Betatester

2»

Comments

• It's really good to see people realising that the way people have been acting was wrong.

Just yesterday people were fully supporting aggression towards other fans, now we're rightfully opposing it.

Good on you.

• Ah of course, excuse my rudeness. I just figure that he made a account just to ask this question for one specific game that he was interested in.

Guessing that he came from the offical minecraft community that mainly consists of kids / teens.

But again.

It was not appropiate to threat him like this.

dojo32161 posted: »

Please don't act so rudely to a new member.

• edited December 2014

If there's one thing all of this is capable of doing as well, if it doesn't just scare them away, is turn the new members hostile towards others. Therefore creating a real mess, especially for the mods.

Green613 posted: »

As a community we should be allowing people in not pushing them out, stop it with this. Hell, we were all new members at one point, give others the same chance you were given.

• That's true, but what if this community will be overrun with minecraft fans? I'll try to be 'nicer' to the 'next generation minecraft fans' joining this community.

As a community we should be allowing people in not pushing them out, stop it with this. Hell, we were all new members at one point, give others the same chance you were given.

• One question: Do you support this comment?

(made by Tobi-Is-A-Good-Boy)

• Except you forget this is the Telltale forum, not the minecraft one. The way things go over there probably won't go the same way here.

That's true, but what if this community will be overrun with minecraft fans? I'll try to be 'nicer' to the 'next generation minecraft fans' joining this community.

• edited December 2014

You know, I checked out a few threads out on that forum earlier and they seemed no worse than here. Granted, I only checked out the odd one, but still. Mostly the general discussion about this announcement and topics about the game. Probably about 3 - 4 threads I skimmed.

Except you forget this is the Telltale forum, not the minecraft one. The way things go over there probably won't go the same way here.

• edited December 2014

Moderators do quite take their job seriously I see. This community seems to be full of rainbows. I do not like it.

Just act on unacceptable behavior that's causing a lot of problems. That's the duty of a moderator. But of course, who am I to tell you what to do.

He just asked a simple question. That was a rather rude response.

• I just figure that he made a account just to ask this question for one specific game that he was interested in.

Why would you have a problem with that? Is this not a place people can go to to ask questions?

Ah of course, excuse my rudeness. I just figure that he made a account just to ask this question for one specific game that he was intereste

• edited December 2014

Definitely. Only I'm tempted to go one step further and say people aren't describing themselves, because they're potentially acting worse than those they're describing.

One question: Do you support this comment? (made by Tobi-Is-A-Good-Boy)

• edited December 2014

No not at all, but I figured he came from the minecraft community and it's pretty much of a "chaos"... I'm just having problems with them coming here. I just love this forum and I don't want anything to happen to it.

I just dislike the minecraft community. I hope this gives you a idea of how I think about "them".

EDIT :

Anyone new that has bought or is thinking of buying a Telltale game - I will welcome you with open arms. But I have a specific problem with minecraft. Which could sound a bit like "discrimination".

I just figure that he made a account just to ask this question for one specific game that he was interested in. Why would you have a problem with that? Is this not a place people can go to to ask questions?

• There's a difference between punishing someone and making a friendly suggestion to prevent things from getting bad. I like to think telling somebody they made a rude response is just a friendly suggestion to stop acting rude before things possibly turn worse. I'm not saying criticism isn't allowed at all and that everything must be rainbows and hugs, I'm just trying to ask you guys to behave and follow the forum guidelines.

That's typically what moderators do. ;)

Moderators do quite take their job seriously I see. This community seems to be full of rainbows. I do not like it. Just act on unacceptab

• I think they are basing their stereotypes more off of YouTube videos that cherry pick the worst possible examples of kids acting out.

Rob_K posted: »

You know, I checked out a few threads out on that forum earlier and they seemed no worse than here. Granted, I only checked out the odd one,

• Then who are you to tell them what does and does not constitute a 'problem'?

Moderators do quite take their job seriously I see. This community seems to be full of rainbows. I do not like it. Just act on unacceptab

• edited December 2014

I'm not saying that everything must be rainbows and hugs

But that sounds so nice ;-;

There's a difference between punishing someone and making a friendly suggestion to prevent things from getting bad. I like to think telling

• Flog...I want to make a petition to make these Forums rainbows and hugs....Can we....Can we do that?

Flog61 posted: »

I'm not saying that everything must be rainbows and hugs But that sounds so nice ;-;

• That's quite possible. One thing I can say for sure though is that some of them didn't seem too excited at the prospect of the game (hopefully, this doesn't make things worse, as it can do either). At least in the thread where they discussed it. I gather they might have been the older crowd though from the way they posted. Not that a person's way of posting is a err . . . surefire way to determine someone's age. ;)

I think they are basing their stereotypes more off of YouTube videos that cherry pick the worst possible examples of kids acting out.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

Guys...

Seriously.

When a user makes their first post in the Minecraft forums, you don't need to make 10,000 posts derailing their discussion to point out that they are new and that "Minecraft kiddies" will bring about the demise of the forums. It really isn't necessary in any sense of the word, and it's starting to get old.

And the game hasn't even been announced for more than a few days.

If things get out of control when the game comes out, the other Moderators and I will handle things.

However, the new users that have come so far have done nothing wrong other than to have the nerve to be new.

If a new user makes their first post on the Minecraft forums and they haven't done anything wrong, stop derailing their threads to make jokes or go on tangents about the Minecraft fanbase. It isn't funny, nor is it necessary.

Forum Guideline 1.3:

1.3 If you think a certain topic is not worth discussing, don't try to destroy the ongoing discussion. Just refrain from posting in that thread.

• We can do anything golden <3

Flog...I want to make a petition to make these Forums rainbows and hugs....Can we....Can we do that?

• You want to make the thread or me?

We can do anything golden

• Go for it, i shall add wonderful videos and photos

You want to make the thread or me?

• I'll make it in little bit.

Go for it, i shall add wonderful videos and photos

• I remember why I missed you when you left. Please don't ever leave again.

'Ugh', multiple ellipses, disjointed english to show annoyance, patronising tone etc.

• I'm surprised that you didn't closed this discussion, yet you remove comments that are about against the "Minecraft kiddies".

Guys... Seriously. When a user makes their first post in the Minecraft forums, you don't need to make 10,000 posts derailing their dis

• Because the OP didn't do anything wrong, whereas those posts were against the rules.

I'm surprised that you didn't closed this discussion, yet you remove comments that are about against the "Minecraft kiddies".

• This discussion is still ongoing while there's nothing left to discuss... The answer has been given, and the creator of this discussion has already left our forum after he heard of it.

(he might come back someday, after M released. but that's not the point.)

Because the OP didn't do anything wrong, whereas those posts were against the rules.

• This discussion is still ongoing while there's nothing left to discuss.

Why did you bump it then? ;]

This discussion is still ongoing while there's nothing left to discuss... The answer has been given, and the creator of this discussion has

• Good question, Green. Good question.

This discussion is still ongoing while there's nothing left to discuss. Why did you bump it then? ;]

This discussion has been closed.