An Idea

Okay I just had this idea, and I want to know if it sounds good or not.

So take a game such as Tales From The Borderlands where you play as two characters - Fiona and Rhys, but make a co-op mode so that one person plays as Fiona, the other plays as Rhys. However make it go further, and create an online co-op mode, so you play with a random person as either character and watch each other make decisions that play out with the story. You can even have 'Game Chat' to communicate with one another and perhaps give advice on the choices you could both make, as each episode comes out you could perhaps add the other person on your consoles friends list and play each of the episodes with them.

For other games such as Game of Thrones with multiple characters, have lobbies with 2-3 players for characters and such. I just wanted to apply this to Tales From The Borderlands, since it's two protagonists and as such it'd be easier to apply for online co-op with friends or random people.

But does this idea sound good? Should Telltale take it on board? What do you guys think?

Comments

• No, not really, Not to mention, multiplier TellTale engine is unfathomable

• No thank you. Telltale needs to stay far away from multiplayer.

• It sounds good on paper but in exectution it'd be hard to pull off. Especially when they only have 1-2 months to make each episode. Also, what if you don't have any friends D:

• My friends would fuck with me and make every wrong decision on purpose :p

PoopBrown posted: »

It sounds good on paper but in exectution it'd be hard to pull off. Especially when they only have 1-2 months to make each episode. Also, what if you don't have any friends

• Sounds boring for a Telltale game. It's one thing to play co op together at the same time, but to watch someone else play a segment while you sit there waiting? Nah. You can just hand off the controller to a friend for that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.