Does anyone like the storytelling angle?

Where Rhys and Fiona are telling the story to that one guy who has them both?

Seems like there was disagreement between the two, and they're both alive and what have. Depending on how long it takes to reach up to where they're at now, they have plot armor essentially and kind of ruins that tiny sense of suspense to me.

Otherwise adore the first episode.

Comments

• I think it's original and quite interesting.

While we know Rhys and Fiona are alive by the end of the fourth episode, we basically knew that already. Just as we knew Clem would be alive by the end of season 2, because we have to play as the protagonist (or, here, protagonists) throughout the story.

There's still suspense and question marks though. Where are Vaughn and Sasha being perhaps the biggest one.

• I like it, it gives a great spin on story telling.

• The tension isn't so much on 'will they get out of this', because it's not that kind of story. The tension is from double dealings and back-biting. It's less about 'will they survive' and more 'how far are they willing to go?'

I would expect the series to leave them with less and less to loose, and more and more incentive to turn on each other. And I mean, it's a comedy. I imagine showing both your characters alive was supposed to tell you 'things are gonna be okay for your guys, be willing to make the crazy choices'. The sort of stuff you might stray from with Lee or Clementine, where the stakes are literally life and death and the future much more uncertain. Fortune favours the bold!

Also, bear in mind that their friends have no such armor. I mean, that's no doubt why they gave them very sort of friendly, likable, physically small and inexperienced sibling-stand-ins, with Vaughan and Sasha.

• I love it. It makes the story very interesting because they are both unreliable narrators. You have to guess and come to your own conclusion on what happened. Also, because "we" are the one who plays these unreliable narrators, we are the one who tailor the story in a way.

• I love that Telltale are branching out with their storytelling style - multiple protagonists, unreliable narrators, and flashbacks - they all lead to a much richer narrative and are wonderful for world-building. I also think everything fits the tone really well - I think with comedy they have a lot more wiggle room to experiment with, I hope that they continue to push boundaries and have with fun it!

• I enjoy the "How we got here" angle going on, especially as the two tailor their stories to suit their own ends. Plus we have a wealth of side characters (Such as Sasha and Vaughn) who we have no idea what happens to yet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.