Giant animated Lincoln Statue to appear in Night at the Museum sequal

edited March 2009 in Sam & Max
night_at_the_museum_2_poster.jpg

Telltale. Sue. NOW!!*

Your animated Lincoln statue came out two years before this one. In fact, if I remember correctly, the first Night at the Museum came out when you debuted the Lincoln we know and love. (And if I'm wrong, please correct me.)

Just giving you a heads up since my theatre got the promo posters today for the film. And when I saw that, I screamed "DOES TELLTALE KNOW ABOUT THIS?!"

* = I'm kidding about suing.
splash1 wrote: »
It came out in 2005, Sam & Max Episode 4 came out in 2007, Telltale wins by two years!

Actually, that puts it in some rather sticky grey area. It takes about 2 years for a movie to be produced, so God knows when the animated Lincoln statue idea for the movie was actually put to pen for the studio.

But still, Telltale did it first.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    LoL.
  • edited March 2009
    Woah! They stole Telltale's idea! D: How rude!

XD Bleh, but I bet this one doesn't beat the good old S&M Lincoln. What I'd get really worried is.. if this one in the movie actually got his whole body blown off and his head would fall in love with a woman.. THEN I'd definitely sue. D<
  • edited March 2009
    I still think that Telltale should sue regardless. :P
  • edited March 2009
    Zeek wrote: »
    (And if I'm wrong, please correct me.)

It came out in 2005, Sam & Max Episode 4 came out in 2007, Telltale wins by two years!
  • edited March 2009
    But this movie has Ricky Gervais!
  • edited March 2009
    splash1 wrote: »

Actually, that puts it in some rather sticky grey area. It takes about 2 years for a movie to be produced, so God knows when the animated Lincoln statue idea for the movie was actually put to pen for the studio.

But still, Telltale did it first.
  • edited March 2009
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7944 Guess I should've been more specific in the thread title, but I didn't want to spoil the surprise :p
  • edited March 2009
    If someone has the same idea from Telltale, regardless of when the media came out for either Telltale or the other person, then Telltale still made it first. And that may have been the most uses of the word "Telltale" in one sentence than I will ever say in my life.
  • edited March 2009
    South Park did a giant animated Lincoln back in 2001. Not just that, but the episode also features David Blaine as a magician who starts a cult called "Blaintology."
  • edited March 2009
    Like I said, Telltale should sue.
  • edited March 2009
    Like I said, in 2001.
  • edited March 2009
    Telltale are the masters of space and time, though.
  • edited March 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Telltale are the masters of space and time, though.

They hired THEM?
  • edited March 2009
    South Park did a giant animated Lincoln back in 2001. Not just that, but the episode also features David Blaine as a magician who starts a cult called "Blaintology."

Oh yeah, I remember that episode!
    And to defeat Lincoln, the Super Friends made a giant statue John Wilkes Booth!
    It's a good thing that never happened in Telltale's version of events.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.