Maxbear29's Interactive Medieval Tale. (SUBMIT CHARACTERS HERE, LINK TO STORY INSIDE)

2»

Comments

• As someone who absolutely loved every Fire Emblem released in Europe so far you can sure as hell count me in!

Since I'm on a phone for the next 12 hours I'm gonna submit once I'm back and made up my mind about my class.

• edited November 2014

Name: Mers Henaree the Mercenary, also known as "Merk"

Class: MERCENARY

Appearance: Fair dirty-blond hair, that is slightly turning brown. Beard. His eyes are real big, defined, and turn a bright honey color. Red jacket with long sleeves.

Personality: Jokes and is passive-aggressive

Backstory: He used to be a Cavalier, but he was fired. Then, with his fighting skills, he became a mercenary

• edited November 2014

Yasss...

Mind if I post a bit later?

Edit:I still haven 't posted a character? What the fuck!?

• Sure, that's perfectly fine, I'm just glad you wanna join :)

blueneon posted: »

Yasss... Mind if I post a bit later? Edit:I still haven 't posted a character? What the fuck!?

• Cool, I'm excited to see your character, as a fellow Fire Emblem fan :D

As someone who absolutely loved every Fire Emblem released in Europe so far you can sure as hell count me in! Since I'm on a phone for the next 12 hours I'm gonna submit once I'm back and made up my mind about my class.

• Nice, I'm glad we have a mercenary XD

FauDeef posted: »

Name: Mers Henaree the Mercenary, also known as "Merk" Class: MERCENARY Appearance: Fair dirty-blond hair, that is slightly turning br

• i put the backstory in

maxbear29 posted: »

I'd rather not people submit multiple characters, just for future reference. I dunno, just a little pet peeve. This one's fine, though, if you're other guy dies, you'll have a backup, but no more after this guy XD

• Okay, so hey, I'm gonna post a little bit of the story later maybe, and just to answer a possible question, you may still submit characters after the story already began, but I'm only using the characters submitted before I write the first part (which I hope will be released between 3-5 o' clock.) Everyone submitted after the first part will Join the army, this is only relevant, because they will not start as a member of the army, if that changes your backstory at all. I'll link to it in this thread once it's made, and you can all come read, vote, etc.

• edited November 2014

Name: Arto Raynes

Class: Cavalier

Appearance: Raynes is a very tall man, about 6'6. He has short black hair which is shorn at the sides and a well-groomed full beard. He is very muscular with piercing grey eyes and a small scar on his left cheek. He is about 25 years of age, but looks a bit older due to his beard.

Personality: Raynes is a proud warrior who seemingly lives for the battle. He is also very arrogant, believing himself to be the best warrior alive. On the other hand he is genuinely helpful and only wants the best for the army. As a result, he is constantly trying to improve his comrades fighting techniques, even if they don't really need his advice. He has high standards, especially for himself and puts himself and any unfortunate soul, who does not object strongly enough, through a rigorous training almost every day. When he is neither fighting or training he tries to socialize with his fellow soldiers, at least those he deems worthy enough of his company. When people talk to him, they are often surprised that he can be a very soft-spoken and literate man outside of the battlefield. His basic expression is a mocking, but genuine smile and he often makes sarcastic remarks, mainly towards his friends or to people who made a mistake. Together with his friendly teasing goes his complete lack of respect for anything or anyone, especially the privacy of others. Besides his default smile he rarely laughs, but if he does he tends to have a very boisterous laugh. However, sometimes Raynes shows a completely different side of himself. He can be very empathic and is good at comforting desperate people. During these times he shows himself to be surprisingly compassionate and, even though he claims otherwise, he has a hard time dealing with tragedy. Ultimately he is a very loyal man, whose complete lack of respect often leads over the fact that he would always be there for friends in need.

Backstory: Arto Raynes, who prefers to go by his last name, except with good friends, was born in a very large and very poor city and lived his childhood on the streets. His childhood was harsh and his only friend during these times was a girl named Kathy. Raynes used to protect her from the other kids, thanks to his always imposing looks. Constant fighting for even the most basic needs led him to develop a muscular and imposing build. Even though he got into some bad fights, he never killed anyone, even if he was attacked with weapons. This changed when two thugs attacked him and Kathy in the small back alley they lived in. During this fight Raynes knocked one of the thugs unconscious but received a cut on his left cheek during the process. The other thug fatally stabbed Kathy, which led to Raynes going into a frenzy, beating the man to death. Even though he tried his best to rush her to a healer, Kathy died in his arms. This completely broke Raynes. Out for vengeance, he brutally interrogated the surviving thug on why they attacked them. It turned out that the thugs worked for a wealthy nobleman who wished to purge the streets from the poor. For this scheme, the nobleman hired thugs to murder poor people, in order to drive them away from the city. In this moment Raynes lost every respect he ever had for the wealthy people. He sold his few belongings to get in the favor of the right people and managed to get hired as a thug for the nobleman. As soon as he was alone with the man, Raynes stabbed him to death with the same knife that killed Kathy. He left the city the same day and, since he believed the city watch would probably hunt him down after what he did, joined the army and grew himself a full beard. At first he was a fighter, proving himself to be a deadly strong soldier, but soon his superiors found out that he was a born cavalier. The only thing that prevented him from being promoted was his own arrogance and his lack of respect for his commanding officers. Even though Raynes was a broken man for some time, he eventually snapped out of it once he achieved his first kill in battle. During this moment he felt alive and found a new purpose. He vowed to himself and to Kathy that he would never again be too weak to protect his friends and that he would teach others how to become stronger themselves. Thanks to his newfound purpose in life he quickly managed to become his old sarcastic and arrogant self again. He also started to study battle tactics and, in order to improve himself in every way possible, also tried to become an educated man, often reading classical literature and history books.

• I've been thinking about joining this, so I'll give it a shot :P Sounds really cool.

Name: Green

Class: Mage, specializes in wind power

Appearance: Looks like this V

Alt text

Backstory: She came from a small town up in the north. In that town almost everyone was depressed due to the massive amount of poverty in there, yet she was the only ray of sunshine to everyone, she always keeps her nerve and is always seeing the bright side of things. As she got older her parents grew weaker and with the lack of money they wouldn't be able to get better so she learned to master her ability of controlling the winds, and set off to look for a better life, since she knew her parents would die soon. She left and never looked back. Not much is known about her after that other then she keeps her extremely happy attitude, to remind her of home.

Also I am actually a guy IRL but I want my character to be a girl, since she looks like one :P

• edited November 2014

Submitted him, I hope he can start as a member of the army, for backstory reasons :)

Personality-wise he was inspired by two of my favourite Awakening characters, Frederick and Gregor.

Cool, I'm excited to see your character, as a fellow Fire Emblem fan

• Holy shit, I just got 2 massive character submissions while I was away, so I guess it's time to read 'em and write part 1.

• Alt text

Holy shit, I just got 2 massive character submissions while I was away, so I guess it's time to read 'em and write part 1.

• edited November 2014
  • Lol whenever Gregor yelled IT'S GREGOR TIME I would just bust out laughing xD

Submitted him, I hope he can start as a member of the army, for backstory reasons Personality-wise he was inspired by two of my favourite Awakening characters, Frederick and Gregor.

• Part 1 has already been released, and part 2 is in the making, which will have a choice, so if you haven't already, go read it!

• I agree, I was being sarcastic :P

Not so fun for me. I always hated commercials, and I feel like people like me will hate me advertising my stuff

• I actually posted the part 2, and there is a choice, so don't miss your chance to read and vote :D

• Name: Shadow

Class: Archer

Apearence: Small, brown hair and eyes, pale.

Personallity: Sillent, violent, brave, willing to take risks no matter who else gets hurt as long as it fits her intrests.

Backstory: No backstory, she just came out of nowhere. :P

• Phew, here we go. Sorry it took so long. :D

Name: Varillius Stonard

Class: Dark Mage

Appearance: has green eyes, medium length hair slicked back and a short beard with sideburns
    usually wears long black coat and gloves, has crippled left arm

Personality: curious, but cautious, thoughtfull, intelligent, not very talkative, prefers working alone than in a group,
    doesn't like people who are reckless, are showing off or are taking unnecessary risks, doesn't like talking about his past

Backstory: He was born in a small village as a son of a local blacksmith. His mother died giving him birth. His father Noah then swore that he would not take another woman, making Varillius his only child. Noah wanted Varillius to take after him and become a blacksmith, but Varillius never had any passion for it, he was rather interested in discovering new mysterious things. When Varillius started showing signs of magic, his father practically ignored it, he wanted Varillius to follow his steps. Realizing that he wouldn't get to develop his gift like that, Varillius ran away from the village when he was a teenager to learn more about his abilities and how to use them. Luckily for him, shortly after he left he met a eccentric fire mage, Aaron. He showed Varilius some basic spells to practice to learn what type of magic does Varillius specialize at. As it turned out, he excelled at dark magic. After that, it was more of a self study. Aaron gave him some books to study from time to time while doing his own stuff and things. That's when Varillius got especially interested in afterlife and started practicing necromancy. Aaron gave him a free hand in this. Varillius started to dug up graves and reanimate dead, but the reaminated never lasted long. Varillius couldn't find anything in the books to upgrade his spell, so he experimented. He tried to harvest souls from dead and transfer them to one dead individual and it worked, the reanimated lasted longer, they were more aggresive though. It wasn't enough for Varillius, he wanted to create an immortal undead. Aaron didn't approve of this, but Varillius was way too ambitious and didn't want to give up. He transferred over 50 souls to one dead body and the result was... disastrous. The creature refused to listen to him. Realizing that he couldn't let that monster go free, he tried to kill it. But he really underestimated its abilities. The monster was really fast, it grabbed Varillius left arm and it felt like it was sucking his life out. Just when he thought it was the end of him, Aaron arrived and casted fireball at the creature. Then there was an explosion and Varillius passed out. After a while he woke up. The monstrosity was gone. The first thing he realized was that he couldn't move his left arm. It was just hanging, lifeless, paralyzed. Then he noticed lifeless body laying on the floor. It was Aarons. After the incident he promised to himself that he will never be that reckless and powerhungry again. He left to track down the monster he created while ensuring that nobody will create the similar creature. Since then 20 years had passed. He believes that the monster is long dead by now, because he hasn't heard about it ever since. Lately he's been looking for another lost mages such as he was and help them evolve their magical powers. He heard that the war is coming and it'd better if everyone would be prepared.

• edited November 2014

Name: Seimphy Kaoshinava

Class: Archer

Appearance: Chinese/Japanese guy, tattered green shirt around him.

Personality: Quiet, only speaks when spoken to. Spends a lot of time in bars.

Backstory: Was a defender of a wooden fort named Fort Kaoshinava, as his father was the leader of that fort. The fort was raided by clerics and a Pyro set the whole fort on fire leaving his father crushed in the lumber but he was forced to retreat.

• Name: Falcon

Class: Pegasus Knight

Appearance: He has pointy nose and ears almost elf-like. Has sharp sapphire-blue eyes that can see everything from afar and great perception. His hearing is impeccable. Silver blond hair. 5’5” and 100 pounds. Walks with a cane as he has weak legs.

Personality: Soft-spoken, slient, and scholarly. Has an affinity and bonds to animals. Able to communicate with animals. Prefers to be at peace and stay out of trouble unless necessary. Caring and always does the right thing. Words and hateful actions that are done to him are just ignored. Although his animal friends may have other things to say. Is polite and respectful and honorable. Feels free when he is in nature and soaring through the air. At other times he prefers to read.

Backstory: Grew up in the mountains. His father was once a cavalier and his mother was a troubadour who fell in love and eloped so they hid high up in the mountains. Falcon was born with weak legs so his parents did not have high hopes for him but still loved and cared for him and taught him everything they knew. Due to this and having no siblings, he only played with animals and grew up with them. One day when he was away from home his family was attacked and killed. That was a sad day for him but it was also the beginning of his adventures as he joined with his flying horse “Pegasos” to travel. He was recruited into the army on one of his travels and the captain recognized his skill and potential.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.