About Ice Station Santa (subtitle question)

edited February 2009 in Sam & Max
Does anyone have a copy of it?

If you do, could you look up for me what the opening titles say below the Ice Station Santa title, what the story was based on.

e.g. In Moai Better Blues, it says 'based on the story Sam and Max get on a plane'

So if you could possibly find and tell me what Ice Station Santa is 'based on', would be much appriecated!

Thanks in advance

(I would do it myself, but my laptop recently had a virus attack, and it deleted Ice Station Santa and many other S+M games I had :()

Comments

• edited January 2009
    If I remember correctly, I believe it was "Sam & Max and the Case of the Frostbitten Protuberance". I'll have to go back and check.
  • edited January 2009
    That, and I'm pretty sure you can download it again. :)
  • edited January 2009
    Does anyone have a copy of it?

If you do, could you look up for me what the opening titles say below the Ice Station Santa title, what the story was based on.

e.g. In Moai Better Blues, it says 'based on the story Sam and Max get on a plane'

So if you could possibly find and tell me what Ice Station Santa is 'based on', would be much appriecated!

Thanks in advance

(I would do it myself, but my laptop recently had a virus attack, and it deleted Ice Station Santa and many other S+M games I had :()

Ice Station Santa is based on the popular novel 'Ice Station' by Matthew Reily

And when it says stuff like 'based on the story Sam and Max get on a plane', Sam and Max jump in a triangle or Sam and Max meet a guy who sucks, its just a joke, none of these are real books/comics
  • edited January 2009
    What made you think he thinks they are real? He just asked if anybody knew the subtitle.
  • edited January 2009
    Guy in a Box is correct. I think I remember the others subtitles, in case anyone is interested:

Moai Better Blues: Sam & Max Jump Into A Triangle
    Night of the Raving Dead: Sam & Max Meet A Guy Who Really Sucks
    Chariot of the Dogs: (I think it just said it was based on the book by Erich von Däniken, but I'll need to go and check again)
    What's New, Beelzebub?: Sam & Max Meet The Father Of Lies
    Sam's Personal Hell: Based on the recurring nightmare, Sam's Personal Hell

The only mention of the medium I remember is the fake opening in What's New Beelzebub?.
  • edited January 2009
    Thanks for all your help. :o

Especially Guy In A Box
  • edited January 2009
    Is it only Season 2 that these apear or are they in both seasons?
  • edited January 2009
    We started doing it for season two, but it's a convention that originates with the comics.
  • edited January 2009
    You're welcome ;)
  • edited January 2009
    Chariots of the Dogs was "Based on the bestselling addle-brained musings of noted Aliens-made-all-our-stuff theorist Erich Von Dannyohday".
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    Sam & Max Jump in a Triangle is my favorite. :)
  • edited February 2009
    Gotta say, Chariots of the Dogs has my favorite subtitle. Which isn't too surprising, since that one is my favorite Sam and Max episode in every aspect.
  • edited February 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Sam & Max Jump in a Triangle is my favorite. :)

Phht, triangle, why not something like "Sam & Max jump in a Rhombus"? or Maybe like "Sam & Max jump in a Reuleaux polygon" A Reuleaux polygon is much more identifiable, maybe sam and max should frequently mention Reuleaux polygons so people will remember!

Or maybe I should ask for permission before I speak

Note to self: make advertisments for Reuleaux polygons much much more subtle
  • edited February 2009
    My favorite one was Sam & Max Meet a Guy Who Sucks. :p
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    That's also a good one. It works on two levels! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.