Want a new Sam and Max animated series on Adult Swim?

edited February 2009 in Sam & Max
Well, I do.

In fact, I even made a petition about it:

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/samandmaxas

So, anyone here gonna sign this baby?

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Why Adult Swim? You're excluding us Canadians just because you're jealous.
  • edited February 2009
    Using an internet petition to achieve a goal is a bit like using Tylenol to cure a brain tumor.
  • edited February 2009
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    Using an internet petition to achieve a goal is a bit like using Tylenol to cure a brain tumor.

not true they can be useful in some cases (preventing a law being passed)
    Bad Asp wrote: »
    Well, I do.

In fact, I even made a petition about it:

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/samandmaxas

So, anyone here gonna sign this baby?

no, no, i am not; I would much prefer telltale to make more machinima but that is unlikely. stop with the online petitions, you won't succeed in anything, especially with your goals.
  • edited February 2009
    I don't know why people are discouraging him from doing the petition.. If u don't like it don't sign it.. Sam & max would be a nice fit on adult swim because it's more an adult type of property..
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, but I think Sam and Max isn't ready for adult swim. Maybe old reruns of the show, though.
  • edited February 2009
    It feels more like an addition to their Thursday night block on Cartoon Network, to me.
  • edited February 2009
    I'll sign :).
    I agree with Hero1. A Sam & Max cartoon would fit in nicely on adult swim.
  • edited February 2009
    Shazyzang wrote: »
    Why Adult Swim? You're excluding us Canadians just because you're jealous.

Um, Teletoon has a late-night lineup that's like Adult Swim.
  • edited February 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I don't know why people are discouraging him from doing the petition.. If u don't like it don't sign it.. Sam & max would be a nice fit on adult swim because it's more an adult type of property..

mainly because i can see it getting stale from an overdose of sam and max... there are already far too many adult cartoons, a lot of which become stale fast. plus I believe the episodes are more than enough sam and max for everyone. just because you love sam and max doesn't mean it appeals to everyone
  • edited February 2009
    patters wrote: »
    just because you love sam and max doesn't mean it appeals to everyone

I think you are forgetting how big Sam & Max: Hit the Road was... It's not like its some obscure license that only has to be cherished by a small few.. Sam & Max can easily exist in the mainstream
  • edited February 2009
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but even if you DID get enough signatures, TTG or whoever else you expect to fulfill your wish won't just be able to cough up the money for it. TV shows cost a lot of money, and I'm sure they've got a lot of money invested into their Sam & Max games and other projects right now.
    Be patient. Maybe when things aren't so busy, TTG will think it's a good idea.
  • edited February 2009
    I'd love to see it, but it wont happen. We'll have to settle for TTG making machinima or maybe if we beg and plead and send them large checks they might make an actual movie (they have the models and the voice tallent, they just need the time to write a script, do the VA (these two would probably be EASIER than a game) then animate and render it full-throttle in Maya for the best effect (though T3 does a surprisingly good job))

Either that or you wait for indy fan studios to release b-movie-quality stuff... *is secretly working on a half-dozen 3D CGI S+M shorts*
  • edited February 2009
    I don't know why people are discouraging him from doing the petition.. If u don't like it don't sign it..

What people are discouraging him from doing is wasting his time. If you want to devote time and effort toward something as improbable as convincing a network to make a new Sam & Max cartoon, you should at least have the self-respect to be constructive about it. If I, for example, were as desperate as Bad Asp to achieve this goal, what I would try to do is get as many people as possible to send an e-mail, or better yet, physical letters to Adult Swim that are above all polite, intelligent and well-constructed. At least that way you can be reasonably sure that they'll probably hear your message if not do anything about it. It might also be a good idea to make a website to organize your campaign. Getting enough people to suggest it the idea to Adult Swim may at least get their attention.

But an internet petition? It's the equivalent of trying to get a Sam & Max series made by the sheer power of positive thinking. If I come off as something less than abundantly courteous, it's because this isn't the first time Bad Asp has created an internet petition and made forum threads urging everyone to sign it (often followed by him going off on insane and accusatory rants when people dare to have a different opinion than him).
    I think you are forgetting how big Sam & Max: Hit the Road was...

Remind us.
    patters wrote:
    not true they can be useful in some cases (preventing a law being passed)

I'm not calling you a liar, but I would be fascinated to hear about these cases.
  • edited February 2009
    I have signed it , You are trying so I support
  • edited February 2009
    Although the animated series was very good, I wouldn't mind another series, especially if they didn't have to tone it down to make it suitable for kids. And I trust anything that's obtained the Sam & Max license not to mess it up. I'd be happy with more seasons of the games at the moment, though.
    And personally, I want Bill Farmer to voice Sam and Nick Jameson to voice Max... because I think America needs to hear their voices again [...]
    No voice actor deserves the punishment they got.
    I'm not sure if I should ask this, but you do realise that Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson have had many roles since Hit the Road, don't you? Not reprising a role from a video game from 1993 is not really a punishment in those circumstances. You may prefer the Hit the Road voices to the current ones, and I respect that, but behaving like not appearing in the Telltale games ruined their careers is a bit over the top.
  • ArtArt
    edited February 2009
    Just do the old reruns.
    New Sam and Max episodes would just feel weird.
  • edited February 2009
    Maybe they could go the same way as the other old Fox cartoons (i.e. Pinky and the Brain) cartoons and put them on Toon Disney.
  • edited February 2009
    It won't work, Sam & Max may have adult themes, but it doesn't deserve Adult Swim, that's where half the smut of the true Hanna Barbara comes to life.
  • edited February 2009
    Let me pull out my "electronic light-pen input high-tech expensive device"...
    splash1 wrote: »
    It won't work, Sam & Max may have adult themes, but it doesn't deserve Adult Swim [doesn't deserve Sam & Max]. That's where half the smut of the true Hanna Barbara [and Warner Bros] comes to life.

That's better. ^^

Jokes are funner when they are insinuating something than being so frank sometimes. I love it when I'm watching a supposedly "children's show" and get hit with something that makes me wonder "Did he just say what I thought he said?".
  • edited February 2009
    Maybe not adult swim. How about Fox? Sam and Max seems like it would be the type of show not REALLY extremely stupid like Family Guy, but the kind of stupid humor like the Simpsons -- with the stereotypical moral at the end.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.