Here's an idea, how about giving it a chance?

Ok, So I know, I'm barely around these forums anymore but when I heard about Minecraft: Story Mode, I just had to check out the forums for it and honestly? You all need to calm the hell down.

I'm skeptical as much as the next guy but at least give the game a chance, wait for screenshots, trailers, something, instead of just deciding to write off the game right away.

Also, as for people claiming that the forums will be ''overtaken'' by ''Minecraft Kids'. I just want to throw out some of these interesting facts.

-A shit ton of people including adults have played Minecraft.

-Minecraft has a shit ton of creepy elements and it isn't the cheery game it looks like. Try actually playing it on survival and allowing yourself to get into the atmosphere of the game. It can be pretty creepy at times, especially at night where there is enemies all over the place, and you can be killed at any moment, and that doesn't even begin to mention Creepers and Endermen who's low graphics make them all the more creepy during the night.

-I'm sorry, Exactly how does Minecraft Story Mode mean that TTG will just outright abandon you? The TWD and TWAU forums won't close, you'll still be able to discuss the games and in fact, TWD Season 3 is already confirmed so stop overreacting.

-Lastly, this is rather ironic coming from most of you to be honest. Why? Because back last year, a shit ton of old TTG members, including myself decided to leave these forums because of the new (And still bad forum), and the fact that TTG was doing nothing whatsoever that interested the old fans anymore and before anyone gets into a rant and talks about ''how I don't get TWD and all that'', I've played and completed TWD Seasons 1 & 2 and The Wolf Among Us and I do like them, so I'm not just complaining that they aren't making the games they used to. You guys are complaining because of Minecraft? Really? When you have TWD Season 3 on the way?

The old fans of TTG's games will likely not get another game in the adventure game style they like. You guys are still getting TWD and you guys are still getting support with the games you like. If you don't like Minecraft, then fine, don't buy it, and stay out of the Minecraft forums, but don't start crying and complaining that Minecraft fans are going to want to join here to discuss the game. Many people left because they just couldn't be bothered with this forum layout and that TTG wasn't making anything that interested us anymore.

You guys still have TWD, you still have TWAU, you still have Game of Thrones, and you still have Tales from the Borderlands. You guys should respect the Minecraft fans who want to discuss the game, the same way the old members respected the TWD fans who wanted to discuss TWD back when Season 1 was going out.

If you don't like Minecraft, that's fine, good for you, but you shouldn't be complaining because Minecraft fans want to discuss a game they are genuinely interested in, especially when you all have an entire new season of TWD on the way, along with Game of Thrones and Borderlands which is going on right now. So can we please just try be respectful to the Minecraft fans here?

Comments

• I'll give it a chance.

• No!!!!! Me rage!!!!!!! Telltale desperate for cash!!!!! Pandering to kidz!!!!!!!!! What about the majority????????? What about adult/male/straight/white rights???????

• I'm not buying it but I'll save my hate for the actual game until we get more information.

• I will buy it 100% just to see what this new Minecraft story game can do. :D

• edited December 2014

male/straight/white rights???????

you really gonna bring gender and gay rights into this? i know you are joking but come on seriously....

Flog61 posted: »

No!!!!! Me rage!!!!!!! Telltale desperate for cash!!!!! Pandering to kidz!!!!!!!!! What about the majority????????? What about adult/male/straight/white rights???????

• edited December 2014

Majority asking for preferential treatment over minority? Hence 'adult' rights?

What about adult/male/straight/white rights??????? Umm.....what does this have to do with anything?

• You missed race.

But yeah, because this is 'adults' (aka people who've been on the forum for a long time - the majority) asking for preferential treatment over and mistreating 'children' (aka people who are new to the forum, here specifically because of Minecraft).

Jewfreeus posted: »

male/straight/white rights??????? you really gonna bring gender and gay rights into this? i know you are joking but come on seriously....

• What about adult/male/straight/white rights???????

Umm.....what does this have to do with anything?

No!!!!! Me rage!!!!!!! Telltale desperate for cash!!!!! Pandering to kidz!!!!!!!!! What about the majority????????? What about adult/male/straight/white rights???????

• and what does that have to do with gay rights and gender equality? literally nothing if anything this is nothing but ageism jesus

You missed race. But yeah, because this is 'adults' (aka people who've been on the forum for a long time - the majority) asking for prefe

• 'Adults' of the telltale forum mistreating and asking for preferential treatment over 'children' of the telltale forum who joined for the minecraft games.

Analogous to campaigning for the rights of a vast majority when a minority is actually being mistreated.

What about adult/male/straight/white rights??????? Umm.....what does this have to do with anything?

• Agreed. I will silently wait for this game, watch a playthrough THEN unleash the hate.

I'm not buying it but I'll save my hate for the actual game until we get more information.

• edited December 2014

And racism* (don't know why you keep on ignoring that: racism is as serious an issue as gender and sexuality).

And...yes, it is ageism. As in, the adults saying' i don't want kids on this damn forum' is ageism: that's correct, and we need to stop it.

If you think that my comment was ageism against adults (when I am one)(ahahah)...then my analogy is even more accurate; you'd be sounding like one of those people who think gay pride parades are heterophobia and black history month is racist to white people.

and what does that have to do with gay rights and gender equality? literally nothing if anything this is nothing but ageism jesus

• I'll hate the game if it turns out to be shit...If it's okay then I'll just be quiet about it.

Agreed. I will silently wait for this game, watch a playthrough THEN unleash the hate.

• Tumblrism

And racism* (don't know why you keep on ignoring that: racism is as serious an issue as gender and sexuality). And...yes, it is ageism. A

• look all i am saying is there is no need to bring gay rights and other things into a situation that has nothing to do with it and racism has nothing to do with it either if you want to go on about those issues go make a thread about it in telltale talk instead of butting them into conversations that have nothing to do with it

And racism* (don't know why you keep on ignoring that: racism is as serious an issue as gender and sexuality). And...yes, it is ageism. A

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2014

Nice write up. Though if I may ask, what's wrong with the forum layout?

• edited December 2014

You're saying racism, sexism and homophobia have NOTHING in common with ageism at all?

I...what even...what

I put them on the same level to elucidate to people that they're wrong to treat children as badly as they are.

look all i am saying is there is no need to bring gay rights and other things into a situation that has nothing to do with it and racism has

• i never said that..... i said the other issues have nothing to do with what is going on right now it seems you just always try to find a way to bring that stuff into topics that have nothing to do with it anyway i'm done we are already derailing the thread

You're saying racism, sexism and homophobia have NOTHING in common with ageism at all? I...what even...what I put them on the same level to elucidate to people that they're wrong to treat children as badly as they are.

• Me and a lot of people just really didn't like the new forum layout when it was introduced last year and TTG was given a lot of prior notice that it wasn't liked although that seemed to be mostly ignored. It's better now than what it was before because back then, it was glitchy and extremely annoying to deal with.

dojo32161 posted: »

Nice write up. Though if I may ask, what's wrong with the forum layout?

• Was it your early Christmas present? :P

Also, our mod tools got upgraded around the summer!

• Yeah, Tumblrism is quite common now, especially with the ridiculous 'kill all SJWs' movement thing.

I think if more people went there they'd see it's the same as most websites.

(I'm aware you probably intended tumblrism to be some kind of dig at me for not being right wing, but you actually add 'ism' to things people are discriminating against, not from. As in, sex-ism is discrimination on the grounds of sex, racism is discrimination on the grounds of race, and tumblrism would hence be discrimination on the grounds that someone uses tumblr, so I ran with that description to annoy the fundies)

Tumblrism

• Also, our mod tools got upgraded around the summer! :D

Me and a lot of people just really didn't like the new forum layout when it was introduced last year and TTG was given a lot of prior notice

• edited December 2014

TWD Season 3 is already confirmed so stop overreacting

if minecraft is releasing along side twd s3 it may have the same effect twau did to twd s2 so to me the concern here is pretty fair anyway i'll probably still hang around to see how it goes but i am not gonna pay full price for this if i am feeling bored i may give it a chance if it is in a steam sale

• 'kill all SJWs'

Haha, like your all's "Kill all men" movement?

I'm aware you probably intended tumblrism to be some kind of dig at me for not being right wing,

That is dern sure what I meant. However you are derailing this thread so I recommend we stop.

Yeah, Tumblrism is quite common now, especially with the ridiculous 'kill all SJWs' movement thing. I think if more people went there the

• early

Blind...Early...

@GoldenPaladin's response got ate up by the forums: Was it your early Christmas present? :P To which I respond: Also, our mod tools got upgraded around the summer!

• Yeah, there's that too, (But only you mods know those moddy secrets and upgrades XP)

• But they are similar: the ageism prevalent here with adults prejudging children and someones age based on what games they enjoy is similar to the racism that would be present with white people prejudging Hispanic people based on what games they enjoy, hence the simile.

Basically, I'm saying that the whole situation in the wake of the Minecraft announcement is completely ridiculous, and simply made comparisons as to how ridiculous it is.

i never said that..... i said the other issues have nothing to do with what is going on right now it seems you just always try to find a way

• edited December 2014

I'll wait until we get more information before I consider giving it a chance. We literally know nothing about this game.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

@GoldenPaladin's response got ate up by the forums:

Was it your early Christmas present? :P

To which I respond:

Also, our mod tools got upgraded around the summer! :D

• early

@GoldenPaladin's response got ate up by the forums: Was it your early Christmas present? :P To which I respond: Also, our mod tools got upgraded around the summer!

• Glitch how? There used to be a lot of double posts here, they are now effectively extinct. So what did the forums used to do?

Me and a lot of people just really didn't like the new forum layout when it was introduced last year and TTG was given a lot of prior notice

• I think that was ryan's entire point. See his quote below:

I'm skeptical as much as the next guy but at least give the game a chance, wait for screenshots, trailers, something, instead of just deciding to write off the game right away.

I'll wait until we get more information before I consider giving it a chance. We literally know nothing about this game.

• Ohhh. Well, maybe? I dunno. :p

early

• Thank you. That was my point entirely. You can't just decide to say a game is bad when you don't have a clue what it looks like or what it'll be like. The least you can do is give it a chance and wait until we get screenshots, a trailer or something.

I think that was ryan's entire point. See his quote below: I'm skeptical as much as the next guy but at least give the game a chance, wait for screenshots, trailers, something, instead of just deciding to write off the game right away.

• Posts getting deleted and the whole not working right on mobile devices still exist in bad form sadly...However we found a way to get around that disappearing post glitch!

Posts getting deleted, mod tools not being up to snuff, the forum not working correctly at all on mobile devices, and so much more. In fact, looking at old threads as well, it for some reason repeats an entire page of posts as well.

• Posts getting deleted, mod tools not being up to snuff, the forum not working correctly at all on mobile devices, and so much more.

In fact, looking at old threads as well, it for some reason repeats an entire page of posts as well.

Glitch how? There used to be a lot of double posts here, they are now effectively extinct. So what did the forums used to do?

• Posts getting deleted and the whole not working right on mobile devices still exist in bad form sadly...However we found a way to get around that disappearing post glitch!

Posts getting deleted, mod tools not being up to snuff, the forum not working correctly at all on mobile devices, and so much more. In fact, looking at old threads as well, it for some reason repeats an entire page of posts as well.

• I think the mobile Is pretty good right now, a lot better than when I first looked at it on my phone.

Posts getting deleted and the whole not working right on mobile devices still exist in bad form sadly...However we found a way to get around that disappearing post glitch!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

In fact, looking at old threads as well, it for some reason repeats an entire page of posts as well.

That's a deliberate (but weird) design choice. Each page displays 10 top layer comments. If you are on the latest page, then it will mix in the new top layer comments with top layer comments from the previous page so that each page displays 10 comments no matter what page you are on. It wasn't always that way, but I don't know when it was added.

Whenever a new page is started, it will show the first new comment at the bottom and the nine comments from the previous page up top. It's kinda weird, but once you understand the logic of it, it makes it a little less confusing.

• It might be, it's still pretty bad on my phone...Might just be me. :/

I think the mobile Is pretty good right now, a lot better than when I first looked at it on my phone.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.