Have the rules of the thread kill the member above you!

edited July 2010 in Forum Games
Okay, now this is a little different than any of the threads we already have up, so pay attention. I hope you all can learn the rules easily, because I think this is going to be really funny if we can get it going.

RULE #1: If you break the rules, you die (not for real, and it doesn’t mean you can’t keep posting. You do not need to explain why you came back, either. In fact, just don’t do that ever.)

RULE #2: Every post must introduce a new rule that causes the person who posted above them to be breaking the rules. That’s right, anyone can and must make a new rule every time they post.

RULE #3: Only the numbered rules in this post are permanent. All other rules are considered “active” only if they were introduced within the last three posts.

RULE #4: Your posts must follow all “active” rules.

RULE #5: You cannot introduce a rule that is either a) impossible to follow, b) extremely difficult to follow, c) conflicts with any “active” rules, or d) conflicts with the rules of the Telltale forums.

RULE #6: You do not have to follow your own rule, unless it was introduced before the post you are currently making and is still “active”.

Now here is an example of how this thread is supposed to flow:

Ugly Bird: You have to put a question mark after every word in your sentence.
Metalkombat: You? Must? Always? Call? Yourself? “Leonard?” at? The? Beginning? Of? Your? Post?
Stinkomanfan: I? Am? Leonard? And? You? Have? To? Spell? Every? Other? Word? Backwards? In? Your? Post?
Ugly Bird: I? Ma? Leonard? Dna? You? Tsum? give? Em? A? Tnemilpmoc? At? Eht? End? Fo? Your? Tsop?
Metalkombat: I ma Leonard, dna you evah to esu a gnos title ni your tsop. Ugly Drib is citsatnaf and a good ressik.
Ray-The-Sun: You tnac use eht word “esu” in ruoy post. Ylgu Bird, uoy are os great taht I’m “Reven Gonna Tel You Og!”

Notice how the only people who were required to put question marks after every word were the next three people who posted after Ugly Bird introduced the rule. Also, notice how Ugly Bird didn’t have to put question marks after every word in his first post, because he was introducing the rule in that post. But in his second post, he did have to.

Oh, and if that extremely unpleasant thing happens, where someone else makes a post that you didn’t see because you were still typing yours, it’s okay. Don’t worry about it. If you see that someone has done this, just continue with business as usual and follow all active rules, regardless of wether the people who posted those rules were following the rules themselves.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Now I shall get us started:

You have to say "Your wish is my command!" at the beginning of your post.
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! You must replace E's in you sentances with Z's.
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! You must only usz simplz words in your posts, likz you'rz talking to a littlz child.
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! *slowly* Say..."dancz"...in...posts.
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! makz...two...spzlling...mistakzs...in...zach...post.
    dancz.
  • edited January 2009
    You...have...to..usee...1...2...3...4...5...6! 6...for... letter... words...each...time...but...no...dance...today...
  • edited January 2009
    (Ugly Bird, this is possibly the funnyest thing I've seen you do so far. Besides the time I saw yoo dance, of course.)

You must mention the name of a movie in each post.
  • edited January 2009
    You mst involve eggs in each post, like n Indiana Jones and Star Wars.
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! Guy in a Box dizs for using the forbiddzn letter. Hz shall bz rzmzmberzd for his awzsomz avtar. You will You must makz a bunny icon likz this at thz znd of zvzry post. zggs arz part of "Thz Brkfast Club".

....()()
    ....('-')
    (|)(...)(|)
    _(|__ |)_
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! you must hit zntzr twice bzforz posting your post, likz zating zggs with spaceballs.

....()()
    ....('-')
    (|)(...)(|)
    _(|__ |)_
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! Yzs, I'm following thz rulzs this timz. You must put in at lzast thrzz brackzts in zach post. Brackzts, to mz, look likz zggs, likz in Plan Ninz from Outzr Spacz.

....()()
    ....('-')
    (|)(...)(|)
    _(|__ |)_
  • edited January 2009
    Your wish is my command! [][ Yoo must havz won sophisticatzd word in your post. Zxamplz. Zggs: Not sophisticatzd. Zvzr so, quitz and most big words: Sophisticatzd. Sort of likz whzn Zero comzs out of his gravzstonz dog housz thing in "Thz Nightmarz Beforz Christmas".
  • edited January 2009
    You must mention a Starfox character in your post every (Krystal) Ten words, And you must only follow the Central rules (Falco Lombardi) or rules within the previous three posts, 'K? Somewhat like (James McCloud) in Dangeresque 0; The prequel Begineth, when Dangeresque gets Kicked (Lucas McCloud) out of the Space Program. Also, I like Star Fox ( Did I already Mention Krystal? Dash Bowman)
  • edited January 2009
    Yes, RTS is quite right. I only require that you (Fox McCloud) follow the last three posted rules [in addition to the (Falco Lombardi) central rules of the forum]. The only thing he was (Lucas McCloud) wrong about was that you are Not required to follow (Dash Bowman) your own rule in the same post that you are (James McCloud) creating it [and please don't]. Oh, and you have to (Fox McCloud again) add exactly one to every number, word that sounds like (Falco Lombardi again) a number, or part of a word that sounds like (Lucas McCloud) a number, in your post.
  • edited January 2009
    Purgation. Too. You must put a period between after every (Fox) syllable. Like. This. Su. Per. Man.
  • edited January 2009
    I. Ress. Ur. Ect. Thread. You. Must. Say. Clap. Clap! No. Per. I. Od. (Fox) At. The. Start. Of. Your Post. Tree.
  • edited January 2009
    Clap. Clap! You. Must. Make. At. Least. One. Ob. Scure. Ref. Er. (Slippy Toad) Ence. To. The. Nine. 'Ties. In. Your. Post.
  • edited January 2009
    Clap. Clap! I. think. that. each. word. not. each. syll. ab. le. is. when. (Fox) you. need. to. men. tion. a. star. fox. char. ac. ter. you. must. (falco) in. clude. a. spam. off. er. in. your. post. if. you. know (peppy) what. a. goo. kie. is.
    ....__
    |____|_

( )8( )
  • edited January 2009
    Clap. Clap! Tom Servo over here is telling me that everyone has to scream OBJECTION! at some point during the post. Join the HRWiki today!
  • edited January 2009
    RE: FWD: RE: FWD: I HERD THIS GAEM STINKS! LUL!

OBJECTION!
    You must mention a Mother/Earthbound character every 15th syllable like (Giygas) that.
  • edited February 2009
    you must say awesome before every sentence like this:

"awesome, (lucas) you must say eleven before every sentence"

(i didn't see the other rules so far except the one above me which is # 21)
  • edited February 2009
    Awesome, You must mention a Nintendo Character ever(Buzz-Buzz)y 16th Syllable in the same way as the Mother Char(Picky Minch)acters.
  • edited March 2010
    I restart this thread with new rules
    You must always say REALLY? THAT? NEVER! at the start of each thread
  • edited March 2010
    REALLY? THAT? NEVER! You must always put a winslow/guybrush emoticon in between every 5 words.
  • edited March 2010
    REALLY? THAT? NEVER! You must :guybrush: announce that you are eating :winslow: a grilled cheese sandwhich in :guybrush: each post
  • edited March 2010
    REALLY? THAT? NEVER! I am :guybrush: eating a grilled cheese sandwich. :winslow: You must always say WHY!? :guybrush: at the end of each :winslow: post
  • edited March 2010
    I am eating a grilled:guybrush: cheese sandwich you must change :winslow: your avatar every time you :guybrush: post WHY!?
  • edited March 2010
    You must translate your post into French with Google Translate. I am eating a grilled cheese sandwich. WHY?!
  • edited March 2010
    Vous devez mettre les textes à une ligne d'une chanson dans chaque poteau, POURQUOI ?

(i must admit, this is the mac translator, not Google
  • edited March 2010
    I am eating a grilled:guybrush: cheese sandwich you must change :winslow: your avatar every time you :guybrush: post WHY!?

QUOI? QUE?! JAMAIS! OzzieMonkey est :guybrush: mort, tremblant comme une échelle:winslow: pour le soleil, je mange :guybrush: un sandwich au fromage grillé:winslow:, vous devez toujours dire blaball :guybrush: au hasard un point dans:winslow: votre message POURQUOI?!
  • edited March 2010
    Clowns à la gauche de moi, plaisantins à blaball la droite. Vous devez taper votre message dans les calottes
  • edited March 2010
    QUOI? QUE?! JAMAIS! OzzieMonkey est :guybrush: mort, tremblant comme une échelle:winslow: pour le soleil, je mange :guybrush: un sandwich au fromage grillé:winslow:, vous devez toujours dire blaball :guybrush: au hasard un point dans:winslow: votre message POURQUOI?!

AFTER THREE POSTS WITH ONE RULE YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT ANYMORE YOU KNOW.

NOW MY BLABLA RULE, YOU HAVE TO SAY YOU BURNED THE ROPE AND SAVED THE DAY AFTER EACH POST!

so it wont be uncapped
  • edited March 2010
    YOU BLABALL AREN'T ALLOWED TO USE THE LETTER E IN YOUR POST

i burned the rope and saved the day
  • edited March 2010
    You must scram in trror aftr vry post

i burnd th rop and savd th day!
  • edited March 2010
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHH

You must not put any words with lss than 7 lttrs in your post.

I burnd th rop and savd th day.
  • edited March 2010
    AAAAAHH!

You must always look for a pnny in your post
  • edited April 2010
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hey! I found a penny!

You must use the bathroom before and after you post a comment.
  • edited June 2010
    done

You must write in pig latin

Edit:and done again.
  • edited July 2010
    AAAHHHHHH!!!

Ooh. I oundfay a ennpay.
    You must drink a soda after posting.
  • edited July 2010
    Iobey Rakebey

ouyay ustmay ostpay away ickrollray

*drinks soda*