Wallace & Gromit Episode 3 - Muzzled - now available!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited November 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
muzzled_blog.jpg

Get ready for a grand day out at Monty Muzzle's fundraiser fair!

The torrential storm that poured down on West Wallaby Street in our last episode has had a tragic consequence: destruction of the local dog shelter. As a result, homeless pups are roaming the streets, including a trio of whippets who are throwing a wrench spanner in Wallace's plans to start his own ice cream business. Luckily a do-gooder named Monty Muzzle has come to town to hold a fundraiser fair, with all proceeds earmarked for the reconstruction of the shelter. Is Muzzle's offer legit? Gromit doesn't think so... and now the resourceful dog must find a way to warn everyone in town of Muzzle's uncharitable plans!

The episode is now available! Buy it here as an individual episode for $8.95, or as part of the $34.95 season bundle.

You'll find some screenshots here.

See the smooth-talking Monty Muzzle in action in this video.

Comments

• Well that is great news :)

How come that I could read about the release day on strategy informer before here? I mean this should be the place to get the news first, right?

Peter
  • Interesting. We all know Monty Mole is evil cause Gromit the Untalking dog is a genius.
  • edited June 2009
    a. when will we see a gameplay video.

b. who does the voice of Monty Muzzle. I think it should have been Rik Mayall

c. whats a whippet
  • edited June 2009
    Seen the screenshots, they look great. I'll clean out my June 16th evening programme :D
  • edited June 2009
    Wheeeeeee! I can barely wait :D
  • edited June 2009
    although the episode isn't out yet for some reason i like the looks of Monty Muzzle. he looks really interesting. also i want to know what new areas are in this episode. i know there is Muzzles carnival but what else. and i could not help but notice a character from last time Duncan McBiscuit. i guess W&G will save him at one point.

p.s i still don't know what a whippet is.
  • edited June 2009
    Excellent news..
  • edited June 2009
    W&G156 wrote: »
    although the episode isn't out yet for some reason i like the looks of Monty Muzzle. he looks really interesting. also i want to know what new areas are in this episode. i know there is Muzzles carnival but what else. and i could not help but notice a character from last time Duncan McBiscuit. i guess W&G will save him at one point.

p.s i still don't know what a whippet is.

A whippet is a small greyhound.
  • edited June 2009
    Great birthday present. But I guess I will have to wait until 17. because I bought the series on steam.
  • edited June 2009
    Hmm... Do I want to skip sleeping tonight so I could play this? (I have to go to work at 3am.) ... ... I think I will. :D :currently downloading at 43%:
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
  • edited June 2009
    If Monty Muzzle did anything bad to Twitch, I'm gonna kill him! :mad:
  • edited June 2009
    Even on STEAM :D

So quickly, I'm impressed. Going to play some Balls of Steel pinball while I wait for this to download.
  • edited June 2009
    That intro sequence was a whole lot of Wallace talking :( I'm sure it'll get better when I start playing again, but all that exposition really put me out of the mood to play. I'll go back to it tomorrow.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Do me a favor and just get through the intro ;) There was a lot to set up!

Also: Monty Muzzle is voiced by Struan Rodgers, an incredible British actor. I think by the time you reach the end of the game, you'll agree that he is UNBELIEVABLE.
  • edited June 2009
    Do me a favor and just get through the intro ;) There was a lot to set up!

Also: Monty Muzzle is voiced by Struan Rodgers, an incredible British actor. I think by the time you reach the end of the game, you'll agree that he is UNBELIEVABLE.

Trust the designer guys. Best episode ever. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Best one yet! From the fair to the end this is brilliant. Monty Muzzle was I think the best villain yet in a Telltale game, well, until Lechuck that is :).
  • edited June 2009
    Can't wait to play that (gotta go to work now though).

But it looks like W&G is completely overshadowed by TMI now... it didn't even get an image on the main page this time!
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, it's the first time I can think of that a newly released Telltale game did not get top billing on the main page.
  • edited June 2009
    Finished it.
    Best episode yet, as I'm sure everyone will agree.
  • edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »

Congrats, Telltale, unlike some people who wait until the end of the day to put things out (*cough* For Valve, today means 11:49 that night*cough*) you got it out the previous day. :p Nice. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Best episode yet, as I'm sure everyone will agree.

Indeed, finished it around an hour and a half ago. Puzzles were a bit harder, an incredibly great villain (such a good performance, he needs to appear in a short too), a lot of focus on Gromit and an awesome finale and ending.

Hopefully the next and last will be at least just as good or even better :D
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah I would say this was definitely the best W&G to date. :D
  • edited June 2009
    i want to get it but i can't. but i want to know something. apparantly the two dogs Poodgie woo and Tinkie wee from The Last Resort apear at one point. where is that?
  • edited June 2009
    Awesome game, kept me guessing on a few parts but I made it through!
  • edited June 2009
    It was a bit short, but nice to see a new location. :D And the cliffhanger ending was very interesting, I can't wait to see how THAT will be resolved.

Was the cow model the same as the one from Sam and Max and Bone?
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Teeth wrote: »
    was the cow model the same as the one from sam and max and bone?

mayyyyyyyyybe.
  • edited June 2009
    I kinda missed a "they're probably hiding a cow" reference somewhere :D.
  • edited June 2009
    I kinda missed a "they're probably hiding a cow" reference somewhere :D.

There is a cow in this episode? Then it already has a place in the top 3 of the best episodes EVER.
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    That intro sequence was a whole lot of Wallace talking :( I'm sure it'll get better when I start playing again, but all that exposition really put me out of the mood to play. I'll go back to it tomorrow.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess - I just loved the intro. The whole scene was sooooo Wallace ;)
  • edited June 2009
    W&G156 wrote: »
    apparantly the two dogs Poodgie woo and Tinkie wee from The Last Resort apear at one point. where is that?
    Just where they belong, in a jail cell. Take a peek through the window on the side of the police office.
  • edited June 2009
    Love the Preston reference on the Dog Food can
    Maybe he'll be in The Bogey Man
    Also, when the heck are you guys gonna stick Feathers McGraw in there?
    If he isn't in The Bogey Man, then I will be heartbroken because he is a must-have character in the series
  • edited June 2009
    It could have been great, but it was way too short. :(
  • edited June 2009
    where the official walkthrough?
  • edited June 2009
    This really was the best episode. Monty is the best Telltale-created character in the W&G-world, for sure. I loved it all, the dogs, the carnival (the inside of Monty's head is an amazing scene!), the Psychonauts-esque presentations on Monty's life, the crazy finale, all of it!

Awesome!
  • edited June 2009
    Excellent. A couple of sequences were genuinely touching, but it's the astonishing ending which really held my breath in a way that videogames rarely achieve. Music and voice acting were superb (
    I particularly loved the theme played inside of the Muzzler
    ). Congratulations to Sean and all the team!
  • edited June 2009
    I had a brief spell with Muzzled yesterday. So far, it's as charming as its predecessors (I'm in the middle of the fair games at the moment), and I have to admit that I don't even realize anymore that I play with the keyboard. I also have to admit that I never expected to be beaten by a chicken at tic-tac-toe :D

Monty Muzzle, then. First, I'm happy that for the first time, Gromit has a worthy adversary - it creates much more tension. Then, about the voice actor - he was really excellent. One minute he was singing to Wallace like a siren, next minute at the fair I thought he was inches from kicking Gromit just for being a dog. Finally, his lines are also excellent - congratulations to the writer also.

That reminds me of a question. Generally, how much feedback do the VOs contribute to their lines? I assume they're not involved in the writing and get a complete set, but how much is that changed / refined afterwards?
  • edited June 2009
    puerulus wrote: »
    It could have been great, but it was way too short. :(

Agreed. But apparantly we are alone.
  • edited June 2009
    SuperBosco wrote: »
    where the official walkthrough?

Yeah where is it?
  • edited June 2009
    leChuckie wrote: »
    Agreed. But apparantly we are alone.
    Not really: I posted my comment about the very short time it took me to complete this episode into another thread.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.