

Found it. Got some lines wrong and missed a few, but same general effect. Here's where you can here Tavia men apparently spot the group, but it may just be a coincidence @ 0:41 Here's the argument between Rebecca and Jane @9:43

• Holy crap, we were going to see David get branded?

Fangirl101 posted: »

• Probably a reference to Troy directed at the group.

Acheive250 posted: »

Shut up... Chickens?

• edited May 2017

Banned for apparently "flaming users". I think my custom avatar option is gone too.

And I'm thinking about how much more mature Mari is than Kate. Kate acts like a schoolgirl with a crush, "waaah javi save me from my big bad loving but sometimes grumpy husband and sweep me up into your strong but non-threatening arms like this is a cheap romance novel"

Well, look who finally came out of the woodwork again. Where you been, man? Still, she's one of the smaller characters and Kate's been worfed for most of ANF, so it kinda makes sense.

• intradesting.
    of course we'll probably never know what they actually had written for badger. shame he was such a throwaway villain considering his impact on the garcia family

• Javier originally had a sister alongside David called Anita who ended up marrying Hector.

Wait what?

but...Hector is Javier's and David's uncle, right...?

Unless, Telltale didn't plan Hector to be Javier's and David's uncle at first...

Graysonn posted: »

Javier originally had a sister alongside David called Anita who ended up marrying Hector. Mariana was supposed to be Hector's daughter (the "you want some juice?" guy in the beginning of the game). Kate was originally called 'Grace'.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Unless, Telltale didn't plan Hector to be Javier's and David's uncle at first...

That's exactly it. In fact, Hector in the older version of the game wasn't a Garcia.

HammyShow posted: »

Javier originally had a sister alongside David called Anita who ended up marrying Hector. Wait what? but...Hector is Javier's and David's uncle, right...? Unless, Telltale didn't plan Hector to be Javier's and David's uncle at first...

• Oohhh I got it now, the initial concept was that 'Anita Garcia' and Hector married each other and then will have a daughter, named Mariana. That would make Mariana and Gabe as cousins, instead of siblings.

Deltino posted: »

Unless, Telltale didn't plan Hector to be Javier's and David's uncle at first... That's exactly it. In fact, Hector in the older version of the game wasn't a Garcia.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Yep. There's actually an unused version of one of Javier's lines at the junkyard when he asks where Kate and Gabe are-- "Where's Kate and your cousin?"

HammyShow posted: »

Oohhh I got it now, the initial concept was that 'Anita Garcia' and Hector married each other and then will have a daughter, named Mariana. That would make Mariana and Gabe as cousins, instead of siblings.

• Who was the original VA for Javi then?

They changed the voice actor in the final game

• AronDracula posted: »

Who was the original VA for Javi then?

• In S1E2, Clementine will ask Lee where her hat is. If answered in a non-positive way, Clementine will say that it was her favoriter​ hat. That can mean that Clementine had at least one more hat besides the blue white she is currently wearing.

• It would be great if we see this in Episode 5!

Acheive250 posted: »

Holy crap, we were going to see David get branded?

• This is a soundtrack that didn't make it to the final game.

• I heard that Javier was supposed to be Danny's first time playing a video game character. Sad that he got fired, right?

Danny Ramirez http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6639989/

• There was a twitter thing he made once where he mentioned doing voice acting for something, but there was nothing after that. I guess he did some recordings and they didn't feel he was a fit for the character.

Pity, that honey voice was nice ;.;

AronDracula posted: »

I heard that Javier was supposed to be Danny's first time playing a video game character. Sad that he got fired, right?

• I think my custom avatar option is gone too.

That's the case for me as well and I've never been banned.

And I'm thinking about how much more mature Mari is than Kate.

I would think that'd translate into skill or recovery more than the whole level. Also, I hate having to play this game, but not sure how that romantic plot tumor lowers Kate's maturity in other areas to be below chocolate lover there.

Banned for apparently "flaming users". I think my custom avatar option is gone too. And I'm thinking about how much more mature Mari is

• Huh. Guess that explains why she looks nothing like Gabe or David. Probably should've kept it that way.

Yep. There's actually an unused version of one of Javier's lines at the junkyard when he asks where Kate and Gabe are-- "Where's Kate and your cousin?"

• She actually said favoriter? Or was that a typo

ravve posted: »

In S1E2, Clementine will ask Lee where her hat is. If answered in a non-positive way, Clementine will say that it was her favoriter​ hat. That can mean that Clementine had at least one more hat besides the blue white she is currently wearing.

• I can hear a bit of alive inside in there.

This is a soundtrack that didn't make it to the final game.

• I need to buy a replica of all hats Clem has ever worn

In S1E2, Clementine will ask Lee where her hat is. If answered in a non-positive way, Clementine will say that it was her favoriter​ hat. That can mean that Clementine had at least one more hat besides the blue white she is currently wearing.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

The hat is purple and white

• It is a typo.

Melton23 posted: »

She actually said favoriter? Or was that a typo

• Blue and white, as stated by staff before.

Plan_R posted: »

The hat is purple and white

• Just like the one that actually made it into the game, it's supposed to be a much darker version of the 'Alive Inside' soundtrack. I don't know which one I prefer, the original, this one or the one that made it into the game. The music in these Telltale games keeps getting better.

Melton23 posted: »

I can hear a bit of alive inside in there.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

Those staffers are color blind. The hat is Purple and White , its always been Purple and White.

Blue and white, as stated by staff before.

• Wrong, it's white and golden but it's also black and Blue WUWUWUWUUW

Plan_R posted: »

Those staffers are color blind. The hat is Purple and White , its always been Purple and White.

• Ever wonder why the Stranger from season 1 sounds like a completely different person on the radio than in person?

Because he is.

Actor
    Anthony Lam
    Roger Jackson (Radio)

Well, different voice actor anyways. Not sure why there was a change-up. Perhaps they thought Lam's voice was more suited between episodes 3 - 5?

• In episode 4 Gabe can reveal that the only people he trusts are Javi, Kate and David. It happens if you have Gabe at the start instead of Kate. When talking about TNF if you pick They're just scared Javi will say "They don't know who to trust" Then Gabe reveals who he trusts. I don't remember what he says word for word.

• I'm surprised he doesn't trust clem

AgentZ46 posted: »

In episode 4 Gabe can reveal that the only people he trusts are Javi, Kate and David. It happens if you have Gabe at the start instead of Ka

• I think he does but hasn't really thought about it. I think he was trying to make a point. I think he might be thinking about trust in general lately because later in the episode he asks Javi how to know if you can trust someone.

I'm surprised he doesn't trust clem

• I think they wanted to fool people into thinking the stranger on the radio and vernon were the same dude, they both have the same voice

Joe_Momma posted: »

Ever wonder why the Stranger from season 1 sounds like a completely different person on the radio than in person? Because he is. Ac

• The backgrounds are very nice, though the last one is kind of confusing.
    I think AJ's model looks like crap, though.

AJ across the first three episodes: Healthy AJ, sick AJ (ep 2), super sick AJ (ep 3): AJ after Edith falls on him in the Wellington f

• edited May 2017

I don't know if that option has been removed totally for everyone, weird.

Yeah, yeah, but I'll take any chance to shit on Kate. Mariana was in control of her emotions, unlike Kate who acts like a petulant child about 90% of the time. Mari got shot from behind, Kate got herself shot acting stupid, if Mari were still alive she'd probably be a bigger help.

I think my custom avatar option is gone too. That's the case for me as well and I've never been banned. And I'm thinking about

• Violet and White.

Wrong, it's white and golden but it's also black and Blue WUWUWUWUUW

Sign in to comment in this discussion.