Wallace & Gromit Episode 3 - Muzzled - now available!

2»

Comments

• seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    That reminds me of a question. Generally, how much feedback do the VOs contribute to their lines? I assume they're not involved in the writing and get a complete set, but how much is that changed / refined afterwards?

They'll contribute the odd line here and there, but any changes we make in studio are usually everybody (myself, the actor and the casting/voice director) talking them out.

One that sticks out: when Dibbins says "That Monty Muzzle's sound as a pound if you ask me," I originally had written as something else, but I didn't like it when I heard it so we thew a bunch of other lines at the actor (the FANTASTIC Dean Williamson) and "sound as a pound" just came out brilliantly.

But generally (95% of the time) we stay on script.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    SuperBosco wrote: »
    Yeah where is it?

It will be up in a day or two. Things have been a little swamped around here. In the meantime, feel free to hit up the hints forum if you get stumped.
  • edited June 2009
    They'll contribute the odd line here and there, but any changes we make in studio are usually everybody (myself, the actor and the casting/voice director) talking them out.

One that sticks out: when Dibbins says "That Monty Muzzle's sound as a pound if you ask me," I originally had written as something else, but I didn't like it when I heard it so we thew a bunch of other lines at the actor (the FANTASTIC Dean Williamson) and "sound as a pound" just came out brilliantly.

But generally (95% of the time) we stay on script.

Thanks! :)

Btw., I've finished the game 10 minutes ago. It's yet another excellent episode, congratulations!
    Also, surprisingly, for me it has the sickest item in any Telltale game yet:
    the goldfish flavoured ice cream
    :D
  • edited June 2009
    Loved the game! The ending was pretty crazy, too! :O
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    If you're still deciding whether to buy the game, maybe Monty himself can convince you...
  • edited June 2009
    the sickest item in any Telltale game yet:
    the goldfish flavoured ice cream
    :D

The sickest would be the Cake of the Damned flavoured ice cream!
  • edited June 2009
    SuperBosco wrote: »
    The sickest would be the Cake of the Damned flavoured ice cream!

Nope, I still go with the
    goldfish flavour
    . If for nothing else, then the circumstances of its creation :D
  • edited June 2009
    Finished it.
    Best episode yet, as I'm sure everyone will agree.

At least I agree. I really enjoyed the fact that I played with Gromit for so long. :p

I hope they will continue right after the end of the episode in the next one. If they just pretend it never happened like they did with the end of Episode 1 I am going to get a pitchfork and hunt those programmers and writers down.
    :mad:
  • edited June 2009
    Just finished the episode loved it. The only weak point in my opinion was almost at the end it had too strong similarities to episode 1 in that area, actually the same sequence was funnier in episode 1.
    But besides that the ending was brilliant!
  • edited June 2009
    Certainly the best episode so far. I was sort of disappointed with episode two as it didn't introduce any new locations, but Muzzled was nearly all set in brand new environments. The graphical quality certainly stood out inside the Muzzler™ and the fair with the blurring as things moved in and out of focus. Voice acting and music was as always top rate, and a special appreciation for Monty Muzzle - certainly very skilled with the 'good' and 'evil' voices. My only problem with the game was that, despite its excitement and fun, the ending was too similar to episode one. Apart from that, well done!
  • edited June 2009
    That was a fantastic episode of Wallace and Gromit! What really made it for me was the fantastic voice acting of Monty Muzzle. Can't wait for The Bogey Man!
  • edited June 2009
    Ice cream flavoured ice cream is like dividing by zero.
  • edited June 2009
    I have had trouble installing this game. I downloaded the setup and it said "INSTALLER INTEGRITY CHECK HAS FAILED. COMMON CAUSES INCLUDE INCOMPLETE DOWNLOAD AND DAMAGED MEDIA. CONTACT THE INSTALLER'S AUTHOR TO OBTAIN A NEW COPY....anyone else had this problem? i tried twice, with the same result. little help?
  • edited June 2009
    I have had trouble installing this game. I downloaded the setup and it said "INSTALLER INTEGRITY CHECK HAS FAILED. COMMON CAUSES INCLUDE INCOMPLETE DOWNLOAD AND DAMAGED MEDIA. CONTACT THE INSTALLER'S AUTHOR TO OBTAIN A NEW COPY....anyone else had this problem? i tried twice, with the same result. little help?

Tips:
    - Bad download
    - Existing virus infection on your machine (not sure about the platform you have, though)
  • edited June 2009
    thank you...i'll try again. I have a Windows XP, and the first 2 W&G games have worked perfectly.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    thanks for all the feedback -- and i will be the first to say I sort of punted on the ending -- I knew I wanted a big theatrical chase, and I was definitely influenced by the ep1 chase that was being created while I was working. i hoped there would be enough new and different to not feel like a call-back (apparently i wasn't 100% successful ;))

again though, i'm glad you all played it and seemed to enjoy it for the most part. creating monty muzzle was the funnest part of the entire process -- i knew I wanted him to be sharp, quick and angular in comparison to all the roley-poley citzens of West Wallaby -- and I didn't want him to be your typical carnival carny con-man. Ryan Jones (of Monkey Island concept art fame) and I worked together to develop his visual style, I wrote the script and then when I heard Struan Rodgers, the voice actor of Muzzle, it all just clicked. it was a great experience and I'm always going to have a very soft part in my cold, black heart for Monty Muzzle.
  • edited June 2009
    W&G156 wrote: »
    a. when will we see a gameplay video.

b. who does the voice of Monty Muzzle. I think it should have been Rik Mayall

c. whats a whippet

a whippet is a small greyhound
  • edited June 2009
    i want to get it but i can't. but i want to know something. apparantly the two dogs Poodgie woo and Tinkie wee from The Last Resort apear at one point. where is that?

they are in prison look through the bars
  • edited June 2009
    Just finished Muzzled, fantastic best one so far
  • edited July 2009
    very good episode, really deserves more promotion than it's getting with MI overshadowing things.
  • edited July 2009
    Can i just ask. i have seen the videos on youtube on how to get through Muzzled but the person who did it missed a bit and i found the picture of it.

Here is the link:http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14330734/wallace-gromits-grand-adventures-episode-3-muzzled/images/wallace-gromits-grand-adventures-episode-3-muzzled-20090612091123421.html

what does it mean?
  • edited July 2009
    Can i just ask. i have seen the videos on youtube on how to get through Muzzled but the person who did it missed a bit and i found the picture of it.

Here is the link:http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14330734/wallace-gromits-grand-adventures-episode-3-muzzled/images/wallace-gromits-grand-adventures-episode-3-muzzled-20090612091123421.html

what does it mean?

The picture is from one of the
    movie machines at the fair that tell you about Monty's history
    . What it does is
    give you the knowledge you need to solve one of the puzzles.
  • edited August 2009
    Regarding "probably hiding a cow". Here's the clip:
    http://files.telltalegames.com/samandmax/music/midtowncowboys.mp3
  • edited August 2009
    Why is this still a sticky?
  • edited August 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Why is this still a sticky?
    Because Telltale is that busy with ToMI that they do not much attention to W&G any longer: No new sticky threads when the "Bogey Man" came out, and for the "Muzzled!" walkthrough (that was delayed by several weeks!) they did not even take the time to insert some screenshots, like for the first two episodes. - I am extremely disappointed how Telltale neglects W&G now that ToMI is out. :mad::(:mad::(:mad:
  • edited November 2009
    I'm having an issue downloading the Muzzled setup file (with Firefox 3). It keeps quitting on me about 2/3rds of the way through, saying something about not being able to read the source file. I checked to make sure the hard drive is OK and has plenty of space. I have no trouble with other downloads (any size). Any ideas?
  • edited November 2009
    Peculiar. I hadn't any trouble with the Muzzled download, perhaps try using a different browser? Google Chrome is a spiffy Firefox replacement, I've found.
  • edited November 2009
    Nope. It's not the browser. IE 8 has the same issue, at around the same place in the file 330+ MB. IE says the connection with the server was reset. Tried twice with it. I give up. If you guys fix your problem, give me a holler.
  • edited November 2009
    For those of you experiencing trouble downloading the full file, can I suggest a download manager, something like http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
  • edited November 2009
    Nope! It gets to 99% with FDM, then sits there forever.

ProblemStillYours.jpg

There's a chunk of this file that your server refuses to cough up to me. And I'll say this again: I don't have any problems with any other downloading, or uploading for that matter.

Update: It finally finished. But as you can see, there's an issue here. I had enough time to notice the halt, stare at it a while, get angry again, think about what to do, alt-printscreen it to Paintshop Pro, save it, upload it to my Skydrive, and post it here, along with the above message. I know what I'm doing. Think about the frustration for those who don't.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.