Can't fail qte.

Ok so maybe people have already noticed but you can't fail the qte in tail from the borderlands. The only way to fail them are to wait too much time. If it tells you to go left. You can go right,up or down the game will still think you went left. Try it. You can't fail the qte unless you wait too long. Kinda take away the difficulty. The action moments are already simple as it is now they make it even more simple.

Comments

• I noticed that, It didn't bother me. I play on PC and just assumed it was pretty poor Controller Support for now. but aslong as we report it, telltale will listen. I didn't notice it as much for the GoT game however.

• If TT made the gameplay harder some people wouldn't be able to play, there was guy once that asked what to do in the rocket launcher scene and you just had to hover the mouse over the bandits.

• That guy....

XD

papai46 posted: »

If TT made the gameplay harder some people wouldn't be able to play, there was guy once that asked what to do in the rocket launcher scene and you just had to hover the mouse over the bandits.

• I love both of our reactions...Mine was:

"How hard is it to press a fucking button" and your was "Now I see why Telltale makes their gameplay so dumbed down."

That was an awesome thread.

I lol'd so hard at that thread X)

• I lol'd so hard at that thread X)

That guy.... XD

• That reminded me of a few people who are used to playing Telltale games with a controller that they don't know that they have to use WASD when arrows show up to indicate action, so instead they flick the mouse. It's kind of funny.

If TT made the gameplay harder some people wouldn't be able to play, there was guy once that asked what to do in the rocket launcher scene and you just had to hover the mouse over the bandits.

• what about the guy in the game of thrones section where he thought you have to tap q once when the wagon falls on you at the start i was just like seriously?

dojo32161 posted: »

That reminded me of a few people who are used to playing Telltale games with a controller that they don't know that they have to use WASD when arrows show up to indicate action, so instead they flick the mouse. It's kind of funny.

• Your comment got chewed.

That guy.... XD

• I love both of our reactions...Mine was:

"How hard is it to press a fucking button" and your was "Now I see why Telltale makes their gameplay so dumbed down."

That was an awesome thread.

Your comment got chewed.

• People actually did that? OMFG

That reminded me of a few people who are used to playing Telltale games with a controller that they don't know that they have to use WASD when arrows show up to indicate action, so instead they flick the mouse. It's kind of funny.

• XD

I love these new people coming to Telltale's games, their problems are hilarious.

Jewfreeus posted: »

what about the guy in the game of thrones section where he thought you have to tap q once when the wagon falls on you at the start i was just like seriously?

• Link plz!

what about the guy in the game of thrones section where he thought you have to tap q once when the wagon falls on you at the start i was just like seriously?

• hold up i'll try find it

Link plz!

• I'm still laughing.

found it http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87394/spoiler-getting-out-from-under-the-wagon

• Is it really that hard to figure out is a qte?

found it http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87394/spoiler-getting-out-from-under-the-wagon

• "Game overs are a failure of the game designer."

• Who the hell said that?

That1Guy posted: »

"Game overs are a failure of the game designer."

• Only the single "best" video game director, David Cage, when talking about story-driven games.

Who the hell said that?

• Sorry, whenever someone brings up David Cage, I have to use this.

Alt text

Only the single "best" video game director, David Cage, when talking about story-driven games.

• This picture further proves my point of how amazing David Cage is.

Sorry, whenever someone brings up David Cage, I have to use this.

• edited December 2014

Um, no, I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Only the single "best" video game director, David Cage, when talking about story-driven games.

• edited December 2014

Fanboyish much?

This picture further proves my point of how amazing David Cage is.

• I love David Cages game's even if it has all that stuff :p

Sorry, whenever someone brings up David Cage, I have to use this.

• That thread interests me... What's it titled?

I love both of our reactions...Mine was: "How hard is it to press a fucking button" and your was "Now I see why Telltale makes their gameplay so dumbed down." That was an awesome thread.

• Yeah, I don't know if this is going too far... A game that solves itself is called "movie".

You can beat TWAU Ep.5 with less than 20 click and some keyboard tapping: less than one minute of gameplay in total.

• Uh.... Sarcasm? I put "best" under quotation marks '-'

J-Master posted: »

Fanboyish much?

• This isn't true at all because I have seen tons of people failing the qte's during their playthroughs lol

one guy failed during the loader bot scene and Rhys and vaughn ended up getting blown up by a rocket launcher

in another playthrough a girl failed multiple times during a fight with a bandit and Rhys ended getting an ax to the face

• I'm sorry I forgot the name.

That thread interests me... What's it titled?

• Unfortunately people are fucking stupid and will still have trouble reading simple instructions on how to play Telltale games no matter how much hand holding there is. Usually the first QTEs in their games are easy or you can't fail at all, but then at the end of their story's they get heavy in action and go from super easy to casual. There are still moments in the game (even in the very beginning) where you can die, but sometimes (not all the time) they just give it to you to keep the game going.

• The name is: I'm not understanding the combat controls.

That thread interests me... What's it titled?

• I love when you get to the Game Over screen (totally fail) its funny how they solved this whole issue. The developers really did a good job and made me laugh out loud.

• edited December 2014

"tail from the borderlands" :D I didnt actually notice that...though there was one point where I thought I clicked the wrong button. I hope they fix it or else it would be kind of lame

Sign in to comment in this discussion.