Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Mari looks more like Clementine than Clementine.

• Maybe it's a nickname?

DabigRG posted: »

I thought I noticed that. Also, "Katie"?

• FOR FUCKS SAKE IT'S NOT GABE IT'S FUCKING GABY

• Rebecca and Kenny are both dicks to her for no reason, even after she just saved Rebecca.

Kenny and initially Rebecca are assholes themselves, though. And she more or less provoked Rebecca throughout the entire walk and tactlessly bringing up the baby just finally made her go off on her.

Bonnie and Mike aren't mean, but they think she might abandon them despite having no reason to at this point.

Well, Bonnie does anyway. I know people love to shit Bonnie for whatever reason, but even I was confused as to why she'd care if Jane left. Especially considering she made it abundantly clear she was only using them to get free and didn't care about any of them(lol, dat 180' characterization got her too).
    Mike seemed pretty fine with her honestly.

And episode 5 just has Kenny shit-talking Jane every other scene (when he's not shit-talking Arvo) despite all their interactions being off-screen meaning we have no idea why Kenny hates her so much.

Also it's funny you mention her having cool actiony moments, when most of the time her killing Walkers is off-screen and out of focus. One of her biggest things, is ironically trying to save Sarah's life. Which again, no one else did.

It doesn't just have to be direct fights. There's also things like murdering Troy, jacking Arvo(which seems especially pathetic until you remember he gave Kenny quite a bit of trouble), being in the perfect position to save Sarah(which is a perfect example of how needlessly contrived that scene is), and running Clementine across the ice lake. Most of the other characters(mainly the females) are lucky if they got two.

Louche posted: »

But characters shit on her non-stop. Rebecca and Kenny are both dicks to her for no reason, even after she just saved Rebecca. Bonnie and M

• Hmph.

It wasn't good, but compared to that first flashback it might as well have been gold.

• Even Javi Is like "Something ain't right here."

• I guess. How old she anyway?

Maybe it's a nickname?

• Kate? I don't know, I guess she's between her mid-twenties and early-thirties.

I guess. How old she anyway?

• ?

FOR FUCKS SAKE IT'S NOT GABE IT'S FUCKING GABY

• I'm so glad you asked!

In the game, the Garcias' names were all mispronunced. While some had english versions, and the characters could have been named after them, I doubt it since they come from a spanish speaking country. Gabriel is the example that irks me the most. Here is the correct pronunciation in spanish:

See the difference? And for short, it's not "Gabe" (cringe) it's Gaby (Gah-bee i think?). With most of the other names (instead David which is pronunced like this but fuck david i'm not defending that dickshit) I forgive it because it's the whole accent thing fault but COME ON THE NAMES ARE FUCKING WRONG HERE

sorry to rant on you i just needed to get it out of my chest
    Gameserer posted: »

?

• Eh.

Hmph.

• edited July 2017

Funnier is that I was ironically out of my mind while writing that, as I didn't realize he was talking about new forum avatars. I just now saw them. (not high tho)
    Finally.
    I thought you pulled yours off gravatar or something.

Which is a funny thing to say considering some of the reasons she's unhappy were during times when she wasn't.

• Nah boy, these real. They fucked up the feeds implementing them, but at least they did something.

Funnier is that I was ironically out of my mind while writing that, as I didn't realize he was talking about new forum avatars. I just now saw them. (not high tho) Finally. I thought you pulled yours off gravatar or something.

• Lol, he was banned for spotting spelling errors.

• Daze? Daze?! DAAAAZE!!!

• edited July 2017

[DELETED]: Due to stupidity

TheDerpGod posted: »

Lol, he was banned for spotting spelling errors.

• edited July 2017

(in more ways than one, obviously)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mostly because they kept shoving her down our throat, but still, the fact that they have her put up such a miserable fight there of all places really did bother me.

To quote her, it was a stupid plan. She had a spur of the moment idea that she could convince Clem to ditch Kenny, simple as that.
    It was poorly done, it didn't seem like Jane was pushed far enough, hell it looked she was about to apologise to Kenny before he slammed the door, so sometime between that, the snowstorm and the rest stop, she decided to do that... not really sure why. Ask the writers.

But this bothers me. You keep saying she was shoved down our throats, but I think the idea of Clem having to choose between a big sister mentor and a father type figure was a good one. The more I think about it, it was more interesting than if it were Luke or Kenny, even if that might have been a harder choice.

I mean, we see her do things like working with bags of soil, shove around a cabinet, hold a door with walkers pounding on it for a few seconds, lift Luke(who's clearly bigger than her) directly above her, and especially pick up a large chunk of rubble from the observation deck with a little elbow grease in Amid the Ruins and run halfway across an icey lake carrying a freezing waterlogged Clementine and tote around multiple bags of Wellington supplies in No Going Back, so of course I'd assume she's gotta be pretty strong. And you'd assume she's a really skilled opponent as well, given she's supposed to be very cold and logical.

skinnylittlegirlkickingdownlockeddooronsecondtry.avi
    Not a good frame of reference, episode 4.

Besides, what are you talking about? Holding out with Kenny on top of her as long as she did was pretty impressive.
    He had all his weight pushing down on her with murderous intent, and he's like twice her size. Hell she even managed to push his arms back up when he struck a glancing blow on her chest/collar area. So frankly my dear, you're full of shit saying she's weak. It's simple physics.

But I suppose in hindsight it makes sense that she's not really that good considering she's always sneaking around and uses underhanded tactics. She is something of a Shadowy Distaff of Luke, after all.

yeah, that's the point. she's not brawny, and she's pragmatic.

Well, for one thing, I always took Jane as being stronger and larger than all the other females(in more ways than one, obviously). Mostly be

• edited July 2017

Point is, I don't really get the feeling they were even giving her a chance until the campfire scene in ep 5.

Come on, this is all so pedantic. Troy had his guard lowered, he probably thought he was the one seducing Jane with how dumb he is :D
    Arvo struggling in Kenny's arms? Well his sister had just died, he had pretty good motivation to struggle.
    Look a shit scene is a shit scene, why you gotta take that out on Jane, bro?
    Well, yeah. she probably cared the most about Clem there (besides Kenny who was already on land,) and Jane is faster and lighter to boot.

Rebecca and Kenny are both dicks to her for no reason, even after she just saved Rebecca. Kenny and initially Rebecca are assholes t

• edited July 2017

oy, you gotta be kidding me

at least that conrad avatar is fine as hell

Nah boy, these real. They fucked up the feeds implementing them, but at least they did something.

• Ahh, I see. Thank you for explaining.

I'm so glad you asked! In the game, the Garcias' names were all mispronunced. While some had english versions, and the characters could h

• This isn't about the game itself but the reviews on steam have changed from mixed to mostly positive, yet most of them are saying episode 1 and 2 were great and the rest was a waste :/ Literally only found this out a minute ago.

• My mistake then.

She's from Spain and is therefore Spanish, right?

• Sounds better. We use Gabi lol.

I'm so glad you asked! In the game, the Garcias' names were all mispronunced. While some had english versions, and the characters could h

• edited July 2017

[DELETED]

Melton23 posted: »

This isn't about the game itself but the reviews on steam have changed from mixed to mostly positive, yet most of them are saying episode 1 and 2 were great and the rest was a waste Literally only found this out a minute ago.

• The most vocal and passionate TWD fans are the ones who played every episode right when they were released. They were the ones who were certain to give a thumbs down for ANF, since they're so passionate about TWD. They wanted to voice their dislike for the game.

Now the people who are kind of new to the TWD (or just not enthusiastic about it) are playing through the episodes (noticeably late) and they're just like like: "Whatever. This isn't so bad that I'd have to write a 3000 word negative review on Steam about how ANF is the worst game of all time. I'll just give it a thumbs up since it was ok. Nothing too great.

That's the reason why the user reviews have gone from mixed to mostly positive.

This isn't about the game itself but the reviews on steam have changed from mixed to mostly positive, yet most of them are saying episode 1 and 2 were great and the rest was a waste Literally only found this out a minute ago.

• Come on, this is all so pedantic. Troy had his guard lowered, he probably thought he was the one seducing Jane with how dumb he is :D

Eh, though it's made clear they've made deals in the past that make way more sense with her being the proposer and receiver, that does sound about right.
    Honestly, what Jane did to him there was not only heartless and cold-blooded, but also outstandingly reckless and wasteful for someone who's supposed to be this logical, pragmatic "expert" survivalist.

Arvo struggling in Kenny's arms? Well his sister had just died, he had pretty good motivation to struggle.

All I'm saying is that considering how overpowered and ineffectual Kenny and Arvo respectively are otherwise, the contrast amongst those two scenes kinda stands out in hindsight.

Look a shit scene is a shit scene, why you gotta take that out on Jane, bro?

Considering everything about that scene and a key part of Jane's arc in general was based around her treatment of Sarah, I know I have every reason to. Her cold, self-righteous attitude throughout just sealed the deal.

Point is, I don't really get the feeling they were even giving her a chance until the campfire scene in ep 5. Come on, this is all so ped

• If by that you mean hilariously goofy, then I agree my fruity commentor.

oy, you gotta be kidding me at least that conrad avatar is fine as hell

• To quote her, it was a stupid plan. She had a spur of the moment idea that she could convince Clem to ditch Kenny, simple as that.

I know.

It was poorly done, it didn't seem like Jane was pushed far enough, hell it looked she was about to apologise to Kenny before he slammed the door, so sometime between that, the snowstorm and the rest stop, she decided to do that... not really sure why. Ask the writers.

All I really got outta that whole thing(with or without unintentionally knowing Jane was apparently the Big Bad going in) was "What's that: Jane's a sociopath? Oh wait, the sky's blue--Oh fuck!"

But this bothers me. You keep saying she was shoved down our throats, but I think the idea of Clem having to choose between a big sister mentor and a father type figure was a good one. The more I think about it, it was more interesting than if it were Luke or Kenny, even if that might have been a harder choice.

Yeah, I get that, but at the same time, you either stick with your fucking guns on the shit you set and advertised or have Jane be Luke one way or the other to begin with.
    And she was shoved down our throats because they had her, this quiet, gimmick character who's name you could easily miss the one time it's said, suddenly be given all this screentime, development, backstory, and [attempted] nuance out of nowhere over all the other characters(minus Kenny) who deserved a decent chunk of it more. If you want more explanation, read my big post further up--fuckin fanficy, pandering Creator's Pet.

skinnylittlegirlkickingdownlockeddooronsecondtry.avi
    Not a good frame of reference, episode 4.

Good point. :lol: But ya gotta work with what they give ya, for better or worse.

Besides, what are you talking about? Holding out with Kenny on top of her as long as she did was pretty impressive.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    enter image description here

He had all his weight pushing down on her with murderous intent, and he's like twice her size. Hell she even managed to push his arms back up when he struck a glancing blow on her chest/collar area. So frankly my dear, you're full of shit saying she's weak. It's simple physics.

When the heck did I say she was weak? My complaint was that she suddenly started playing the helpless victim instead of the overtop "feminist" icon she was throughout.

(in more ways than one, obviously) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mostly because they kept shoving her down our throat, but still, the fact that

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2017

In Salvador's wallet, there's an identification card that pretty much confirms that the Garcias are indeed Cuban:

Also, Salvador's credit card is mad voided:

It expired 4-5 years ago before the turn

Get your shit together, Mr. Garcia

• Wha? Nooooooo, dabigRG got banned? This is impossible. They were more of a moderator than anyone.

Daze? Daze?! DAAAAZE!!!

• I didn't really pay attention to his wallet, I thought it was fucking rude for Javi to just take it out of his wallet.

Deltino posted: »

In Salvador's wallet, there's an identification card that pretty much confirms that the Garcias are indeed Cuban: Also, Salvador's credit card is mad voided: It expired 4-5 years ago before the turn Get your shit together, Mr. Garcia

edited July 2017

Since you mentioned the note:

And my own transcript (which I'm 99% certain is accurate):

- TAURINE MEDICAL -
    8675 309th St. Columbus, OH 43004
    www.taurinemedical.com

April 6, 2003

Mr. Salvador
    55 Wildflower Drive
    Columbus, OH 43004

Dear Mr. Salvador,

It is with deepest regret that I must inform you that your lab results indicate that the course of your treatment has been ineffective in preventing the spread of disease to other areas of your body. Despite our efforts, the disease has metastasized beyond our ability to treat, and is now classified as terminal.

I understand that this information may be difficult to process, and wish to remind you that our hospital staff is committed to providing counseling and palliative care as needed. I would also like to extend my personal condolences to you in this difficult time, and to let you know that I am always available to go over the lab results or speak with you about next steps. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or my staff if there is anything we can do to further assist you.

Sincerely,

Adam W Chandler, M.D.

So, some interesting things to note:

• The hospital is Taurine Medical. This is also the name of the hospital seen in Richmond (Lingard's clinic).

• Despite the Garcias apparently living in Baltimore Maryland, the address of the Garcia house is in Columbus Ohio.

TheDerpGod posted: »

I didn't really pay attention to his wallet, I thought it was fucking rude for Javi to just take it out of his wallet.

• Well some people are born into different countries but their family do not originate from there, and others move. But she is Spanish, though.

She's from Spain and is therefore Spanish, right?

• This video reminded me of those Spanish tests I took when I was at school and there would be those people who would tell you what to do but they would actually read the ENTIRE question XD even the sentences where you had to fill in the blanks and stuff like that. And towards the end it sounded so off when they finished speaking, but they weren't Spanish or anything. It was something like "Rodriguez iiiiis" XD gave me a few laughs though that nearly got me kicked out of the exam hall.

• edited July 2017

I saw the Columbus Ohio thing and was like:
    And isn't Ohio way up near the north eastish area while Maryland is east coast? XD if this wasn't a screw up idk what it is. No way he'd drive about 2-3 states and back just to go to the hospital.

Since you mentioned the note: And my own transcript (which I'm 99% certain is accurate): - TAURINE MEDICAL - 8675 309th St. Col

To be fair, the letter in game is super small, and it's virtually impossible to read. So either it's just flavor text, or an oversight. I'd lean more towards flavor text, since the addresses in particular are mostly faded out.

I saw the Columbus Ohio thing and was like: And isn't Ohio way up near the north eastish area while Maryland is east coast? XD if this wasn't a screw up idk what it is. No way he'd drive about 2-3 states and back just to go to the hospital.

• We should ask it at the next AMA

To be fair, the letter in game is super small, and it's virtually impossible to read. So either it's just flavor text, or an oversight. I'd lean more towards flavor text, since the addresses in particular are mostly faded out.

• Hold on a sec...

Doesn't the ID number in the card tell his birthday? Because if it does, Salvador was born in 16.3.1938. That makes him 66 years old when he died.

In Salvador's wallet, there's an identification card that pretty much confirms that the Garcias are indeed Cuban: Also, Salvador's credit card is mad voided: It expired 4-5 years ago before the turn Get your shit together, Mr. Garcia

• edited July 2017

When javier gets ambushed by the herd in episode 2 and you don't do the QTE for climbing the ladder, javier will still tell the group to climb up. So there was really no point in having that QTE there.
    EDIT: I just got onto episode 3 and am currently on clem's flashback. You can plainly see her read the vancomycin label, but if you make her read the rivar oxaban label she will say "I don't think this is it" THINK. I was sat down saying to myself: clem, are you for real? You don't think? Since when has the spelling of rivar oxaban looked like the spelling of vancomycin? XD

• R.I.P @DabigRG

Daze? Daze?! DAAAAZE!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.