I need your advice

Hi, people! I've been recently considering buying 1st episode of TFTB. But first I'd like to ask you some questions, read some opinions etc.

Will I like the game despite the fact I haven't played any of Borderlands games yet?

Is playing previous games required to have fun out of Tales from the Borderlands?

Can I expect the quality equal or similar to TWD?

Will I like it even though I'm not a big fan of comedies?

And the final question for now... is it better than GoT?

Comments

• Many threads asking this question.

In short, the answer from people who were in your shoes, is Yes, you will like this game.

;)

• I know, but I created my own topic to avoid possible spoilers. They are everywhere. xD

Trentest0 posted: »

Many threads asking this question. In short, the answer from people who were in your shoes, is Yes, you will like this game.

• For your other questions:

Playing the other games should have no impact on your experience, but since I was already a fan, I can't speak from someone in your position.

Playing the games prior to this is not necessary.

The quality is very high. In fact, it's probably the best episode that Telltale has ever made, but that's an opinion, honestly.

For being not a fan of comedies... ehh. It's not like a sitcom. It's just humourous. The interactions between characters are funny; they aren't cracking jokes like a TV show.

I think it's better than GoT. Though if you prefer something serious and dark like TWD, you'll like GoT more. There is more at stake in that game, whereas TFTB is more of a wild west romp.

Hope that helps.

Daffodil posted: »

I know, but I created my own topic to avoid possible spoilers. They are everywhere. xD

• edited December 2014

Will I like the game despite the fact I haven't played any of Borderlands games yet? Yes.

Is playing previous games required to have fun out of Tales from the Borderlands? No, you'll just miss out some references but you'll enjoy it even if you didn't play any of the previous games.

Can I expect the quality equal or similar to TWD? Yep, IMO, better. (P.S: The first episode is around 2 hours & half long)

Will I like it even though I'm not a big fan of comedies? Yep, it is not over the top but you'll laugh at some point, I'm sure of that.

And the final question for now... is it better than GoT? TBH I don't know because I didn't read Game of Thrones' books or watch the show, so the GoT game wouldn't be really enjoyable for me.

• I loved this and this was coming from a guy who doesnt like the normal borderlands games

• Thank you, guys, for your assistance. :D I knew you'd help sooner or later.

• You really only need to know basic knowledge just to understand the universe and references a bit better. I don't think you need to worry about the past games overall though. It is as good as if not better that TWD IMO, you should definitely get it, its great!

• edited December 2014

Will I like the game despite the fact I haven't played any of Borderlands games yet?

Yep, the only thing you won't understand are minor references to the previous game

Is playing previous games required to have fun out of Tales from the Borderlands?

Not really

Can I expect the quality equal or similar to TWD?

Yeah, completely

Will I like it even though I'm not a big fan of comedies?

Humor is a big part in this game,it's hilarious, even if you don't like comedies i'm sure you'll enjoy it, the story is still good

And the final question for now... is it better than GoT?

I'd say that they're at the same level, though GoT can feel boring if you haven't watched/read the books/ show, in TFTB you won't have this problem.

• edited December 2014

You probably aren't a fan of comedies, but that doesn't mean you won't laugh. I as well don't like to watch comedy since I prefer action. But I couldn't find a better one than humor and action altogether. This game my friend, is well balanced. It isn't entirely about humor.

• As a non-player of the previous Borderlands games, I can safely say that yes, this game will still be extremely enjoyable!

• You don't have to play the previous games, but I recommend it to fully enjoy this game. I played the 1st episode and I loved it even though I didn't know this universe. So I started playing Borderlands 2 and now I get all the jokes and references x) And in my opinion TFTB is better than GoT ;)

• You don't need to play the original Borderlands games to play but it will give you a better understanding of their universe.

• I will add to this by saying I did not like the FPS Borderlands in any way, hated it in fact. I am a fan of Telltale Games and the way they tell their stories. Despite not liking Borderlands I bought this game and it is hilarious, one of the funniest Telltale games ever made. Nothing was said that lost me storywise, as people say there will be a few references but they never made me have to research these as Game of thrones did, I had to ask my partner about ramsey and some other things. I urge you or anyone else who wants a funny game, that reaction at the end was timeless lol, to buy this, if you are unsure just buy the first episode however I am happy I jumped in head first for the season pass even though I had to pay more for it on PS4... Why did I have to pay more than any other system is my only fault with this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.