Is the "Live" developement useful at all? Or it just slows things?

I know that Telltale uses the "live" developement to make games: they make each episode separately, and the next one is not completed until the previous is out. This allows to see how people play and steer the story or the content of each episode.

But.

It's a double edged sword: it helps to tailor the experience, but it can lead to delays. And maybe changes are too subtle that one can't even notice. And most of us probably made at least some of "unpopular" choices during they playthrough, so at the end the hard work behind it is not used.

Now, given that you can't change the story too much as it's planned from long before (even before the starting of each series all the major plot-points and characters are defined), and any changes can lead to enormous delays (see TWAU ep.2): do you think the "live" developement is useful at all? Or it drags down the whole TTG experience with all the delays and rushed things?

Would you exchange the "live" developement with a more exact and scheduled release and a refined experience?

Comments

• I don't have previous "personal" experience with telltale's releases, having played Sam & Max and TWAU after their completion. I was on the outside of the wait for season 2 of twdg, giving my sister updates as a friend was predicting trailer releases and such. Of course, I found it funny then, and I wish I could laugh at the wait now.

Personally, I enjoy the company gives us a bit of a chance to influence the story beyond just pushing buttons. Heck they're more than likely going to skim over this thread. Even though it's a hidden sort of involvement, it's still appreciated.

Of course, it would be more apreciated if we were given more reassurances that "soon" is coming sooner rather than eventually like we've known for three months on end.

• Yes. FAR more appreciated. :-)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.