long shot, but... Models?

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
I know this is a long shot but after many failed hours of attempting my own and more failed hours of searching the net, I was left with the only option to beg and plead and see if TT had it in their hearts to release the MBs for Sam and for Max for non-profit use (mainly learning animation) I dont even need riggings, I'll gladly do them myself!

Or, failing that, if someone on the forums could point me towards anyone with quality likenesses (does not have to be MB, OBJ, 3DS, etc are all fine, basically any of the common ones)

While the desoto would be nice too, I've found that for the most part any adequately wrecked police car will work *evil grin*

Comments

• edited December 2008
    wow my question is such blasphemy it doesn't even get a "No!" I dont know whether to feel ashamed or proud... lol
  • edited December 2008
    Ashton wrote: »
    wow my question is such blasphemy it doesn't even get a "No!" I dont know whether to feel ashamed or proud... lol

I disagree Johnny Fandango or whatever your name is, if he/she requests models or whatever we should at least provide an adequate answer, not to mention being polite, instead of calling it Blasphemy! jeez!
  • edited December 2008
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    I disagree Johnny Fandango or whatever your name is, if he/she requests models or whatever we should at least provide an adequate answer, not to mention being polite, instead of calling it Blasphemy! jeez!

The person who posted the second post IS the person who posted the first post!
  • edited December 2008
    I don't think anyone was intentionally ignoring you :(

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to be able to give up the Maya models. There's definitely a limit to the sorts of game assets we can give away, I'm afraid.

Sorry man :(
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    The person who posted the second post IS the person who posted the first post!

Duh, multiple personalities!
  • edited December 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    There's definitely a limit to the sorts of game assets we can give away, I'm afraid.

[irony]you can't be serious. we bought the games and now you won't give us the models, so we can make our own and don't have to buy yours anymore? [/irony]

no, seriously, telltale usually is really generous when it comes to providing hi-res artwork of their games. like, when someone wants to make his own wallpaper or alternate dvd cover.
    giving away models would be something like asking coca-cola to put the coke-recipe on the net.

of course it would be awesome to have some sam&max or maybe strongbad models to make your own cartoons, but i understand that this is impossible.

furthermore, if you want to learn 3d stuff, it won't get you anywhere if you use completed models, especially complex ones like these. get some proper tutorials and then make your own models afterwards. when your good enough, send an application to telltale and maybe you'll get to work with some sam & max models afterall...;)
  • edited December 2008
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    Duh, multiple personalities!

...just what are you smokin? you need to sell it instead, I'm sure you can get a LOT of $$$ for it!
    tabacco wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to be able to give up the Maya models. There's definitely a limit to the sorts of game assets we can give away, I'm afraid.

As I said in my initial post, I knew it was a longshot and didnt expect it would happen, I was just hoping. I guess I can just some some other characters, I just wanted to sneak my favorite dog and rabbity-thing into some animations I'm working on. Thanks anyway though.
    wisp wrote: »
    [irony]you can't be serious. we bought the games and now you won't give us the models, so we can make our own and don't have to buy yours anymore? [/irony]

no, seriously, telltale usually is really generous when it comes to providing hi-res artwork of their games. like, when someone wants to make his own wallpaper or alternate dvd cover.
    giving away models would be something like asking coca-cola to put the coke-recipe on the net.

of course it would be awesome to have some sam&max or maybe strongbad models to make your own cartoons, but i understand that this is impossible.

furthermore, if you want to learn 3d stuff, it won't get you anywhere if you use completed models, especially complex ones like these. get some proper tutorials and then make your own models afterwards. when your good enough, send an application to telltale and maybe you'll get to work with some sam & max models afterall...;)

Dont make it sound like I'm not learning, I just have interest in putting together some complete animations, and right now my 3D artwork consists entirely of slightly-altered Polygons, When I get much past that it gets very ugly, and dont get me started on my failed attempts so far to learn the Fur plugin...

Also, I only asked for Sam and for Max, not every model in the game. I wont lie, it would be awesome to be able to have the others available (even though the VA would ruin it since I have nobody that could even come close to any of them) But I knew that was impossible, and furthermore, this was just to sneak them in as a cameo in some shorts, not to make my own series, My mind isn't anywhere near as twisted as Mr Purcel or the TT team...
  • edited December 2008
    Ask and ye shall receive.

max.jpg

PM me an email address, and I'll send you the file, you can do blend shapes and rig him nice yes?
  • edited December 2008
    ask and ye shall receive.

max.jpg

pm me an email address, and i'll send you the file, you can do blend shapes and rig him nice yes?

spaaaaaamboooooot
  • edited December 2008
    How about these?

smaxme2.jpg

:P And no, they're not for share.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    Where did those come from?
  • edited December 2008
    natlinxz wrote: »
    spaaaaaamboooooot

Spamboot? is there a Spamshirt and Spampants too? ;) (lol sorry coudn't resist)
  • edited December 2008
    How about these?

[IM G]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/8333/smaxme2.jpg[/IMG]

Is it just me or does the Desoto not have a door, just a handle and a smooth side?
  • edited December 2008
    Is it just me or does the Desoto not have a door, just a handle and a smooth side?

I think the doors were only textures... or did Sam actually open the door on the driver's side? Max only jumped in anyway...
  • edited December 2008
    I think the doors were only textures... or did Sam actually open the door on the driver's side? Max only jumped in anyway...

Come to think of it, I think Sam jumped in too...I seem to remember him grabbing the door and flipping over it... might indeed have just been textures, when I think about it I dont recall the doors ever opening...
  • edited December 2008
    aren't there scenes were they arrice at a location and it starts with sam closing the door? maybe it only has a driver door or the door was added later, like in season two...or maybe i am just wrong. who knows...
    Dont make it sound like I'm not learning(...)
    that wasn't my intention. i just though that you might have a better start at the beginning, not in the middle. on the other hand, if you want to be a choreographer rather than a modeler, that's fine too...
  • edited December 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    aren't there scenes were they arrice at a location and it starts with sam closing the door? maybe it only has a driver door or the door was added later, like in season two...or maybe i am just wrong. who knows...

that wasn't my intention. i just though that you might have a better start at the beginning, not in the middle. on the other hand, if you want to be a choreographer rather than a modeler, that's fine too...

Unless I'm mistaken, you hear the sound-effect then Sam walks away form teh car, it happens "off screen" though I may be wrong.

I'm slowly learning to model, but yes, I'm leaning more towards rigging, effects, and animating (didn't think of using the word "Choreographer")
  • edited December 2008
    How about these?

smaxme2.jpg

That's amazing! How did you get them to stand perfectly still like that while holding out their arms for the picture?
    Just kidding. I was thinking about doing animation myself, and these could be useful in the future. They'll probably be projects left unfinished though, never seen by another soul, but it'll be a fun thing to do in my spare time. ;)
  • edited December 2008
    How about these?

smaxme2.jpg

:eek: WOW! They're super good, did you made them yourself?
    I thought you made them by taking a 3DXML file with 3D PrintScreen program...
    awesome
  • edited December 2008
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    :eek: WOW! They're super good, did you made them yourself?
    I thought you made them by taking a 3DXML file with 3D PrintScreen program...
    awesome

*snicker* If he made them himself the desoto would have doors.

However the one above that was shown by TheMagicalAnimatron IN MAYA was legit, He acctually sent me the MB he made (which was made from scratch) of Max.
  • edited December 2008
    Wow! So now you can insert Max as a cameo appearance in your short film!
    Well, good for you!
    Would you show us your short film after it finished to us?
    And, who is this cool new guy, I mean TheMagicalAnimatron, in the forums?is he the guy who made this?
    EDIT:Sorry, I forgot you said he made it from scratch
  • edited December 2008
    I don't know who made that, but Max looks wet. XD
  • edited December 2008
    The guy that used 3dPrintScreen might have made it, but TheMagicalAnamatron did not. I switched to wireframe mode and I can tell you that is NOT the model that he made. very different structure in places like the feet and ears.

And yes, if I make any of the 4 animations I will post them (well 3 of them, one is for a friend and gets a little adult, though if you still want to see it I can cut it to just the part showing S+M or at least Max)

To be honest of the 4 only 1 is a short film, the other 3 are music videos that I couldn't resist the temptation to remake using Max (one is purely Max, Sam only cameoing at the end saying "what are you doing, Max?")
  • edited December 2008
    Music video remakes that have Max in them, wow, I just can't wait to see them.
    It would be great if you could mix them with live action, .....Cool
  • edited December 2008
    I *could* do it, I do have access to software like Adobe Premier Pro, but honestly, I don't have anyone I know in this whole town with enough sense to act...

One stars Max, one technically stars Sam but max is all through it. The third they're just being cops, and the forth they're just being cops.
  • edited December 2008
    Can't wait to see them. :D
  • edited January 2009
    Combine some 3D models of Sam and Max with shapeways.com and you can get your own little S&M figures :D
  • edited January 2009
    Long time in comming, first glimpse of Max:
    I seeeeee you!

what you don't see yet is Sam standing on the doorstep. I've not finished that model yet.

Thought this might amuse you all though.
  • edited January 2009
    That's pretty good!
  • edited January 2009
    I'm amused. :D
  • edited January 2009
    Well I'm in the market for models, not for anything just to look at
  • edited January 2009
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    Well I'm in the market for models, not for anything just to look at

I could give you a max model, but it wouldn't do you any good without Maya, which is a $4000 program (no joke, if you dont believe me look at autodesk.com) If all else fails I hope to have a Sam model by mid February. But doing the UV mapping I'm 100% sure will take eternity and prove to be a b**** and a half!
  • edited March 2009
    tomo_cjt wrote: »
    Combine some 3D models of Sam and Max with shapeways.com and you can get your own little S&M figures :D

And I did:

sm0.jpg

sm3.jpg

Sam is about 10cm high, Max about 7cm and the little Max (as a test) 3.5cm. And thanks to my brother I've got of of them painted:

samm.jpg

Of course it's stupid to have them standing there with their arms stretched out, so they're only tests. I'll have them made in pose as well... something like this:

63662465.jpg

Or maybe I'll try something with Sam holding his gun.
  • edited March 2009
    that is awesome
  • edited March 2009
    The laser man has done it again.. Completely awesome!
  • edited March 2009

63662465.jpg

These look fantastic in monochrome, I wonder what they would ook like if you did them as such?
  • edited March 2009
    Ooh a Noir episode of sam & max would be awesome; some sort of casablanca homage or similar; with Flint.
  • edited March 2009
    patters wrote: »
    These look fantastic in monochrome, I wonder what they would ook like if you did them as such?
    Yeah, I was thinking about that as well... like the black and white Clerks Inaction Figures:

ClerksB&WRandal.jpg ClerksB&WDante.jpg

But I guess I'll prefer them in color, as Sam's blue suit looks so damn cool.
  • edited April 2009
    Quuux wrote: »
    Ooh a Noir episode of sam & max would be awesome; some sort of casablanca homage or similar; with Flint.

From just that pic alone, I agree. Telltale make it so. :)
  • edited April 2009
    And then they can make Clerks adventures (although there'd have to be adult content warning)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.