"Borderlands: Gun for Hire" Text Adventure. THE REBOOT IS HERE!

Comments

• I just published Episode 2 of The Walking Dead, time for me to write out a script for Episode 1!

• UPDATE: The plan for Episode 1 is now done! The typing begins. ;)

• Just a quick tease for where the story will take place.

Alt text

• Nisha confirmed? :-P

SivD1 posted: »

Just a quick tease for where the story will take place.

• Quite possibly ;)

Pipas posted: »

Nisha confirmed? :-P

• Alrighty, here's some new info for you. The story will take place in Lynchwood. After quite the humorous hit gone wrong, he's captured by a local gang boss. The story then spirals into a crazy adventure! Expect many side characters, and many interactions. Also, this adventure will let you make much more significant choices, and they will value more than just what others think of you.

• UPDATE: Now I know that Episode 1 isn't close to finished yet, but I'm also working on the plans for the upcoming episodes at the same time. And I have to say, Episodes 1 and 2 (though still having a good story), are just the setup for the crazy three final episodes!

• I've decided on keeping you guys updated a bit more by letting you guys know how far along Episode 1 is. As of right now, I would say that Episode 1 is roughly 7% done. As of right now, there are 24 pages (branches) that sum up what I would call the finished Page 1. A "Page" is a section of the story (picture a short chapter, that has a lot of development, and that's a "page"). As of right now, I plan for there to be a minimum of 11 pages in total.

• After every "page" that I finish, I will update the title and the thread, along with polls, questions, and teasers. Stay tuned!

• Roughly 7% done

XD Amazing.

• Not 8%... nooo.. not 6%... noooooo.. it's 7%!

Roughly 7% done XD Amazing.

• I'm sorry, is there a problem with being specific? XD

It should be progressing faster from her on in, I've just been busy lately. However, keep in mind that these things take a while to make.

Roughly 7% done XD Amazing.

• No, there's no problem, I just found it amusing.

I'm sorry, is there a problem with being specific? XD It should be progressing faster from her on in, I've just been busy lately. However, keep in mind that these things take a while to make.

• Alrighty then. Just keep in mind that I'll update it after every progressive writing session.

No, there's no problem, I just found it amusing.

• K

Alrighty then. Just keep in mind that I'll update it after every progressive writing session.

• Today, I bring sad news announcing my cancellation of this series. Now, keep in mind that a better way to say "cancelled" in this case is "put on the shelf", since I will definitely be returning to it probably sometime in 2015. The reason for the change is that I wasn't mentally prepared for a story of this detail, and I kept noticing that the writing sounded lazy and sloppy. I'm honestly sad, and I'm looking forward to rebooting it in the future (you guys don't know it, but I fell in love with the story). For now, I'm going to focus on The Walkind Dead and my new "Mass Effect" series. Thank you for your support, and I will update this thread as soon as there is change. Have a great day, -David

• my new "Mass Effect"

Tell me more...

Today, I bring sad news announcing my cancellation of this series. Now, keep in mind that a better way to say "cancelled" in this case is "p

• edited November 2014

Glad to hear that you're intiruged ;) I would love to make a thread on the forum for it, but sadly there's nowhere for me to put it.

It's still in early development, but I've been working on it for a long time and have been keeping it under wraps. It's announcement is kind of a consolation prize for me delaying this for a while. I'll post a link to it when I've completed it however.

I'll only share a few details here with you. This series will pay attention to how you treat others, especially your crew members. You'll have to take part in several important missions spanning across the whole universe. As of right now, the series is planned to be three very long parts, but it's possible that I might make it five parts, just for the story benefit. The only big tease for right now is that the final mission in every part (every part if it's three, or episodes 1, 3 and 5 if five parts) will have suicide-mission-like consequences. Anyways, good to hear that you're intrigued. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

my new "Mass Effect" Tell me more...

• Drooling

I....Love...Mass Effect...

Glad to hear that you're intiruged I would love to make a thread on the forum for it, but sadly there's nowhere for me to put it. It's s

• edited November 2014

Agreed. All three games are some of my favorites (YES! I DO LIKE MASS EFFECT 3!).

Drooling I....Love...Mass Effect...

• "Will be there any sex? XD"
    -supersagig

"Actually, yes, I do believe so! XD"
    -SivD1

• If you have any specific questions on how it will work/play out, ask away, I'm always open to questions!

• Good...Good.

"Will be there any sex? XD" -supersagig "Actually, yes, I do believe so! XD" -SivD1

• I liked 3 but the ending was...What's the word...anti-climatic.

Agreed. All three games are some of my favorites (YES! I DO LIKE MASS EFFECT 3!).

• Strategy and shooting?

If you have any specific questions on how it will work/play out, ask away, I'm always open to questions!

• edited November 2014

I agree, though I didn't hate it as much as the others. It probably also helped that I didn't play them until the beginning of this year, so the Extended Cut Ending was released for me.

I liked 3 but the ending was...What's the word...anti-climatic.

• Yeah, I played with the extended cut but it still feels off.

It was going awesome, fighting for Earth and all that, THAT was awesome. I wish it could of had more choice interactive stuff but cool none the less. However the last 15 minutes is disappointing, it feels like they gave a pen to a 5th grader and just took whatever they wrote.

I agree, though I didn't hate it as much as the others. It probably also helped that I didn't play them until the beginning of this year, so the Extended Cut Ending was released for me.

• Well, keep in mind that this is a text adventure. I plan for the protagonist to be default "soldier" class, with crew members to be varied (you'll be able to command them on what attack to use). Their will be some strategy involved (for example, how would you like to handle a situation, where to position, be stealthy/guns blazing, etc... etc...

Strategy and shooting?

• Cool!

Well, keep in mind that this is a text adventure. I plan for the protagonist to be default "soldier" class, with crew members to be varied (

• I didn't like being forced to do what the star child wanted without much explanation...

Yeah, I played with the extended cut but it still feels off. It was going awesome, fighting for Earth and all that, THAT was awesome. I w

• Star child...Bullshit plot point.

I didn't like being forced to do what the star child wanted without much explanation...

• To touch on the relationships, well.. that's where it gets complicated. It would take way too much time for the player to choose whether to play as a male or female. But I also didn't want to set the protagonist as a certain gender, limiting the player. I've decided that The story will be told in the same format as my "The Walking Dead", addressing the player as "you", and you can choose who to romance (no restrictions! Everyone's down if you are!).

Cool!

• Yeah... was a little too out-of-the-blue after 100 hours, that he only comes in for the final 20 minutes. By the way, have you researched the indoctrination theory? It makes so much sense, I wish it were true! Sadly, the developers denied it ;(

Star child...Bullshit plot point.

• Are you just a normal ship captain or on the Normandy?

To touch on the relationships, well.. that's where it gets complicated. It would take way too much time for the player to choose whether to

• I watched the videos, it's cool.

Yeah, I hope they don't fuck up ME4.

Yeah... was a little too out-of-the-blue after 100 hours, that he only comes in for the final 20 minutes. By the way, have you researched the indoctrination theory? It makes so much sense, I wish it were true! Sadly, the developers denied it ;(

• Looks promising as of right now.

I watched the videos, it's cool. Yeah, I hope they don't fuck up ME4.

• Well, I've been trying to be light on story details, bit I can share a bit.

So basically, you won't start as an N7, but after some events, you'll become one, and get your own ship and crew. That's when the story will really kick into gear.

Are you just a normal ship captain or on the Normandy?

• Sounds cool, keep me updated.

Well, I've been trying to be light on story details, bit I can share a bit. So basically, you won't start as an N7, but after some events, you'll become one, and get your own ship and crew. That's when the story will really kick into gear.

• Update: I'm currently working on a Game Of Thrones inspired series called "Fate Of Fire", for more information, you can check out the thread here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87935/fate-of-fire-text-adventure-early-development

• is bricks old dog confirmed?

Quite possibly

Sign in to comment in this discussion.