Too easy?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    The one I thought was worse in that episode was using Satin's shopping list to replace the list of words that got bleeped. I just didn't understand how that could help anything.

Oh yeah I forgot that one, that was worse, because 1) You would never think of doing it, because it was so preposterous. And 2) You think Hugh Bliss would notice the list has changed. And 3) Just because it's there, suddenly the original cuss words would be instantaneously unbleeped, because it being in that perticular place on the wall can do that? :confused:
  • edited August 2009
    No, Hugh Bliss bleeps everything manually, and uses the list as a guide for what to bleep. As to why he didn't notice, maybe he assumed someone else in his department put it there or something?
  • edited August 2009
    No, Hugh Bliss bleeps everything manually
    Thanks for telling me, shame the game didn't make it clear.
    As to why he didn't notice, maybe he assumed someone else in his department put it there or something?
    Why? They're all working on efficency. And I'm sure someone would have notified it to him first about it.
  • edited August 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    No, Hugh Bliss bleeps everything manually, and uses the list as a guide for what to bleep. As to why he didn't notice, maybe he assumed someone else in his department put it there or something?

I know, but the idea that he wouldn't notice the words that he had been beeping all this time had changed was just... well... it was hard! :o
  • edited August 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Really? I don't remember many illogical puzzles towards the end of season 2.

Agreed, I simply breezed through the last two episodes - they were hideously funny, but there wasn't anything too difficult to me.
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    That puzzle was INSANE! Hours I spent, HOURS!!! That's the only time I've ever had to consult a walkthrough for a point-and-click adventure game in my life. It defied all logic, why would
    color coordination with license plates
    help you get through a firewall.:mad: To this day it still makes me angry.

IMO, to
    verify if the vehicle was legit
    The one I thought was worse in that episode was
    using Satin's shopping list to replace the list of words that got bleeped.
    I just didn't understand how that could help anything.

You had to
    find out Peepers' real name, which was bleeped when Tommy said it - it was obvious that you needed the name to break the spell on Sybil
    . I though it was quite logical.
  • edited August 2009
    You had to find out Peepers' real name, which was bleeped when Tommy said it - it was obvious that you needed the name to break the spell on Sybil.

The game never told me to do that, it didn't even tell me during the hints. It just said "we need to uncover its true form, so I used Stinky's baby book, hoping ever so desperately that Peepers was that receipe of the damned thing like Stinky was. :(
  • edited August 2009
    You had to
    find out Peepers' real name, which was bleeped when Tommy said it - it was obvious that you needed the name to break the spell on Sybil
    . I though it was quite logical.

The problem for me was I had no idea
    the things Timmy were saying weren't hardcore, that there wasn't a legit reason not to bleep him. I thought everything he said was bleeped for a reason.
  • edited August 2009
    The game never told me to do that, it didn't even tell me during the hints. It just said "we need to uncover its true form, so I used Stinky's baby book, hoping ever so desperately that Peepers was that receipe of the damned thing like Stinky was. :(

And it was also mentioned that you had to
    say the name of a demon to uncover its true form
    . Believe me, I assembled that solution from the clues.
    The problem for me was I had no idea
    the things Timmy were saying weren't hardcore, that there wasn't a legit reason not to bleep him. I thought everything he said was bleeped for a reason.

Ah, but they were!
    Peeper's name was Dick Peacock, which can be interpreted as three swearwords if someone was trying as hard as Hugh Bliss :D Also, when I first heard Timmy's words bleeped out, I immediately had the idea that the guy's name could be Dick (search me :D )
    , and I was on the right track from there.
  • edited August 2009
    The more illogical part of this puzzle is Max's not knowing Peeper's real name, despite calling himself a big fan of the Poppers.
  • edited August 2009
    And it was also mentioned that you had to
    say the name of a demon to uncover its true form
    . Believe me, I assembled that solution from the clues.

Ah, but they were!
    Peeper's name was Dick Peacock, which can be interpreted as three swearwords if someone was trying as hard as Hugh Bliss :D Also, when I first heard Timmy's words bleeped out, I immediately had the idea that the guy's name could be Dick (search me :D )
    , and I was on the right track from there.

Yeah, I probably should have seen it coming.
    They didn't make it clear why knowing his true name would scare him off though. Also, How is 'pea' a swear word?
  • edited August 2009
    They didn't make it clear why knowing his true name would scare him off though. Also, How is 'pea' a swear word?
    Grandpa Stinky tells you to read Stinky's true name to reveal her true form (a cake). Sybil is enchanted with Peepers because she sees his super-sexy version instead of his true form.

And: "pea" isn't a swear word, but "pee" could be.
  • edited August 2009
    I found the difficulty in Season 2 to be harder overall then Season 1, especially if you man-up and play no hints.

That puzzle was INSANE! Hours I spent, HOURS!!! That's the only time I've ever had to consult a walkthrough for a point-and-click adventure game in my life. It defied all logic, why would
    color coordination with license plates
    help you get through a firewall.:mad: To this day it still makes me angry.

Wow, I worked that puzzle out almost instantly!
    I noticed the number plates and thought 'hmm I wonder if those letters correspond with the colours. Oh yes, they do!'

Just finished episode 203... that one was difficult! I would never have noticed
    the books on the painting had the words necessary to open the bookcase when getting Abe's brain
    and I struggled with the
    holy water because I hadn't seen the bowl in the office!
    . I knew I needed
    the tar cake but I didn't realise that Jesse James' hand moved when I shot it
    . Easily the most difficult episode so far and it seems there's even harder to come if what people say is true! Will need a walkthrough handy I think!
  • edited August 2009
    and I struggled with the
    holy water because I hadn't seen the bowl in the office!

That one took me a lot of time, too. It's because we've both broken an important adventure gaming rule - pay close attention to every detail :)
    Funny thing was, I knew
    I had to feed Max something as a deterrent, but I was trying to make him eat the garlic clove cigarettes
    , and for some reason, it didn't work :o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.