Is anyone else mildly irritated that Bigby was visually upgraded from the comics?

2»

Comments

• I'm not entirely sure because I haven't read the comics but if you look at that picture he just looks a bit fat. So maybe he started being one of those donut eating sheriffs during those 20 years between the games and the comics and put on a little weight and stopped trimming his arms. Because that's the only difference I can see. Plus it's common in games that the main protagonist HAS to look good for the player to subconciously feel a bit better while playing the game because you're playing as an attractive fella. But you don't really "play" as someone while reading a comic or doing anything other than gaming so that's probably why they made him more attractive. Atleast they didn't make him blonde or something like that xD

• edited July 2017

I didn't realize this was an old thread I already commented on, so I'll just say again, I love how Bigby looks in the game. Nothing wrong with making him eye candy.

• I miss the good old days when this part of the forum was active....

KCohere posted: »

I didn't realize this was an old thread I already commented on, so I'll just say again, I love how Bigby looks in the game. Nothing wrong with making him eye candy.

• edited July 2017

you kidding? bigby's hot af in the comics. i have to agree that sometimes he looks really weird but you've gotta remember that the artists had strict deadlines, and each artist drew him differently. I think the root of his "lady problems" may have had something to do with the fact that he's an ex serial killer and the big bad wolf. :P

also, the game takes place BEFORE the comics so bigby was visibly a lot younger - but other than that, they look exactly the same.

• Wow never even glimpsed at the comics until now and I can already say the game characters look so much better.

• Yeah but the characters are drawn by multiple artists and look 'differen' between panels. Some of the Bigby/Snow/Beauty drawings etc from the comics look stunning! Others not so much...

Bigby mostly has shadows for eyes in the comics :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.