Betatester

as I become a beta tester of the new Story Mode Minecraft?

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Minecraft Story Mode is a totally separate game from the standalone Minecraft and is developed by Telltale, there will be no beta and you will need to purchase it once it becomes available some time in 2015.

• thought the mojang , was helping the new minecraft story but thanks

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2014

He didn't do anything, he's probably just confused and has never played a Telltale game before, probably thinks this will be a sandbox game, it's an understandable mistake, especially for those who don't do their research, like that one guy who thought TFTB was DLC for Borderlands two and didn't realize until later it was a standalone game.

• Well, I was no wrong. Is the third person who enter in the forum because of Minecraft; I actually think it's good ( For Telltale ), but at the same time bad ( For us ).

dojo32161 posted: »

He didn't do anything, he's probably just confused and has never played a Telltale game before, probably thinks this will be a sandbox game,

• I don't think it's bad, they haven't been annoying like a few people have claimed they would be, and they seem genuinely interested in learning more. Besides, every game has brought in its fair share of unruly people (I.E. Some of the people in the KvJ debates). But at least these people are willing to learn.

VectorXP posted: »

Well, I was no wrong. Is the third person who enter in the forum because of Minecraft; I actually think it's good ( For Telltale ), but at the same time bad ( For us ).

• True... Well, let's wait and see =)

dojo32161 posted: »

I don't think it's bad, they haven't been annoying like a few people have claimed they would be, and they seem genuinely interested in learn

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Please don't instantly assume that every new minecraft fan will be a "annoying minecraft kid" Some of them will be new the Telltale's style games and will want to ask questions.

I wasn't around then Telltale announce the Walking Dead but from what i have read the Sam & Max and Tales From Monkey Island fans said exactly the same thing about the new walking dead fans.

VectorXP posted: »

Well, I was no wrong. Is the third person who enter in the forum because of Minecraft; I actually think it's good ( For Telltale ), but at the same time bad ( For us ).

• edited December 2014

Alt text

Good god this forum has some serious problems. The community many are fearing... well, they're basically describing themselves. Ugh.... stupid.

• I heard they said something about emo teenagers. Oddly enough, I think they were right, because we did basically take over their forums, not that they owned it, but we did become the majority.

OzzyUK posted: »

Please don't instantly assume that every new minecraft fan will be a "annoying minecraft kid" Some of them will be new the Telltale's style

• Yeah, I understand. I met telltale with Strong Bad game in 2010, but I just become a fan in 2012 with TWD... well, let's wait and see =)

Please don't instantly assume that every new minecraft fan will be a "annoying minecraft kid" Some of them will be new the Telltale's style

• Yeah, this is nigh bullying.

• ...No...Just...You can't beta test this...Ugh.

• How?

I answered his question.

You can not beta test a episodic game series and Telltale already has designated testers. There was nothing rude about it.

He just asked a simple question. That was a rather rude response.

• He just asked a simple question. That was a rather rude response.

...No...Just...You can't beta test this...Ugh.

• How?

I answered his question.

You can not beta test a episodic game series and Telltale already has designated testers. There was nothing rude about it. It upsets me that I can't put ugh in it when he could have done the slightest work and found this out.

He just asked a simple question. That was a rather rude response.

• It's obvious it isn't an add on if he read anything about it, it's also obvious he isn't a fan of Telltale and didn't just notice this today because he just joined.

TommyW posted: »

I don't see how anyone can be mad at him for being confused Minecraft has Survival mode, Creative mode, Adventure mode, and Spectator m

• edited December 2014

I don't see how anyone can be mad at him for being confused

Minecraft has Survival mode, Creative mode, Adventure mode, and Spectator mode

So when someone announces something called "Story mode" I cant blame fans for thinking its another add on for the original game

Hopefully when the marketing for this game really kicks in Telltale will do a good job of explaining to people that this is a spin off.

• Your phrasing is what was rude, not your point.

How? I answered his question. You can not beta test a episodic game series and Telltale already has designated testers. There was noth

• It is a question easily answered through any investigation, my phrasing was justified.

Flog61 posted: »

Your phrasing is what was rude, not your point.

• edited December 2014

Its actually not obvious since even I was a little bit confused about rather or not it was a add on since it was called a "story mode"

as for the guy joining because of Minecraft

I see nothing wrong with that and I didn't join until walking dead so who am I to judge him

It's obvious it isn't an add on if he read anything about it, it's also obvious he isn't a fan of Telltale and didn't just notice this today because he just joined.

• This.

Good god this forum has some serious problems. The community many are fearing... well, they're basically describing themselves. Ugh.... stupid.

• it's also obvious he isn't a fan of Telltale and didn't just notice this today because he just joined.

Chilllllllll

There's nothing wrong with being a new fan of Telltale. Every one was new to Telltale at one point. You were new at one point, I was new at one point, etc.

Several game companies do beta testing of games, and it isn't as if Telltale explicitly said there would be no beta. Sure, it's basically not going to happen, but there's nothing wrong with somebody not knowing that because they are new.

It's obvious it isn't an add on if he read anything about it, it's also obvious he isn't a fan of Telltale and didn't just notice this today because he just joined.

• I don't think you understood what I meant by the Blind, I meant it wasn't obvious he just scrolled down on the Forums and saw this. If Telltale didn't do Beta Testing for any of the other games so why this one?

it's also obvious he isn't a fan of Telltale and didn't just notice this today because he just joined. Chilllllllll There's nothi

• Justifiable rudeness is still rudeness, and is not preferable.

And that's pretending rudeness can ever be justified, which I don't think it can.

Regardless of your opinions about him and his actions, nothing forced you to be rude as opposed to just calmly and politely telling him that he cannot be one.

I could describe it in one word if you had done Ancient Greek ('σωφροσύνη') but basically, self-restraint is a virtue.

It is a question easily answered through any investigation, my phrasing was justified.

• Ugh...You all keep misunderstanding what I meant... There's nothing wrong with him joining because of it... He just joined and could have done research instead of asking here, it wasn't that hard to find out. He read it somewhere or found out somewhere but not here, he didn't just scroll down the Forums and saw this here...

Its actually not obvious since even I was a little bit confused about rather or not it was a add on since it was called a "story mode" as

• ...He could had done research Blind...Any type of research and he would've found out.

...but there's nothing wrong with somebody not knowing that because they are new.

• I gave him his answer, what was honestly rude, me saying ugh?

This is stupid, I'm done arguing with you all.

Justifiable rudeness is still rudeness, and is not preferable. And that's pretending rudeness can ever be justified, which I don't think

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

...but there's nothing wrong with somebody not knowing that because they are new.

I don't think you understood what I meant by the Blind, I meant it wasn't obvious he just scrolled down on the Forums and saw this. If Telltale didn't do Beta Testing for any of the other games so why this one?

• research

but if he is a new fan how could he have possible known if telltale does beta testing or not For all we know the guy could have just become aware of telltale existence after he heard about the "story mode" announcement

• 'Ugh', multiple ellipses, disjointed english to show annoyance, patronising tone etc.

I gave him his answer, what was honestly rude, me saying ugh? This is stupid, I'm done arguing with you all.

• It was to show annoyance, as I will in this discussion. Ugh...

'Ugh', multiple ellipses, disjointed english to show annoyance, patronising tone etc.

• edited December 2014

but if he is a new fan how could he have possible known if telltale does beta testing or not

For all we know the guy could have just become aware of telltale existence after he heard about the "story mode" announcement

I don't think you understood what I meant by the Blind, I meant it wasn't obvious he just scrolled down on the Forums and saw this. If Telltale didn't do Beta Testing for any of the other games so why this one?

• Your phrasing is what was rude, not your point.

Regardless of your opinions about him and his actions, nothing forced you to be rude as opposed to just calmly and politely telling him that he cannot be one.

Hear that? That's the sound of a nail being hit on the head.

Justifiable rudeness is still rudeness, and is not preferable. And that's pretending rudeness can ever be justified, which I don't think

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

'Ugh', multiple ellipses, disjointed english to show annoyance, patronising tone etc.

And again, the nail is hit on the head.

• It was to show annoyance, as I will in this discussion. Ugh...

That's the point; you aren't being very respectful to new users. However, this has gone on long enough so I'm going to ask we drop this. Just... please try to be more respectful to new users in the future. If you politely inform them instead of acting annoyed, they will be more willing to learn. If you lash out at them before they even do anything wrong, they won't be as willing to look up to older members. Please try to set a better example - or just don't say anything if you are annoyed that much.

It was to show annoyance, as I will in this discussion. Ugh...

• Exactly, I have never heard of Telltale (or episodic games in general) until I found out about TWD.

but if he is a new fan how could he have possible known if telltale does beta testing or not For all we know the guy could have just become aware of telltale existence after he heard about the "story mode" announcement

• edited December 2014

[removed]

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2014

Please don't act so rudely to a new member.

• edited December 2014

As a community we should be allowing people in not pushing them out, stop it with this. Hell, we were all new members at one point, give others the same chance you were given.

This discussion has been closed.