Legendary Item at the ground - Episode 1

Sooo I was playing through Episode 1, and at the end (where you pick up the Tediore shield), I saw a orange beacon at the ground, showing that a Legendary item was there. I did not try because I assumed it was impossible, but is it possible to interact with it? Why does nobody else pick it up?

Sure Sasha says that there's a pistol there worth some cash but I don't see her picking it up (and Legendary guns are worth MUCH more than that)....

I'm just going to assume it was a Unkempt Harold (Legendary Torgue Pistol, since a bandit was using one a couple of minutes back). In which case it looks even stupider because the UH is quite possibly the best gun on the planet......

Or is it possible to pick it up and I just favored a white shield over a Legendary? XD

Comments

• It's not possible to pick up.

• These unexperienced Pandoran criminals do. :P

MM720 posted: »

That kind of sucks. Still leaves the question: why didn't anyone else pick it up? One does not simply ignore a Legendary drop..............

• That kind of sucks. Still leaves the question: why didn't anyone else pick it up?

One does not simply ignore a Legendary drop..............

It's not possible to pick up.

• These unexperienced Pandoran criminals do. :P

That kind of sucks. Still leaves the question: why didn't anyone else pick it up? One does not simply ignore a Legendary drop..............

• I tried to pick it up instead of the normal shield and ended up without a shield, will see how that ends up.

• Sooo the Legendary is actually a trap for you to ignore the shield? Brilliant move guys

Also am I the only one who is disturbed by the fact that a WHITE rarity Tediore shield has a BLUE prism (only found on Blue rarity Shields).

Feels like the crew didn't do their Borderlands research when doing that scene... (also why wouldn't Rhys and Vaughn have shields to begin with. Hyperion produces tons of shields and I'm sure working there could at least give you the opportunity to buy a white cheap one.....) XD

I tried to pick it up instead of the normal shield and ended up without a shield, will see how that ends up.

• I think its for the Loader Bot the shield, and why would you need a shield up there???

Sooo the Legendary is actually a trap for you to ignore the shield? Brilliant move guys Also am I the only one who is disturbed by the fa

• You never know. Shields shield you from bullets so I guess it's not that hard to imagine people who work at a huge weapon manufacturing company to have them?

And unless Rhys has no idea what he's doing, that shield will definitely NOT go to Loader Bot. If Rhys takes a single fatal bullet he's dead while he can survive any shot with the shield. They might make a decision later for you to give up the shield for either cash or give it to another person (Vaughn, Sasha or Fiona?) but shields are just as valuable as weapons, if not more. Shields are almost necessary to survive on Pandora. There's a reason you get a shield 5 minutes after starting a new game on any other Borderlands game...

RaduBota18 posted: »

I think its for the Loader Bot the shield, and why would you need a shield up there???

• They might make a decision later for you to give up the shield for either cash or give it to another person (Vaughn, Sasha or Fiona?)

If this happens well I'm not selling it.

I'm not giving it to Fiona or myself since we know they survive, I'm not giving it to Sasha since she can handle herself so I'm giving it to my pal Vaughn.

You never know. Shields shield you from bullets so I guess it's not that hard to imagine people who work at a huge weapon manufacturing comp

• I loved the Legendary trap, I just wish it was actually more of a trap to the characters and not to the player. It seems ECHO systems create the beam of rarity objects have, so why did no one see it? Make it so if you went to grab it, it was a hated legendary like the Cradle so he tossed it, or just make some bandit nick the legendary and the shield. Making it as if no one sees it seems really weird, but a good idea. I think that episodes 3-5 and maybe a little bit of two as that's probably already near ready to ship, will improve on making the choices and details more Borderlands-y while keeping them interesting as Telltale does very well.

• wait what? You CAN pick up the legendary gun and ended up without the shield? Okay, I need to replay that part now...

• the orange lighting shoting out of it is not cannon, nobody but you seeing it. so.. yeah.. its same way the mouse or crosshire is not canon, ur charcter arent actually seeing it

• good point

They might make a decision later for you to give up the shield for either cash or give it to another person (Vaughn, Sasha or Fiona?)

• You can't.

kimnguyen posted: »

wait what? You CAN pick up the legendary gun and ended up without the shield? Okay, I need to replay that part now...

• Pretty sure Rhye has an ECHO.

the orange lighting shoting out of it is not cannon, nobody but you seeing it. so.. yeah.. its same way the mouse or crosshire is not canon, ur charcter arent actually seeing it

• he hasnt scan it, pretty sure u cant use ur echo eye at this point

CaveRave posted: »

Pretty sure Rhye has an ECHO.

• Rhyse has an Echo eye no? so i think the eye hilights guns, items for him (since you were controling him at that moment you saw it but no one else did i. imo

• There are drops all over but the white shield is the only one accessible. They (Sasha and Rhys) point out that even added up the junk that dropped during the death rally wouldn't add up to anything near $10million.

• Me too! I was so pissed. Just walking along thinking, i probably only get to pick one thing up, im gonna go for the far one. Bang, through the floor.

Telltale is a tricksy bird.

I tried to pick it up instead of the normal shield and ended up without a shield, will see how that ends up.

• The whole part confused me. If you don't pick up that shield generator, then you don't get any items. After picking up the shield item, the game switches to the ending cutscene. If you walk past it, the game switches to the ending cutscene. I'm not sure why Telltale put more items over there, since neither Rhys nor Fiona can interact with them.

• *Trolltale

The whole part confused me. If you don't pick up that shield generator, then you don't get any items. After picking up the shield item, the

• pfft, Loader Bot our best bro, not slimy nerd Vaughn, make a right choice next time!

They might make a decision later for you to give up the shield for either cash or give it to another person (Vaughn, Sasha or Fiona?)

• Loader Bot has rockets... plus I think the shield only works for people.

Sorry Loader Son

Istibul posted: »

pfft, Loader Bot our best bro, not slimy nerd Vaughn, make a right choice next time!

• I figured guns and stuff sent wireless signals out to local ECHO systems to show up like that.

he hasnt scan it, pretty sure u cant use ur echo eye at this point

• WHOOPS

Found this thread through google, didn't mean to necromance it.

• lel

ActionHank posted: »

WHOOPS Found this thread through google, didn't mean to necromance it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.