Reminder of Forum Guideline 1.3 - If you don't like a topic, don't destroy the ongoing discussion...

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

[Grabs megaphone]

...Is this thing on?

[Clears throat]

(1.3) - If you think a certain topic is not worth discussing, don't try to destroy the ongoing discussion. Just refrain from posting in that thread.

I've noticed that community members from other games such as Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, etc are going out of their way to purposefully derail threads posted by new Minecraft fans who joined the forums. I'm disappointed to see this happening by members who should instead be setting a good example, so I'm posting this thread to remind you all.

If a new user posts a Minecraft thread, and you derail their on-topic discussion with jokes/rants/etc about the Minecraft fan base, you are breaking the forum guidelines. We want this to stop, so I will start acting against people who purposefully derail threads and/or act rude towards new Minecraft users who have not done anything wrong.

I'm disappointed that I have to make a whole new thread reminding you guys of what should be a basic rule. If a new user acts rowdy, report their post with the flag button. If they say something you think is silly, just don't say anything if you can't contribute to the discussion.

Comments

• So True, Maybe the other users don't know that the posters are new, but regardless we have to be considerate of them, Alt text

• I didn't understand what you meant at first, but I did some digging and found a lot of members who I honestly had a lot of respect for trashing this idea and attacking Minecraft fans. It's disgusting and I'm going to make sure a mod sees this thread, because clearly this guideline isn't being enforced whatsoever.

• It's disgusting and I'm going to make sure a mod sees this thread, because clearly this guideline isn't being enforced whatsoever.

I am a mod; that's why I made this thread. I've been far too lenient up until now, but I didn't want to start acting against this without letting you all know why beforehand.

I didn't understand what you meant at first, but I did some digging and found a lot of members who I honestly had a lot of respect for trash

• Oh crap, didn't realize it was you, lol. I sometimes don't check what the name of the OP is :D

It's disgusting and I'm going to make sure a mod sees this thread, because clearly this guideline isn't being enforced whatsoever. I

• edited December 2014

Hey community:

Alt text

• edited December 2014

Thanks for spreading my idea that the old members should be an example to the new ones.

• Thanks for putting this up. It's sad to see some people who have been here for the same amount of time as me, or even longer, acting like this.

• Also, if you guys could overusing gifs, that would be nice. Pictures in moderation (like how it is in this thread) are OK, but when entire discussions consist of nothing but gifs and memes mocking Minecraft users, it simply doesn't make for good discussion.

...why, wouldn't you know it? There's also a forum guideline about that too.

3.2 Please use accents like large letters, highlighted text, all caps, pictures, animated gifs, emoticons etc. sparingly. Keep images small enough to stay within the message boundaries.

Despite you all worrying about Minecraft kids not obeying the rules and "ruining" the forums, it seems some of you guys are already doing that yourselves by purposefully derailing on topic discussions and overusing gifs/memes/pictures/etc. Please try to set a better example for the new users instead of showing them how not to act. Thanks.

• Blind i sent you a PM.

Also, if you guys could overusing gifs, that would be nice. Pictures in moderation (like how it is in this thread) are OK, but when entire d

• The reason people in the forum are acting agaisnt the new users is because they believe that the new users are under 12 and are immature.

• ...and in doing so, the same group of people are acting exactly like how they fear the Minecraft kids will act. That's kind of the whole point I'm trying to make. Obviously, I'm not saying everybody is acting this way, but it's disappointing that some select people are.

The reason people in the forum are acting agaisnt the new users is because they believe that the new users are under 12 and are immature.

• Surprisingly, this community can be a bit scary when it comes to liking or looking forward to a Telltale game. But when the game (episode) finally does come out people tend to chill and realize that it's not the end of the world (I can't wait for that moment).

• I guess mainly the 12-16 year olds that the TWD fanbase unfortunately consists of in huge numbers (fans of a 17+ game, mind you) fear that the most.

As soon as one member's ten months younger "little" sister turns up in our forums, there'll be hell to pay! ;)

The reason people in the forum are acting agaisnt the new users is because they believe that the new users are under 12 and are immature.

• This. So much. People need to grow the fuck up. If you don't like the topic, then leave. We get most of you are pissed about this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.