sam and max the movie!!

edited January 2009 in Sam & Max
aim making a movie about sam and max

Comments

• edited December 2008
    american online instant message?
  • edited December 2008
    No just on my blog. With humans not a dog and a rabbit thing.
  • edited December 2008
    Make sure you give them cool make-up, to at least make them LOOK like a dog and rabbit thing.
  • edited December 2008
    No problem. I all ready made one film. :D
  • edited December 2008
    aim making a movie about sam and max

Keep aiming, my friend!
  • edited December 2008
    Could you give us a link to your movie? (If you have already put it on the internet, of course.)
  • edited December 2008
    i am still on that!:)
  • edited December 2008
    With humans not a dog and a rabbit thing.

Aw. But it'd be so much more fun with an actual dog and rabbit thing. Especially if it was this dog.

dog_sm.jpg
  • edited December 2008
    I would want CGI throughout the entire thing. That would impress me.
  • edited December 2008
    Snicklin wrote: »
    I would want CGI throughout the entire thing. That would impress me.

I'd rather have 2D because I'm one of those people who gets all uppity about every other film being CG.
  • edited December 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I'd rather have 2D because I'm one of those people who gets all uppity about every other film being CG.

CGI wouldn't irritate me if it wasn't so gosh darn over-exposed. Seriously though, it seems like filmmakers can't scratch their own arse without the help of CGI. :mad:
  • edited December 2008
    A nice 2-D cartoon would be good.
  • edited December 2008
    if they made it 3D like the games or like that jimmy neutron whatever that would be sick
  • edited December 2008
    CGI wouldn't irritate me if it wasn't so gosh darn over-exposed. Seriously though, it seems like filmmakers can't scratch their own arse without the help of CGI. :mad:

Good point, I think a real-world movie with real people would be great, if only they could render our protagonists in a low-key manner.

And in any case, it can't be that difficult to make a 6-foot gun-wielding biped dog look realistic, can it? :)
  • edited December 2008
    just a short film. IN TWO SEASONS AND WITH HOLLYWOOD CHARACTERS!:D
  • edited December 2008
    If you have the tools, CGI is the easiest way to go, I'm working on a short (unrelated to S+M) and Other than VA, all you have to do is rig all the models, build the sets and animate. very easy to reuse animations too.

While a Live-action movie with prosthetic makeup would me amazing, it's also almost impossible with characters like these. Would be mroe likely to see a meshing of animation and live action ala Who Framed Roger Rabbit. or CGI/Live-action ala Cats and Dogs.
  • edited December 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    While a Live-action movie with prosthetic makeup would me amazing, it's also almost impossible with characters like these. Would be mroe likely to see a meshing of animation and live action ala Who Framed Roger Rabbit. or CGI/Live-action ala Cats and Dogs.

Not to mention "Rocky&Bullwinkle the Movie", because live actors role playing cartoon villians and cartoonish 3D animated characters in the real world doesn't make sense too me.
  • edited December 2008
    One more thing. Lets say hypotheticaly that a Sam&Max movie is being made, I think either Pixar or Nickelodeon would be nice choices.
  • edited December 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    One more thing. Lets say hypotheticaly that a Sam&Max movie is being made, I think either Pixar or Nickelodeon would be nice choices.

I disagree. Both would make it too childish (just like the cartoon series S+M) I'd go with Dreamworks, who clearly has no problem including lots of adult jokes (as seen in the Shrek series...)
  • edited December 2008
    Amblin would do a nice job, provided the Richard Stone team was on it. Disney has the ability to make good cartoons, they just refuse
  • edited December 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    Amblin would do a nice job, provided the Richard Stone team was on it. Disney has the ability to make good cartoons, they just refuse

Lotsa people will argue that goof troop was not a good series... but amazingly I know prolly a hundred people just on a few forums that LOVED Darkwing Duck! lol

Keep in mind those were during the golden age of disney, that kind of plot, laced with adult references, is almost impossible to find from them now a days... Disney decided to become what I like to call "Super-G-Rated" and file down and and all possible sharp corners...
  • edited December 2008
    Keep in mind those were during the golden age of disney, that kind of plot, laced with adult references, is almost impossible to find from them now a days... Disney decided to become what I like to call "Super-G-Rated" and file down and and all possible sharp corners...

Funny thing about the 'Golden Age' of Disney, all those shows were them giving Amblin the middle finger for not allowing them to make a Roger Rabbit series. They make their best stuff out of spite.

-edit-
    Even funnier is that Amblin was just as pissed about not being able to make Roger Rabbit cartoons, they made Animaniacs, successfully trumping all of the Disney counters.
  • edited December 2008
    I didnt know that part. Funny as hell though that the driving force behind the best animated series's Disney cranked out was vengence...

And I though WB owned Animaniacs, or is Amblin part of WB? (and if we're gonna talk about studios, we cant leave out one of the most outragous cartoons of the 90s, Earthworm Jim! (I want to say it was WB but I dont remember...))
  • edited December 2008
    And I though WB owned Animaniacs, or is Amblin part of WB?

It was a joint effort, Amblin decided to add insult to injury by siding with Disney's strongest competitor for distribution and development.

Today Animaniacs and Pinky and The Brain is syndicated on Toon Disney. :rolleyes:

Earthworm Jim was a pure Warner Brothers venture with influence from Richard Stone's team based off a Sega game, I think.

It was an angry world in the early nineties
  • edited December 2008
    Personaly, I belive Darkwing Duck beats the Earthworm Jim cartoon by a long shot. Besides, the character dialog/script in Earthworm Jim was extremely corny.
  • edited December 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    It was a joint effort, Amblin decided to add insult to injury by siding with Disney's strongest competitor for distribution and development.
    Today Animaniacs and Pinky and The Brain is syndicated on Toon Disney. :rolleyes:
    Earthworm Jim was a pure Warner Brothers venture with influence from Richard Stone's team based off a Sega game, I think.
    It was an angry world in the early nineties

Lol. I dont remember which system it was first, but I know EWJ spent most of his series on Nintendo (though I have this odd feeling you're right, that it started on SEGA)

I'm suprised, I figured Disney only syndicated Disney cartoons...

@ vyper:
    EWJ was meant to be corny, it was parodying every superhero comic/movie/show/game out there...

and dont try to say Darkwing Duck was never corny... there were lines that make me cringe today... (though even now I see it as one of Disney's best series') If I remember correctly it actually was also a massive Parody series, same as EWJ, just not as wacky...
  • edited December 2008
    "I am the terror that flaps in the night" makes me cringe, I don't know why they didn't just stick with "Let's get dangerous"
  • edited December 2008
    Woah, that Bonkers intro just brought back a bunch of good memories. And I also loved Darkwing Duck. But I'd have to listen to a few episodes of DD to be able to tell if the guys that made them could do anything good with Sam & Max. To many childhood memories were shattered by the phrase:

Hey, I liked that when I was young let's try and see if I can find it on the internet.
  • edited December 2008
    Falzo wrote: »
    To many childhood memories were shattered by the phrase:
    Hey, I liked that when I was young let's try and see if I can find it on the internet.

Found out there are "adult" images of those characters floating around, eh? lol! (funny thing is, when I see that I tend to think something like "Yes! S/he finally got some! s/he deserves it after all that s/he went through!" lol)

If you mean content though, here's a tip, unless it was too deep for you to understand as a child, or it was so brainless that you never had to think, you'll not like what you find. Some cartoons never get old, like the old WB Slapstick with Buggs and Daffy, Or the 100-level-deep Charlie Brown that you can keep analyzing deeper and deeper the older you get. My advice is start by looking up the opening animation or even just the theme song, if you find it annoying, dont go any further! lol
  • edited December 2008
    It's more like good at 8 years old doesn't nearly have the same standards as twenty years later. I was a bit older though when Darkwing Duck was around so it should be safe on that front.
  • edited December 2008
    YES, IT WOULD BE BEATER WITH DREAMWORKS:cool:
  • edited December 2008
    I think you accidentally hit the caps button.
  • edited December 2008
    I think you accidentally hit the caps button.

Or the shift-key is perma-locked...
    Originally Posted by Falzo
    To many childhood memories were shattered by the phrase:

And rules 34 and 35 are a bitch, ain't they?
  • edited December 2008
    Avel wrote: »
    And rules 34 and 35 are a bitch, ain't they?

Hey, some of us LOVE rules 34 + 35! ;) lol

though sadly I've never seen S+M Rule 34... Someone needs to invoke rule 35 on S+M!!! (lol)
  • edited December 2008
    They exist... you won't like what you find, though...
  • edited December 2008
    I'm guessing when I say S+M 34, I get S/M 34, eh? course knowing it's out there means I'll be looking for it now... and I have a prety perverted mind, so... @____@
  • edited December 2008
    Considering where Steve Purcell works...
  • edited January 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Aw. But it'd be so much more fun with an actual dog and rabbit thing. Especially if it was this dog.

dog_sm.jpg

what type of dog is that me and my mom are argueing on what type it is?
  • edited January 2009
    I'm guessing when I say S+M 34, I get S/M 34, eh? course knowing it's out there means I'll be looking for it now... and I have a prety perverted mind, so... @____@
    I looked it up with the pictures turned off, and judging by the keywords it's not entirely Sam/Max. Overwhelmingly, yes, but not entirely.

I'll say no more to save people's brains.
  • edited January 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I looked it up with the pictures turned off, and judging by the keywords it's not entirely Sam/Max. Overwhelmingly, yes, but not entirely.
    I'll say no more to save people's brains.

Acctually a forumite was kind enough to provide a link to some Sam and Max rule 34, and it was a very mixed bag as far as quality, but it was all fun.

Scary how this thread went from "S+M THE MOVIE" to talking about pervy Rule 34 pics of the duo...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.