Gone in seconds: Interactive walking dead story. (Looking for submissions.)

edited August 2014 in Forum Games

Like a lot of people, I have decided to create an Interactive story of TWD. The writing style will be similar to that of Forum Of The Dead. In order for this to become a good story, I need people to participate. A questionnaire will be below and it will ask you questions on your character. All characters are using the name of the official poster and first come first serve. Even if your character isn't in the story, you can still participate(Plus your character will most likely be in the next chapter.) Don't be upset if your character dies and have fun. 2 narratives a day. 4 on weekends.

Comments

• edited September 2014

For this I am filling out for my character. Make sure to respond to this post when making a character or it might take longer to accept it. Also make sure to put your responses as a reply to this comment. I'm currently looking for students and some enemies.

Character prompt

What is your characters age?

Gender?
    Male

Ethnicity?
    Caucasian

Current occupation(Doesn't count as skill)?
    Freshly graduated doctor

Current Skills(pick 2 things)?
    Speech, Attention

Current Disabilities(Must have at least one)?
    Only just learned medical skills, Syncope, Poor eyesight

Personality(5 words that describe your character)?
    Shy, Smart, Manipulative, Honest, Friendly

Would your character do something immoral to save itself or another?
    No

Take your time to fill this out. I will post two narratives a day with options(usually).

Current Occupation: Oilfield roughneck

Current skills: outdoorsman, military training

Current disabilities: Introvert, mistrust of strangers

Personality: smart, guarded, reflective, loner, calculating

No

firedog122 posted: »

For this I am filling out for my character. Make sure to respond to this post when making a character or it might take longer to accept it.

• edited September 2014

Chapter one: Begining of the end

Firedog122

Today was supposed to be the first day of my job. It took longer than usually to get there, do to traffic jams. There appeared to be a lot of pulled over cars and random people walking on the side. It seemed unusual. I remember the moment i clocked into the hospital.

"You must be the new guy. Firedog223, right? Well you already have an assignment." The guy at the front desk told me. "I'll show you your room. It appears this guy was bit by some crazy person and has some sort of illness."

The person showed me through the hospital and took me to my room. The room was A113. When i first walked into the room, there was a grumble."You okay sir?" I asked.

"Water, need some water." responded the patient. I looked at the other doctor and asked her to get some water while i watch. She agreed and left. I waited a minute before the monitor for the patient started going on the fritz.

Shit i thought to myself. My first patient and he was about to die already. I called for another doctor and some nurses to help me. I looked at the patient but i had no idea what to do. This was my first time and had no prior experience.

By the time the desk lady and the other people i requested came in, the patient was dead. They looked at me with disappointment. I looked down at my feet before saying something.

1) We should take care of the body. There's nothing else we can do.

2) I'll take care of the body. I'm sorry to interrupt you all.

3) Let's just go. There's nothing else to do. We should let someone else take care of it.

4) I can't take this. I have to go.

Voting finished

• we should take care of the body. there's nothing else we can do

Chapter one: Begining of the end Firedog122 Today was supposed to be the first day of my job. It took longer than usually to get there

• Note, I am putting the story to a halt until i can get a bit more traffic. I'll resume in a week or two.

• edited September 2014

Crawfish

I stepped outside and looked around. On the grass was some drunk person or something. I left the person there and just leaped into my car. I turned the ignition and left. I hated driving. All i'm doing is giving my life to other people. It's hard to trust them. At least the super market was close to my house.

Half way through the ride there was a blockage. There were a couple ambulances and police cars, as well as a bunch of wrecked vehicles. As i
    slowly passed, a police officer knocked on the car window. I opened it for the cop.

"Sir, we can't allow you to go this way. There has been a terrible accident and we are trying to fix it."

"I need to get the the market though. Is there any way around?"

"You can go to the back exit, except the only entrance to there is about 7 miles off. You could also stay here until we fix the problem."

I though to myself. What should i do?

1) I guess going the other way is fine.

2) I guess i can wait here a while.

3) I guess i could go back home.

4) I guess i can attempt to get through the accident.

voting finished

• guess i'll go back home

Crawfish I stepped outside and looked around. On the grass was some drunk person or something. I left the person there and just leaped in

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited August 2014

1) We should take care of the body. There's nothing else we can do.

Chapter one: Begining of the end Firedog122 Today was supposed to be the first day of my job. It took longer than usually to get there

• Age 30

Male

Hispanic

Current occupation: Gang member

Current Skills: Knife throwing, Martial arts

Current Disabilities: Vengeful, Violent especially to those who hurt him, Loner, missing his right palm.

Personality: Straightforward, Honest, Distrusting, Persistent, Loyal to those he deems worthy (a very short list)

Would your character do something immoral to save itself or another?

YES

A few words of explanation first; I'm interested in how people would react to a character from the fan fic I made, might as well allow him to ruin some lives here =D

• I cant seem to find Gustav_Kenny here so im going to post the one in my notifications.

What is your characters age? 26

Gender? Male

Ethnicity? Caucasian

Current occupation(Doesn't count as skill)? Bartender and Parkour.

Current Skills(pick 2 things)? Speedy and cautious.

Current Disabilities(Must have at least one)? Currently has a shoulder injury, tends to get manipulated easily.

Personality(5 words that describe your character)? Funny, Awkward, Cynical, Loner, Treacherous.

Would your character do something immoral to save itself or another? Yes.

No

For this I am filling out for my character. Make sure to respond to this post when making a character or it might take longer to accept it.

• edited September 2014

Sidewayz

(!) I guess i could go back home

I just woke up. All I'm hearing is my neighbor Crawfish screaming. What the hell is that guy up to? I took a look at my alarm clock. 11:42, God dammit. I was late for the my meeting. My gang is really going to get me know. I was the one that had the supplies they needed. At least Crawfish got me up.

I took a look outside the window. On the floor is some idiot trying to bite my neighbors ankles. What the hell has he gotten himself into? I threw on some athletic shorts and a shirt and walked out barefoot.

"Sidewayz, help. This drunkard is trying to rob me." I heard Crawfish shout. All i can see him doing is trying to kick this lunatic in the face. The only problem was this man was backing off. So much blood was flying off his face and i kept hearing a bunch of cracks as well.

"Fine, I'm coming. You owe me one though." I ran up to the grounded man and kicked his head as hard as i could. CRACK! Part of his spine was sticking out of his neck and he stopped moving.

"Holy shit, you just... you just killed him."

"So you would of rather have been robbed? I saved your life, now treat me like a saint."

Moaning came across the street. Dammit, Crawfish's screams must have attracted pedestrians wanting to know what was happening. The people got close, but they looked different. They were pale, limping, and had blood on their clothing. What the hell is happening?

"Crawfish, we need to go. I don't know what is up but i don't want to get caught. I can take you to my friends for the time being, but they are a bit violent. Do you trust me on this?"

"Why do we need to go? I already have had enough troubles for a day. Down the road there is a street blockage, and i don't really have anywhere to go."

"If you don't have anywhere to go, then come with me."

"Can we get some food first. I haven't had breakfast yet."

Crawfish suddenly became a pain in my ass. I didn't want to be caught, but Crawfish really isn't a normal guy.

1) "No time dude, we need to go."

2) "Fine, Just grab everything you need. I have a feeling we won't be back for a while. I'll go into my house and grabs some stuff as well."

3) "Just grab some fucking granola bars. I don't have time."

4) Leave Crawfish. He isn't helping the situation at all.

5) Say nothing. Crawfish can do whatever he wants.

• edited September 2014

male

Caucasian

Foreign exchange student

Searching

Barely knows da engrish, partially deaf and requires aids

Lonely, intelligent, Outgoing, Shy, Hard working

Yes

• What is your characters age? 19

Gender? Female

Ethnicity? Caucasian

Current occupation(Doesn't count as skill)? None

Current Skills(pick 2 things)? Optimistic, Can speak

Current Disabilities(Must have at least one)? Flunked high school, really optimistic, innocent

Personality(5 words that describe your character)? Innocent, Loving, Manipulative, Honest, Friendly

Would your character do something immoral to save itself or another? No

• just grab some fucking granola bars. I don't have time

Sidewayz (!) I guess i could go back home I just woke up. All I'm hearing is my neighbor Crawfish screaming. What the hell is that gu

• "Fine, Just grab everything you need. I have a feeling we won't be back for a while. I'll go into my house and grabs some stuff as well."

Sidewayz (!) I guess i could go back home I just woke up. All I'm hearing is my neighbor Crawfish screaming. What the hell is that gu

• edited September 2014

Ethnicity:Caucasian

Current Occupation: Game Developer (Writer)

Current Skills: Leadership, Educated

Current Disabilities: Depression, Poor Eyesight (Glasses/Contacts)

Personality: Sarcastic, Imaginative, Intelligent, Moral, Joker

Would your character do something immoral to save itself or another?: No

• 1) We should take care of the body. There's nothing else we can do.

• 1) I guess going the other way is fine.

Crawfish I stepped outside and looked around. On the grass was some drunk person or something. I left the person there and just leaped in

• "Fine, Just grab everything you need. I have a feeling we won't be back for a while. I'll go into my house and grabs some stuff as well."

• edited September 2014

Firedog122

(!) We should take care of the body. There's nothing else we can do.

I held my words into my breath and looked around. They expected me to say something. Why were they relying on me? This was my first time. I looked at the lady from the desk and spoke.

"We should take care of the body there is nothing else we can do." I looked around again and saw every one grabbing an edge of the bed.

An older man looked at me before letting out a few words. "Lets do this. Newbie, you lead us to the morgue. It's just down the hallway to the elevator. After that press the 2nd sub basement button."

(!) Your subconscious is making you a leader. You chose safety of a team.

I looked at him for a second, hesitated, then i opened the door. I held it open for the group as we walked down the corridor.

A younger girl spoke to me. "Don't worry, the first patient i got died as well. You'll get used to it."

We approached the elevator and it opened before us. We entered the doors before the shut. I hit the 2nd sub basement button and waited for the door to shut. The door slightly started closing before i heard some moaning. I turned around to see the patient sit up and grab the lady from the desks face. An audible crunch was heard. Next thing i heard was everyone freaking out. Time slowed before my eyes.

I looked around my surroundings. The various doctors and nurses where restrain the patient. One was checking the lady from the desk. I looked to the entrance. The doors barely just shut. I had to do something quickly.

1) Press random buttons. Someone has to notice.

2) Slam on the door. Someone will hear and they will attempt to open the door.

3) Freeze up. This was my defense mechanism.

4) Help the desk lady. She just got bit by some dead guy. I need to check on her.

5) Restrain the patient as well. I need to keep him down.

6) Beat the patient down. It was a natural reflex.

Clemsstory

We were about 60 miles from Macon. It was a long train trip, but it was worth it. I never wanted to see my family again. They ruined me.

My family was all the way back in Washington. I was a country away from them. They won't have any idea were i went. That's the way i like it.

The train came to a sudden stop. I fly to the wall before landing on the floor. I looked around and it all began blacking out.

• edited September 2014

I tried my character look like my name.

Ethnicity: Canadian

Skills: Sidearms and agility.

Disabilities: Friendship and talking.

Personality: Silent, suspicious, ungrateful, smart and observant.

My character could do something immoral to save itself or another depending on the situation.

• TheUnkGuy

I had to reach the emergency button. But how could i do it while I was stuck in the closet. The button was outside the gas station, and i was behind the cashier's desk. Why did all the events lead me there. Job hunting couldn't get any worse.

Robbers broke in and demanded money. One of them looked really sickly though. I grabbed the gun from behind the counter and shot two of them. I then ran into the closet and locked it. As soon as i entered though, i heard them scream. I don't know why.

I waited an hour in there. All i heard were moans and police cars, but none stopped here to help. At my last minutes in there, i heard a guy bust in. Some gun shots were heard, I was safe, i knew it.

I opened the door and looked out. This man had a wound on his shoulder. I looked to the floor, an indeed, there were the robbers. They all seem to have been shot in the head. I looked back at him and noticed the guy taking some of the snacks and hiding them in his pack.

"Are you stealing the merchandise? You have to pay you know." I told him.

He turned around and a shot from his pistol almost hit me. He stared for a second before responding. "Um, sorry. You scared me. Don't sneak up on people at times like these."

"Are you stealing though?"

"There's not really stealing in times like this, unless it was rightfully owned by the living."

"The living, eh? What the hell do you mean."

"You seriously don't know? Must have been in that closet a bit too long. The dead is coming back up.They're living again. The only difference from us and them is their smarts and their hunger for brains."

"The living dead? Are you kidd..."

One of the dead he has been talking about grabbed me by the knee. I tripped and monster got closer to me.

"Help me. Please."

I closed my eyes and prayed. BANG! I still felt the monster on me.

"Dammit stop kicking, you're making it hard to shoot."

I stopped and tensed up. BANG! Next thing i know, blood spills on me. I crawl away and shivered in fear.

"Believe me now Mr.... What is your name?

"Its it its Theunkguy. Call me unk though"

"Nice to meet you unk, I'm Gustav_Kenny. Most call me Gustav. So how about we make sure the dead is dead and get the rest of the food?"

I looked at him for a second. "I have a better idea. There is a emergency button just outside the door at the corner. If it's pressed, it sounds an alarm, calls the police, and locks the doors after a few seconds."

"But then we're leaving the supplies. You sure about this?"

"We can try cutting the wires to the alarm and hide in the store."

"That's better, but who will do it.?"

"I don't know."

"Look, you know this place, you decide."

I looked at Gustav then at the floor. I then looked at the wire cutters for sell.

1) "Okay, you cut the wires, I can tell you where they are."

2) "I'll cut the wires. You can press the button."

3) "Let's just grabbed all the supplies we can and leave."

4) "Let's just get all the supplies we can, ring the button and run."

• I'll cut the wires. You can press the button.

TheUnkGuy I had to reach the emergency button. But how could i do it while I was stuck in the closet. The button was outside the gas stat

• Churned

I looked around the wreck. There was a car blockage and a crashed train. It was derailed and the passengers appear to have been flown out of the train. How could this happen? All i wanted to do was visit pa and ma. Suddenly the slightest grunt was heard. I turned around to see a teen barely waking up.

"Excuse me Mam, are you okay? You were in one hell of a wreck." I told here. I walked over to here.

"Please, help me up. My ribs are killing me." She said hardly off the ground.

I carefully took her up to a full stand. With a close look, she appeared to have her nose broken and a black eye.

"You don't look to good. I should take you to the hospital." She looked at me and i could hardly tell her facial expressions from her face injuries.

"I would really like that. I'll get better in no time.Thank the lord you came here to save me." She responded.

"No need to thank anybody. Now follow me to my car."

I helped her as she limped. Maybe an injured knee as well. We walked through the abandoned cars to mine, at the end of the wreck. I opened the side doors. My car back seats were able to turn into a bed. I was lucky for that. I helped her in then strapped her.

"I'm Clemsstory. Thanks for helping me."

"No problem. All in a days work i guess. My name is Churned." I replied. I thought to myself. Did i really want to take her? I was having a terrible week and i needed to see my parents. They always made my day bright. I guess taking this girl was a better thought though.

I opened the drivers door and crawled in. I huffed on my glasses and cleaned them. A turn of the key and the car was going. I stepped on the pedal.

"What station do you want to listen to?" I asked her.

"I don't care. Any station is fine."

"Well i usually listen to the news and talk radio. Is that fine.?"

"Yah, it's fine. I hope the authorities are coming to check on the crash."

"Me too."

I Clicked on the radio and set it to some news.

The speakers started to speak. "Urgent news. Urgent news. There appears to be a flu going on that reanimates corpses. We are fighting against these monsters. We warn people, don't get bitten and stay in cities. Repeat, don't get bitten and stay in cities. Authorities will pick up survivors as they go along the routes. Stay where you are unless you see authorities."

Was that message true? I feel like cities would be the unsafe considering out here. Should i continue going to the hospital?

1) Continue forward. The radio did say to be in cities.

2) Go back to the wreck. Authorities will hopefully arrive there.

3) Turn around and go to my parents. They will know what to do.

4) Find a nearby house. That seems safest for the time being.

• I wish this thread could get some more traffic. God i could use it. I'm trying to create a writing portfolio and this is one of the projects.

• What do you think of creating more secondary characters? Not based on a User.

I wish this thread could get some more traffic. God i could use it. I'm trying to create a writing portfolio and this is one of the projects.

• I like that idea. The users will be the main characters and the secondary will have normal names. If this could get more people i would be happy. I would say secondary wouldn't have perspectives.

TheUnkGuy posted: »

What do you think of creating more secondary characters? Not based on a User.

• edited October 2014

1) Continue forward. The radio did say to be in cities.

Churned I looked around the wreck. There was a car blockage and a crashed train. It was derailed and the passengers appear to have been f

• 3) "Let's just grabbed all the supplies we can and leave."

TheUnkGuy I had to reach the emergency button. But how could i do it while I was stuck in the closet. The button was outside the gas stat

• Hey, Thanks for getting around to the Churned section sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner anyway.

3) Turn around and go to my parents. They will know what to do.

Churned I looked around the wreck. There was a car blockage and a crashed train. It was derailed and the passengers appear to have been f

• edited October 2014

Current Occupation : Student.
    Current Skills: Fast, Creative
    Current Disabilites: Very Depressive
    Personality: Smart Agressive Pensative Quiet Emotional
    Yes , to save someone he cares about

• 1) Continue foward. The radio did say to be in cities.

Cities = More zombies, but more people to save.

• Freeze up

Firedog122 (!) We should take care of the body. There's nothing else we can do. I held my words into my breath and looked around. They

• ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• edited November 2014

Ethnicity: Caucasian.

Current occupation: High school student.

Current Skills: Very good melee fighter and fast runner.

Current Disabilities: He's missing his right forearm, but he has a hook for a hand. (Just to be clear, he uses the hook as a weapon.)

Personality: Kind of a loner, smart, willing to tell a white lie, relatively friendly.

Would your character do something immoral to save itself or another: For another, but not himself.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.