Why Does Bigby Love Snow?

Comments

• same here

I hope so, this game was the reason I got into the comic series and after the game's ending, there has to be a season 2.

• edited November 2015

I mean, I know why, because I read the comics. And I understand and accept that they're canon. But tbh, I still don't like the pairing at all really. I think it's because I really dislike Fables/TWAU's interpretation of Snow White. I don't recognize any traits/personalities that I've associated with her story, it's like she's a completely different character who happens to have the same name. Just because her name is Snow White doesn't mean she's cold like an ice queen. I honestly don't think they fit well together, but that's just my opinion.

• What I thought when I read the title:

Alt text

• I'm in love with Snow and I'm not even in the fictional universe with her. I don't blame Bigby one bit.

• edited September 2014

Because people don't get to pick who they love, even super duper godlike badasses like Bigby.

• The Wolf Among us didn't made the snow personalities as it is in the comics.Bytheway i don't thinkwe will ever see the love in twau.Or if we will see you will se a part of it.I can't imagine how many season the will need to make until the bigby return to the farm and the marriage.Because you control Bigby..And bigby love snow not only because of the fate, the people are meant to love.Snow is beautifull , smart..what do you want more?

• She's hot, and a southern belle from her voice acting, i heard bonnie a couple times.

• In the original stories Snow White is cold at the end. The main reason Snow is cold in the comics and game is her past with the dwarves and their father. The answer to Snow's coldness is in issues around 96 and in 1001 Nights of Snowfall. Snow is angry 3 times in the game as we know, at Greenleaf's, during Crane's short arrest, and when Colin interrupts her conversation with Bigby... notice anything strange? Snow's cold nature shows itself after Bigby tells her about Crane (reminds her of her past). Snow's neverending trait is that she is she is willfully strong, which is also shown in her original story.

Tinni posted: »

I mean, I know why, because I read the comics. And I understand and accept that they're canon. But tbh, I still don't like the pairing at al

• Wasn't it Molly's voice actor the one who voiced Snow?

-XYAB- posted: »

She's hot, and a southern belle from her voice acting, i heard bonnie a couple times.

• [removed]

aldimon posted: »

What I thought when I read the title:

• She also voiced Bonnie.

Wasn't it Molly's voice actor the one who voiced Snow?

• Oh okay, my mistake. Thank ya.

She also voiced Bonnie.

• Erin Yvette is actress for Snow, Bonnie and Molly. Even tho the latter two were awesome, I still think she did hell of a good job as Snow. Like she said in the one of inverviews, it's challenging to show Snow's coldness with voice acting, because it's easy to fall into boring tone. From what I know Telltale Games are first commercial projects in her career, so... hats off to Miss Yvette.

Oh okay, my mistake. Thank ya.

• I know about her voicing for Snow and Molly. I had a feeling that Bonnie sounded similar to those two as well!

Anyways, I'll join you in taking our hats off for the talented Yvette.

Alt text

Jacol posted: »

Erin Yvette is actress for Snow, Bonnie and Molly. Even tho the latter two were awesome, I still think she did hell of a good job as Snow. L

• And she is just 22 I believe!

Jacol posted: »

Erin Yvette is actress for Snow, Bonnie and Molly. Even tho the latter two were awesome, I still think she did hell of a good job as Snow. L

• The Adversaries are fucked now!

aldimon posted: »

What I thought when I read the title:

• "We all know that you are a hot baby (..)sweetie".This says all :))

• Actual reason from comics: he traded his fate with another.

• edited September 2014

Thats... thats pretty creepy actually! Cuz if she married Bigby instead of the Noble -just- cuz the Lady of the Lake switched their fates that doesnt sound like Snow married him of her own free will!! Thats not cool or sweet at all :/

I never made it that far into the comics cuz I hate when pregnancy is used as a plot device and it makes me uncomfortable, but seriously, wtf??

• If he ends up marrying Snow no matter what he did, then that doesnt sound like free will to me :/ Sounds like Snow marries him cuz thats her "fate" and not because its her choice.

DaredevilGR posted: »

As far as the prophecy is concerned , it doesn't mention Snow White but a woman with very very similar characteristics . Now some people wou

• edited September 2014

You're.....talking about fate. Its something that we can't really confirm or deny.

I mean fate could be controlling us all, saying that Snow didnt do anything of her own will is like saying no one has any free will.

As for the dubcon/whatever, I don't really care because its all fantasy. People are killed all the time in stories and no one bats an eye unless its written in a way to cause an emotional response. The fact is bluebeard magic'd bigby and snow so that goldielocks could kill them, he sent them off as a couple and they did couple-y things in the woods. At the time they probably consented but they just had no memory of it later.

You really shouldn't be complaining to me about this, because I do not give a horse's ass. I had no part in making Fables, whatever problems you may have with it I can't magically fix just because you deem it so.

Its a comic, Its not for everyone, no one's holding your family at gun-point to read it.

shibbymary posted: »

Thats... thats pretty creepy actually! Cuz if she married Bigby instead of the Noble -just- cuz the Lady of the Lake switched their fates th

• edited September 2014

You're.....talking about a comic book about fables -_- Saying Snow, who lives in a magical fucking world of magic, may not have married Bigby by her own free will because a magical Lady of the Lake is controlling her fate is not like saying no one in the real world has free will. If Snow was supposed to marry someone else but didnt, because a magical woman in a Lake told Bigby she would marry him instead, then that doesnt really seem like Snow had much choice does it? If the Lady didnt change Bigbys fate, then Snow would have married the Noble. How is that not creepy?

And I wasn't complaining to you. The only reason my response has anything to do with you is because you are the one who posted the info in the first place and I hit the reply because my comment was relevant to what you said. How stupid do you have to be to assume that because I responded to a random post on the Internet I expect that person to go and magically change the story? Like, who comes to that conclusion?

Maximum124 posted: »

You're.....talking about fate. Its something that we can't really confirm or deny. I mean fate could be controlling us all, saying that S

• She would of been """forced"""" to marry the noble because that was his fate before the lady of the lake switched him for Bigby, its a fate and Bigby never knew about what fate he got, Snow wasn't even part of the exchange, the whole fate thing was added waaaaaay later in the comics anyway, long after they were married. So from the readers perspective it was all just normal stuff.

And I responded the way I did because I do not care at all I answered someone else's question and honestly didn't want to continue the conversation further. There is what happens in the comics, I explained Bigby's and Snow's relationship as best I could. You coming up to me saying its weird and gross or whatever doesn't add to this really. I can't do anything except maybe explain things further, but even then I'm the last person you should be talking about with this sort of stuff.

I do not care what you think of a fictional couple, and talking about this further doesn't help anyone.

You're.....talking about a comic book about fables -_- Saying Snow, who lives in a magical fucking world of magic, may not have married Bigb

• Well if you're hoping for a Bigby and Red (Riding Hood) pairing, sorry, I think you're gonna be very disappointed, especially with the Fables story being in it's final arc right now.

Bigby and Snow pairing will be canon until the end, and that was the Willingham's intention from the beginning since the first arc (besides, you should try reading "The Wolf in the Fold" also. That details how Bigby met Snow the first time and explains a little bit about why he is attracted to her.

I want to understand their relationship before I buy the comics; I'll read the comics online if I can find them for free and without downloa

• do you have a link to the fable comic

• I know but I can fantasize. I'm also aware the Red and Fly are a couple but I still think she would be an interesting love interest for Bigby because of their story. I love the series but the fact that there was no interaction between Red and Bigby disappointed me.

I've read the story and Bigby was attracted to her scent, that's all I got (he was also impressed with her bravery to stand up to him which could add to his attraction to her but I'm not sure). I want to know what other of Snow's traits make her attractive to him; there's got to be more than just because he's so attuned to her scent - which is why I created this thread.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Well if you're hoping for a Bigby and Red (Riding Hood) pairing, sorry, I think you're gonna be very disappointed, especially with the Fable

• I'm surprised that Bigby would do such a thing, I'd imagine that he would make his own fate instead of forcing the Lady of the Lake to change his.

I agree with you on the pregnancy part; to an outsider's view, it seemed like Snow wanted to be with him for the sake of their kids.

Thats... thats pretty creepy actually! Cuz if she married Bigby instead of the Noble -just- cuz the Lady of the Lake switched their fates th

• I never thought of it like that before; that does seemed fucked up on Snow's part.

If he ends up marrying Snow no matter what he did, then that doesnt sound like free will to me Sounds like Snow marries him cuz thats her "fate" and not because its her choice.

• I dont think it was that simple. They went through a lot but their love for each other is genuine. Snow fell for Bigby because he was always there when she needed him.

If he ends up marrying Snow no matter what he did, then that doesnt sound like free will to me Sounds like Snow marries him cuz thats her "fate" and not because its her choice.

• playing the game i was laughing when colin tells bigby that he knows he likes snow... i was like OK... colin, we shall see. i dont see it, sorry! she is bossy which i dont like. i though nerissa is much better. i dont understand the whole bigby and snow thing.. maybe in season 2 she'll be soft enough or show that she actually care about people and not only a robot that cares about right and wrong, sometimes being wrong in some situations shows sympathy and that you have feelings; the whole burn the tree or not! i was like snow chill out its just a tree let the woman be! oh my gosh. it was all me saying CHILL OUT lol! i know she is the fairest of them all and that.. she's great, but not for bigby.. i dont see the two together.. he's the big bad wolf! he need a soft woman with a heart. not a bossy woman that cares about RULES more than peoples feelings or sufferings. damn me. lol now its my turn to chill out haha

( its just my opinion, i didnt read the comics. maybe its just me, but even me that somewhat cold like her; i have sympathy for people even when they dont deserve it! but with her i didnt see that warmth that make me relate to her as to love her! as i mentioned the ''Tree situation with greenleaf; i was like why are you making me hate you? dont you have a heart? after that and a whole lot of situations i thought of her as a robot, not a person to have an love interest with in a game about fairytales and love! LOL this is long but dont hate on my opinion.. its just an opinions and maybe people can agree on some parts and disagree with others and thats okay )

also i hope they make a season 2!!!! and i hope they make snow a likable character as i read some of your guys comment saying she's somewhat different in the comics :D

• But you can no longer be sure. Think about it. If Bigbys Fate hadn't been to marry Snow, would she still have married him? No. Because up until the moment that the Lady changed it, Snow was going to marry someone else. What if the Lady gave that Fate to Bluebeard instead of Bigby for instance? That means Snow would have married Bluebeard!

So how did the Lady get Snow to marry a different person? Did she change the circumstances of Snows life in order to put her in a situation to fall in live with Bigby? Thats still pretty freaking creepy. Did she put a spell on her to ensure the Fate she promised Bigby came true? I just think that considering the magical nature of that world, and that mind controlling spells are all over the place, putting something like Fate into it raises pretty big questions about free will in their world.

KCohere posted: »

I dont think it was that simple. They went through a lot but their love for each other is genuine. Snow fell for Bigby because he was always there when she needed him.

• IMANSE SPOILER FROM COMICS:It's because of a fate from The Lady of Lack.Bluebeard help too with that speel.If Snow wasn't pregnant will take WAY more time until they will be togheter.And after bigby return to the farm up to the bigby death he is kind and don't return to his old ways,also he retire from the sheriff in book 5 or 4if i am right.

Mercyva posted: »

playing the game i was laughing when colin tells bigby that he knows he likes snow... i was like OK... colin, we shall see. i dont see it, s

• so its not love? its a spell. that make sense more than their relationship. in like the whole gameplay i was trying to be nice to her just because i know that bigby kinda likes her! ughhhhhh whyyy. i wish they build her character more softer and less bossy and controlling.

• you forget bossy and controlling. maybe she's different in comics but i didnt like her at all in the game.. al her actions were robot like only a wrong or right no middle answer! i only picked nicer things to say to her cause i kinda noticed that he likes her... i hope she become a more likable character in upcoming season, if there are any

Alex28 posted: »

The Wolf Among us didn't made the snow personalities as it is in the comics.Bytheway i don't thinkwe will ever see the love in twau.Or if w

• BONNIE?! omg no wonder i hated her character. LOL kinda ironic

-XYAB- posted: »

She's hot, and a southern belle from her voice acting, i heard bonnie a couple times.

• It wasn't a spell that made them fall in love. They were already moving that way. I liked Snow the way she was. Not every woman is soft and sweet, lol. Her hard life made her bitter but she's a good person underneath and I think her strength and toughness is attractive to Bigby.

so its not love? its a spell. that make sense more than their relationship. in like the whole gameplay i was trying to be nice to her just b

• You're right that we can't be sure. Fate had a hand but it doesn't control everything. Snow had two husbands before Bigby but she ended up with him being the love of her life. It wasn't fate that gave her her feelings, it was spending centuries with him and building that relationship. Everyone saw that they were fond of each other before they would even admit it to themselves. If Bigby's original future happened, if I remember correctly, would have just died a lot sooner before he met Snow.

But you can no longer be sure. Think about it. If Bigbys Fate hadn't been to marry Snow, would she still have married him? No. Because up un

• No , the fate make them love.The speel make them to crazy things without remember.Sex, and this case.And snow will be prangnat with 7 childs, so their love will arrive sooner.

so its not love? its a spell. that make sense more than their relationship. in like the whole gameplay i was trying to be nice to her just b

• and abou snow she is more controlling in the comic :)).But she retires from her job after their children were born and go to the farm where bigby can't but not because she want to live without bigby,because that were the rules(the had 6 wolf and a wind so they need to get to the farm).BUT you can't imagine how happy was snow after bigby return and bought a part of the farm .EVEN IF she knew that bigby cheated at her with some crazy sexy girl from the desert if i remember corectly.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.