The wolf among us episode 5 ending?!? Faith / Nerissa

124»

Comments

• edited April 2016

However, we don't know how this spell works. We don't necessarily know that Faith dying would allow us to see her with the ribbon still around her neck. We could see her father dead, yes. But, he was only dead. He was not also enchanted by any sort of spells that we know of (At the very least, none that would affect our ability to see him using The Mirror).

The fact that we don't know just how these spells work, and in what contexts they would fail or stop is complicating things immensely.

By your logic then, the real Faith, who was glamoured to look like Nerissa through the whole game, couldn't have placed the glamoured head on the steps of "The Woodlands" to begin with. If after death magic spells no longer have affect, then the glamour that was used to disguise Nerissa's head as "Faith's" should have stopped working. Faith wouldn't have been able to disguise Nerissa's head to look like her own because Nerissa was dead.

However, we know that these glamour spells have to actually be broken. Take when Bigby breaks the glamour tube that was controlling Lily's appearance for example. Until this tube was broken, Lily continued to take on the exact appearance of Snow White.

If we had asked The Magic Mirror later in the story to reveal Faith, we may have been able to see the truth. It isn't until much later that Vivian decides to sacrifice herself and breaks the curse for good. This would, in theory, guarantee that the real Faith would be shown, no matter if she was dead or not. If we had asked The Mirror after Vivian's sacrifice, you would be correct. Unfortunately, we didn't, and cannot be sure about the "mirror test" and it's credibility for this reason.

I don't necessarily side with either theory at the moment, I'm just trying to understand both schools of thought more thoroughly, by playing devil's advocate.

Bold Text = Character or person of interest.

Italics Text = Item or place of interest, or pronoun of character currently being discussed.

"Quotations Around Text" = An alleged person, a quote, or a title.

• Now I am going to pitch you something crazy here. What if: Faith indeed broke into HER OWN jewelry box. Yes, this seems quite crazy indeed. But, as a master of disguise wanting to hide her identity, she set the scene up. Think, this is one of quite the only things keeping others from believing that Faith is still alive. Is that not what she might've wished to accomplish? If I were her, and clever enough, this would be quite the tactic to stage a piece of evidence to look in the hands of another. So, what if Faith was trying to mess our minds up even more than she (might) already have? Forging a break in to her own property, to lead perspectives away. If it was not broken in to, or she unlocked it herself, almost any would assume the "Faith-still-alive theory" would check out. I'd be glad to know what you think.

• edited April 2016

I suppose that is a possibility. I wouldn't necessarily say that it is entirely out of the question. She could have broken her own jewelry box, I suppose. However, I would wonder what the real Faith would stand to gain by doing this.

Think of it this way... During the conclusion, no one in "Fabletown" (other than Bigby) thinks that anything is out of place with the murders. All of the Fables have accepted the events that took place, loose ends are being tied up, and as we see in the conclusion, everyone seems happy for once. There is finally closure, and the men and women who are responsible for the two murders (Georgie, The Crooked Man, Etc.) are thought to have been fully dealt with. Even Bigby felt a false sense of closure, until "Nerissa" decided to admit to lying in her testimony, and saying those infamous last words before strolling off.

She (whoever she really is) decided to use the same phrasing she used in the beginning for a reason. She wanted Bigby to know the truth, for one reason or another. You mentioned Faith being a "master of disguise" as a reason for "staging a piece of evidence". However, no one was suspicious of what had occurred, or was questioning the jewelry box in the first place. If anything, this was leaving evidence for people to see that she might not be who she claims to be, or that what happened may have not been so cut and dry (which seems to be the case). Also, if she truly didn't want to be found out, she wouldn't allude to her possibly being someone else by using her previous phrasing as she walked off. This specific phrasing is what triggered Bigby's memory, and made him realize that something was amiss.

Again, I'm not saying that the "Faith Theory" doesn't make sense. I just still don't understand a few small details, such as this one. Much like how you mentioned that the vivid backstory you are provided with about Faith (AKA: Donkey Skin) alludes to more than just background noise, I feel like the fact that this jewelry box was there for you to examine, and for Bigby to even comment on, was oddly pointed and purposeful. I feel like there is a reason that we saw this box, although I'm not entirely sure why.

I don't necessarily side with either theory at the moment, I'm just trying to understand both schools of thought more thoroughly, by playing devil's advocate.

Italics Text = Item or place of interest, or pronoun of character currently being discussed.

• I am actually more convinced on the Nerissa was Faith theory now, hah. I am following you now, I like your comments and such on TWAU and hope to read more of your points and details.

• edited April 2016

Well, thank you. Again, I'm not sure myself. I'm just a fellow fan who is trying to find the truth for himself, or at least, what I believe is the truth. A lot of people on here are so dead set on the fact that it is really Faith in the end, so I'm just simply just trying to point away from a lot of the larger details, to the smaller ones. I feel there are some small inconsistencies and logical disconnects with both theories to work out.

• I think that the ribbons were somehow enchanted and if removed they would decapitate the girls wearing them. I think they would also decapitate the girls if they spoke about what they weren't supposed to.

• I agree the glamour would not have worn off since they didn't find the body with the glamour tube.

Everyone is using "Do you like my ribbon?" as evidence to link Nerissa as Faith. But the first time we meet Vivian at the P&P, she says those exact same words. So, either all the girls are linked (some hivemind/multiple thing), or Nerissa is actually the one with the original ribbon and Vivian only THOUGHT she was, or Faith was glamoured as each of them at different points in the game (perhaps to stay alive, or is some kind of mastermind). Clearly, one way or another, Vivian killing herself did not break the spell (another unnamed girl was also wearing hers outside the mayor's office at the end).

• Pretty sure Faith died at the beginning. Nerissa didn't want it to go unnoticed, she wanted Bigby to investigate and find out what's been going on in Fabletown. Therefore, she had to draw his attention. She used Faith('s head) for this. She glamoured herself to look like Faith, made sure she got into some trouble (with the Woodsman) so Bigby would show up. She wanted to make sure Bigby would know "Faith" and would care enough to investigate when he later found her head at his doorstep. Nerissa placed the head there for Bigby to find. She had to do it like this because she couldn't tell him what was going on (because of the spell), so she found an alternative way. In the end, she says some stuff to Bigby she also said when glamoured as Faith so he knows it was her the whole time (not sure for what reason though).

I don't really get the theory where Faith would glamour herself as Nerissa? What would be the point of that? Why would she want Bigby to investigate her, leading him to her by putting that ring in the mouth of Nerissa's glamoured seperated head (pretty sure that death doesn't undo a glamour since at the end of episode 2, the head still looks like Snow). Why wouldn't she just stay Faith and just let Nerissa be Nerissa (but still place the head on Bigby his steps)...

• That's a really good point. Didn't even consider that. What's the point of Telltale lying outside the game? I suppose you could get into some meta-shit, but it just doesn't make much sense for them to do that.

So then is it the real Faith you meet at the beginning? If so, then her and Nerissa say the exact same thing about Bigby not being "as bad as everyone says" which seems unlikely.

If that's true, then Faith was already dead in the beginning, and we never actually meet her because it's Nerissa glamoured as Faith. That's really the only conclusion I could draw. If that's true, then the ribbon spell works after death, since the Magic Mirror would have shown Faith's head or body instead of saying "my lips are sealed."

Bunny4 posted: »

The one thing that stops me from believing that Faith is still alive, is the fact that in the 'Special Stats' screen at the end of the game

• edited May 2016

The way I see it, there are 2 possibilities.

Either the Faith we see at the beginning is the real one, and she is glamoured as Nerissa at the end.
    OR
    We never meet Faith, it's Nerissa the whole time.

Due to the "You're not as bad as everyone says" line given by both girls, it's either "Faith" and Nerissa, or it's Faith and "Nerissa" (" means glamoured).

The only problem I can see with it being Faith the whole time (meaning she's "Nerissa" at the end) is the fact that 2 glamours would be required. If it's Faith the whole time, then it's actually Nerissa-"Faith"'s head that Bigby and Snow discover first. In order for this to be true, Faith and Nerissa-"Faith" would both require glamours (since it's actually Faith-"Nerissa" at the end). The game seems to set it up pretty well that glamours can last as long as they need to, even after death, as long as the tube isn't opened (since Lily's-"Snow" body doesn't revert until Bigby opens the tube, even after she's dead). This might make more sense since Faith is still alive and still has the ribbon spell enforced since the Mirror's "Lips are sealed" when Bigby tries to use it to find Faith.

In the scenario where Faith is dead the whole time, and it's actually Nerissa-"Faith" at the beginning, then Nerissa puts Faith's head on Bigby's doorstep. If this is the case, then the ribbon-spell must be effective after death, since Faith's head and body are not glamoured. Nerissa uses the whole situation into manipulating Bigby into investigating the Crooked Man and the Pudding and Pie.

Either way, the girl at the beginning and end of the game are the same person. It's either Nerissa-"Faith" and Nerissa, or it's Faith and Faith-"Nerissa".

• I caught this too and just voiced this on another thread. Good catch!

Evidence I feel Many have Overlooked or Forgotten Does anyone remember when you use the mirror after having found "Faith's" head to, firs

• Yeah, but remember when Bigby opens up Lily's glamour tube and Aunty Greenleaf's and they change back? They're able to stay glamoured for awhile it seems or until the tube is opened. They could've also always gone back for more tubes or had some spare ones.

Kennys Boat posted: »

Faith is 100% dead for sure, the glamour would have worn off, just as Mr. Toads did, that means that Nerissa was doing one of the following:

• Telltale provides hints that Faith is the one alive through the whole story.

• edited June 2016

here it is guys, She Is/Was always "FAITH"

"The PROOF"

photo Faith is alive_zpsd1blt0kc.jpg

like many theories about this(final mystery) in this page....

this is the Vertigo comic book adaptation of the Wolf among us, entitled Fables: Wolf among us, written by one of the original Fables comic book writer, so you know their close with the writers of the game(Wolf among Us),.,

what you see here is the continuation of what happened last with the interaction of Nerissa"FAITH" and Bigby(ep. 5), when Nerissa"FAITH" went into the corner she was cornered by the "Crooked Man" with a ring(read the comic to understand why this is happening), but the important part is when the "Crooked Man" said "I HAVE FAITH",.,.

• edited June 2016

Oh my god ! We now know.

Ghost16 posted: »

here it is guys, She Is/Was always "FAITH" "The PROOF" like many theories about this(final mystery) in this page.... this is th

• Im only here to say that this game is amazing. I love telltale games and Wolf Among us did not let me down in any way. Just finished it yesterday and I couldnt help but to come to the site and figure out what the hell was that ending about. And thanks to all of you expressing your opinions, its great, Cant wait for season 2 to find out everything.

• So many questions - how can it be the Crooked Man if he was killed by Bigby, thrown down the Witching Well or turned into a Raven by Aunty Greenleaf? Also what about the option for Bigby to follow Nerissa(Faith)?

Ghost16 posted: »

here it is guys, She Is/Was always "FAITH" "The PROOF" like many theories about this(final mystery) in this page.... this is th

• Haha learned something after reading some posts .

I was a bit confused before

• bigby had 58 dollars at the beginning. you choose to give the money to her. later in georgie's place in that safe floor. you will find 58 dollars ( other then another one ) . so that's mean the faith and neressa we met are not the same person?? is that it?

• because Georgie killed her, right? RIGHT???

bigby had 58 dollars at the beginning. you choose to give the money to her. later in georgie's place in that safe floor. you will find 58 do

• yeah i would agree haha its defiantly faith just need faith in that hahahhahahaha had tooo

I thought it made complete sense from a writing standpoint because Bigby didn't need to know anything about Nerissa. Bigby would need to kno

• NO, he's right, I read the comics awhile back, its a more elaborated version of the game, the game "Wolf among us" is a prequel of the comic book FABLES, & the comic book FABLES: Wolf among Us, is the elaborated version of the game, I don't wanna spoil anything so I'll tell you a little bit, so just read the comic FABLES: Wolf among US to really understand, the "Crooked Man" in the picture above is not really the "Crooked Man who DIED/imprisoned/turned into a Raven", if you know what i'm saying, just like "Nerissa" is not really Nerissa, she's really Faith, get it..

prink34320 posted: »

So many questions - how can it be the Crooked Man if he was killed by Bigby, thrown down the Witching Well or turned into a Raven by Aunty Greenleaf? Also what about the option for Bigby to follow Nerissa(Faith)?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.