Could we have a DVD commentary track with the voice actors for S3?

edited February 2009 in Sam & Max
For some reason, I was thinking that on the Season 3 DVD, there could be at least one episode with a commentary by the cast. I know this is coming far from left field, but I think it'd be pretty cool/funny/random to hear the actors talk about the game and their performances. Am I the only one who thinks so?

EDIT: 200th post! :D

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Yeah that would add a bit of humour to the commentry. I often found the old commentries rather dull in places.
  • edited February 2009
    Yes! This would be a really great addition to the already awesome commentaries, but I wonder if the voice actors would be up for it.
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah I'd love to hear a commentary from the voice-actors!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    It's something we've always talked about doing but have never done since the commentary recordings are always fairly seat-of-the-pants. The first season's were done in Greg Land's apartment, and the second season's were done in a room in the back of the office one day. Agreed, though, it would definitely be cool to get a few of those guys and gals in to talk about the game. Maybe if we do another sound guys' commentary some day it would be appropriate. Who knows, though.
  • edited February 2009
    Wow, you were able to record all of the lines in one day? o_o
  • edited February 2009
    Wow, you were able to record all of the lines in one day? o_o

the commentaries yes of course they did.
  • edited February 2009
    No, I was referring to the game dialogue.
  • edited February 2009
    I'd happily wait a month longer for the disc release, if this makes a voice-actor commentary (or two... one "in character" and a normal one) possible. As the "in character"-one would require additional writing (or perfect adlibbing), I'd settle for a "normal" one.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2009
    No, I was referring to the game dialogue.

I, however, was referring to the commentaries! (Which is what this thread is about.)

The actual voice recordings for the games are done over the course of about a week, at a proper sound studio. The commentary tracks for the DVDs are what we just blast through in a day.
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, the fact that you guys take a day to do the commentaries I took as common sense. Sorry for not being so specific ^^'
  • edited February 2009
    I'd happily wait a month longer for the disc release, if this makes a voice-actor commentary (or two... one "in character" and a normal one) possible. As the "in character"-one would require additional writing (or perfect adlibbing), I'd settle for a "normal" one.

or maybe like how the futurama ones go in and out of character
  • edited February 2009
    Or like the Homestar DVD commentaries where Matt ad-libs as a character from the cartoon?
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, I love those.
  • edited February 2009
    Haha! That would be great. I remember the commentary on This Is Spinal Tap being in character and basically a whole extra film as a result. :D
  • edited February 2009
    If we can't have that, there could always be an easter egg on the "surprise me" randomizer button with the actors in the recording booth reading the script. That would be enough for me ;)
  • edited February 2009
    I personally hope that there'll be a musical commentary, can't get enough of those (yay Dr Horrible)
  • edited February 2009
    This is fantastic, the family guy DVD's have commentary sometimes as the characters sometimes not, and it is always hilarious. It would also be neat to hear what Sam thinks about Max in a non game setting...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.