How do you think the relationship between Rhys and Loader Bot will pan out?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2015

Except when they can kill the momentum that the episode built up so well, Tales is fine for where it is, puzzles would be okay, except they can come across too gamey for the respected setting.

I honestly feel like the puzzles in TWD S1 kind of took me out of the game's environment in some ways, find this key, find these batteries, solve this tedious train puzzle, fix this board which apparently is a HUGE deal, distract Andy, etc.

I don't think Telltale can make fun puzzles anymore.

Puzzles can work in any setting, it's just problem solving. There are plenty of problems on Pandora.

• edited January 2015

The "puzzles" in TWD weren't puzzles. They were busywork. "Click on the only objects on screen until you click on the right one" doesn't really count as a puzzle either.

Puzzles can also be used in dramatic climactic scenes, and actually increase the tension if done properly. Look at the ending sequence of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge. You have only a few seconds in each room to look around and try to figure out what to do before LeChuck walks in and attacks you, sending you to another room. That certainly didn't kill the momentum, it made the final confrontation with LeChuck a frantic and desperate search for a solution.

Tales of Monkey Island is the pinnacle of Telltale's game design, and includes quite a few great puzzles, none of which break up the momentum of the episodes, or lessen the dramatic punches the game deals in later episodes.

J-Master posted: »

Except when they can kill the momentum that the episode built up so well, Tales is fine for where it is, puzzles would be okay, except they

• Felicity.Also some loaders have female voices

Exactly.

• Honestly, in order to have something like puzzles being used in dramatic sequences, there has to be proper buildup in difficulty of puzzles, and a lot of proper setup for that puzzle alone. That process would heavily take away from the story focus that TTG has now. Tales of Monkey Island is, from a story standpoint, kinda garbage. It pretty much pisses on the legacy of the previous Monkey Island games, and is just all around pretty lame in what it brings to the table. I didn't have much fun with it, anyways. The Walking Dead, however, told a great story, and it told it very well, with few hiccups here and there. Overall, I had more fun with The Walking Dead than I did any other game on my Xbox, aside from Bastion, and Xcom: Enemy Unknown.

The "puzzles" in TWD weren't puzzles. They were busywork. "Click on the only objects on screen until you click on the right one" doesn't r

• Would definitely choose Loader Bot, sorry Vaughn

• He'll probably be more of a comedy character than someone very pivotal to the plot or anything. Hopefully the father-son relationship thing will continue.

• I completely disagree and think that Tales of Monkey Island was by far the pinnacle of merging story narrative with puzzle gameplay design.

Harpadarpa posted: »

Honestly, in order to have something like puzzles being used in dramatic sequences, there has to be proper buildup in difficulty of puzzles,

• Aside from some instances of the Toys of Power being used to hold the player's hand instead of being used for puzzle solving, I'd say that Devil's Playhouse holds that position in my own personal opinion.

I completely disagree and think that Tales of Monkey Island was by far the pinnacle of merging story narrative with puzzle gameplay design.

• He is my son. Enough said. :)

• edited February 2015

"R-Rhys-Senpai...you saved my life, I'm so glad you finally noticed me!" exclaimed Loader Bot-Chan, the screws holding his metal joints together feeling a little too loose in the presence of his handsome savior. He hoped Rhys-Senpai noticed the extra tarnish and the new paint on his frame today. "How can I ever repay you?"

"Shh, Loader Bot-Chan...." whispered Rhys-Senpai, his crystal blue eye focusing on the robot's shiny screen. He pulled out a mini screwdriver from his cyborg limb and tightened a loose screw in Loader Bot-Chan's chest compartment. "Let's give you a little 'touch up'" said Rhys-Senpai. Loader Bot-Chan had never felt this way before....could it be true love?

rest of epic love saga available in select bookstores while supplies last.

• Where can I purchase this amazing book?!? I'm throwing cash at my screen but nothing is happening.

"R-Rhys-Senpai...you saved my life, I'm so glad you finally noticed me!" exclaimed Loader Bot-Chan, the screws holding his metal joints toge

• At the end of Episode 5, Rhys will have to put down Loaderbot in a scene that not only mirrors but exceeds the depressing ending of Walking Dead: Season 1. Rhys will have the option of amputating his cyber arm to temporarily prolong Loaderbot's life, but either way, Loaderbot will always die.

• edited February 2015

Rhys- "You're strong Loader Bot...you can do anything"

Loader Bot- "...But I'm little."

Rhys- "No you're not!"

At the end of Episode 5, Rhys will have to put down Loaderbot in a scene that not only mirrors but exceeds the depressing ending of Walking

• I liked The Walking Dead season 1 best. Then again, I never got into the Sam and Max series at all.

Aside from some instances of the Toys of Power being used to hold the player's hand instead of being used for puzzle solving, I'd say that Devil's Playhouse holds that position in my own personal opinion.

• edited February 2015

"How do you think the relationship between Rhys and Loader Bot will pan out?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC49uRsKmR8

Or they'll be like Flynn and Max from Tangled XD

Alt text

And at the end of it all they're just like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOISj7YSjaU

• Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex.

Flog61 posted: »

Why're you calling it he when it has no sex

• I'll let Loader Bot self-destruct AND I will sell out Vaughn, so we'll see if that will matter when "Bro vs Bot" achievement happens. Because Loader Bot will already be mad at you for making him explode. Just how will Vaughn react when he learns you'll sell him out?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.