Do you get caught off guard by QTEs?

I like to play Telltale's games in a laid back manner. Slump into my chair and lean back with one hand on my mouse. Sometimes, I even have a snack or drink while playing.

However, every now and again, you suddenly encounter QTE events, and have to change posture quickly. Sometimes, the QTE events come so fast that I can not react in time (happened a few times in TFTB).

Does anyone see where I am trying to get at? I feel the QTE events are real immersion breakers in this regard.

Do you feel the same? Would it be possible for Telltale to improve on this aspect in future releases?

Thanks!

Comments

• Not at all. I play with a controller though so.....

• no because they are expected at this point i don't see why telltale should change it because you are eating or drinking instead of having your fingers on the keyboard i don't see how they can improve it at all do you want them to give you a warning when a qte is coming? that is stupid and would break really break immersion

• When I want to eat and relax I watch a playthrough or wander through the landscape of Fallout. If you know there's QTEs in the game you should keep your fingers near the buttons :p

• Yeah that happened to me once in the walking dead episode 2 when the walker of the teacher grabbed Katjaa. That was before I knew you turn no matter how you die. But you should be able to react in time.

• no relaxing with borderlands....keeps you on your toes constantly (love this style of gameplay telltale has made)...if you want a slower immersion, I suggest the walking dead games...definitely more story based and long conversations where as there's something you need to do almost every 5 seconds in borderlands.

ps. i'm not bashing walking dead, just giving the suggestion (I love those games too)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.