At Any Cost (NEW INTERACTIVE FANFIC)

edited February 2015 in Forum Games

Hey guys! So I sadly discontinued my first story, but the reason I did that was so that I could move on to much better things, and this story is one of them. My aim for this story is to make a significant emotional impact on all of the readers in some way.

This story will be episodic with choices (Obviously) like The Walking Dead Game. At Any Cost will feature Five protagonist viewpoints across Six episodes, similar to Telltale's Game of Thrones. There will be three male protagonists and two female protagonists.

EPISODES

Episode 1 - A New Life

Episode 2 - The Chaos Ahead

Episode 3 - TBA

Episode 4 - TBA

Episode 5 - TBA

Episode 6 - TBA

PROTAGONISTS

Declan: Declan is a young man with promising new opportunities and a bright future ahead of him. This all changes when he supposedly murders his father for unknown reasons. When the apocalypse first begins, he escapes from prison and is introduced to a dark new world outside.

Hannah: Hannah is a young and vibrant woman who had everything handed to her in life due to her parents being filthy rich. When the apocalypse starts, she is left helpless when popularity, money, and looks don't matter anymore in a world ruled by the dead.

David: A man in his mid-30's, David is a lonely retired U.S. Marine. David has never found it in his heart to care about anyone but his younger brother Lucas, hence his heavy protection of him when the apocalypse starts.

You will also be able to submit characters for the story. Here are the instructions.

Name:

Back story:

Skill:

Relationships:

Personality:

Appearance:

Something Interesting About Yourself:

Characters Waiting To Be Introduced: Fiona Roberts, Violet Mora, Shouna Willows, Sasha Mirnov, Holly Baker, Matt Dameon, George Lottmann, Emily, Kat Lawrence, Agnes

Introduced Characters:

More news and updates will be coming very soon. Enjoy!

Comments

• Name: Fiona Roberts

Something Interesting About Herself: Farmer

Backstory: His mother died on birth and his father always blamed her for that. He always abused of her , verbally and phsycally. He died one died from alchocol abuse. She married to her neighboor , Lawrence. He was a lovely and caring man , but usually dumb. He died on car accident. She lived in the countryside before the ZA started with her sons. When it started her sons(Hector and Gabriel) went to the town to look for their girlfriends. Only Hector came back and alone, One night , bandits came and tortured them , killed Hector and ate him. After that they r*** Fiona so many times. She got free when others bandits attacked the ones that got her. Beacuse of the trauma she got multiple personality disorder. She is always looking for medicine for disorder.

Personality: Her original personality is defenlees but brave and caring about people. Her "angry" personality is the one that go out when someone do an "evil" thing like letting someone die or kill brutally e gets angry and starts to killg zombies/people and destroing thing because of it. Her "emotional" personality is he one that go out because she remember something sad or someone say something like that. She starts crying and felling bad

Appearance: She has got short curly blonde hair and blue eyes. She wears a grey and black shirt blue pants , brown boots.. She is 5,7 feet tall

Relationships: Everyone gone

Skill: Not much

• Very interesting character!

supersagig posted: »

Name: Fiona Roberts Gender: Female Something Interesting About Herself: Farmer Age: 44 Backstory: His mother died on birth and h

• Name: Violet Mora

Skills: Strategy , calm down people

Backstory: She was always a lonely person. She had a few friends , but hse feel that they weren´t really her friends. You left university 3 months ago because she got pregnant. You didn´t abort the baby because even if she wanted , she didn´t want to not let it have the chance to live. Her parents died in car accident when she was 15.

Personality: She never want to harm anyone , even if they are hurting her. She is the kind of person who calm down people instead of just making them get more mad. She is very caring and helpful and will try to help everybody.

Appearance: red short curly hair , green eyes , white skin 5,9 feet tall. Wears a grey shirt , blue pants , black shoes , green socks.

Relationships: Loves one dead

Something Interesting About Yourself: Likes poetry

• Name: Shouna Willows

Skills: Run and she went to karate , so she knows a bit of combat :P

Backstory: She lived in a small neighboor all her life. She was bullied because of having the eyes of differemt colors. One day , she even got beaten up so that she was in coma 2 months in the hospital. Her parents never give a shit about her. Her mother was a drug addict and her father left them when she was 4. She always spent most of the time in her grandparents , Joana and Edward , house. They were the only one who cared about her , but they died in a car accident 1 month ago.

Personality: She spent most the time for herself and doesn´t talk to much. If someone is nice to her , she will be nice to him/her too. She freeze in danger situations.

Appearance: white skin , 5,4 feet tall , gold short curly hair , left eye blue and the right one is green.

Something Interesting About Yourself: Likes singing and practicing karate

Relationships: Loved ones dead

• edited February 2015

Name: Sasha Mirnov

backstory: Sasha's dad was a police officer who disagreed with most of her life choices. Her dad would take her out to the shooting range very often, she developed a great aim. Sasha's father was killed on her 16th birthday by a known serial killer. Sasha's mom was horrible and wicked, abusing Sasha multiple times. Sasha ran away from home and lived with one of her friends so she could get away from that.

skills: Marksmanship,

personality: Loving and generous, but sometimes cold to those she doesn't trust. She isn't afraid to make decisions.

appearance: Pale skin, Grey eyes, long brownish-blonde hair, 6'7''

something: plays guitar, drug user.

relationships: Her girlfriend Holly.

Name: Holly Baker

backstory: Holly had the good life, a big house, moderate income, a good family. When she saw her best friend Sasha struggling she just had to help. Holly allowed Sasha to live with her for a few years and in that time they became more than friends.

skills: Persuasion

personality: Easily frightened sometimes, loving caring and kind most of the time.

appearance: Tan skin, blue eyes, medium- curly blonde hair, 6'6''

something: drug user

relationships: Her girlfriend Sasha.

(I just realized there are no male characters)

Name: Matt Dameon

backstory: Joined the military at the first chance he got, leaving his family behind and never thinking twice

skills: Great marksman

personality: Cold, misunderstood, hold a hate towards certain people for no reason.

appearance: White skin, brown eyes, brown hair, short beard.

something: 1st class major in us army

relations: Family unknown, presumed dead.

sorry for submitting so many, I was kinda board.

• No problem! :D

mr.quality posted: »

Name: Sasha Mirnov age: 19 gender: Female occupation: Waiter backstory: Sasha's dad was a police officer who disagreed with mos

• Name: George Lottmann

Backstory: His Father was in the army, but was shot dead in Iraq. He was with his Mother for about 13 years, but his Mother died of Pneumonia, so he was stuck with his grandparents, then he joined the police squad.

Skills: Good at shooting,

Personality: Cold, merciless, hateful,

Appearance: Tall, masculin, Green eye's and curly hair

Something: He was one of the best shooter in the academy

Relations: His whole family dead, so none.

• edited February 2015

Name: Emily

Backstory: Her mother died in a car accident and was forced to live with her abusive father at aged 7.
    She was at school when the apocalypse just started, emily had to kill her friend just when they turned, this scarred her for life and she still gets nightmares about this event. 3 weeks in the apocalypse Emily is now hardened and has knowledge on how to use guns and knives to hunt and to defend herself. Overall, she is now capable of taking care of herself.

Personality: Has trust issues, capable of surviving on her own, kind if she trusts you, will do anything if her life is at stake.

Skills: Good at hunting, shooting, using a bow, knives, and is persuasive.

Appearance: 5'6ft tall, blonde, blue eyes, easily underestimated.

Something: Took bow and arrow lessons before 7th grade.

Relations: Family unknown, father presumed dead.

• Alright guys, so Episode 1 is going to have 8 chapters or parts or whatever you want to call them. Unlike my first story, the chapters will be split into different posts (Usually 2 or 3) A post stops when one character viewpoint ends and another one starts. There will be five major choices, with some more minor ones along the way.

• Can't wait!

Alright guys, so Episode 1 is going to have 8 chapters or parts or whatever you want to call them. Unlike my first story, the chapters will

• Sounds coolio.

Alright guys, so Episode 1 is going to have 8 chapters or parts or whatever you want to call them. Unlike my first story, the chapters will

• Cool!

• Cool!

• First two episode titles have been announced in the main post!

• Just the first POV for the first part. There won't be any zombies or choices yet, this is just setting up one of the five protagonists. Any type of feedback is appreciated. Enjoy and let me know how you like it!

Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 1/8]

Declan

Two years, one month, and six days. It’s been that long since I was placed in this shithole. I like to call it a shithole for two reasons: One, I shouldn’t even be in here. Two, everything was, well, shitty about it. The smell, the people, the food. All of it was shitty.

My cell was horrible too. I had a bed to the right corner with a pillow that was equivalent to a rock. The mattress was even worse on my back. To the left was a dirty sink with a toilet right beside it, but no mirror. That brings up something in my head though, when was the last time I saw my own reflection? The only thing I could think of was looking at myself on the glass during my last phone call. Heh, that was so long ago. No one ever asked to talk to me anymore, the last person that did was my ex, Katie, bitching about something or another.

I shouldn’t be here because I know that I was falsely accused. They said I murdered my father, but that sure as hell ain’t true. I would never hurt my father, at least not back then, since this place has certainly changed me. But truth be told, I barely even remember what happened that night. The only thing I remembered was the rainy day after that. I was in the back seat of a police car, confused and scared out of my mind. I pleaded for my life at court, knowing I had done nothing wrong. They said they found fingerprints on the murder weapon, and that they knew I was fighting with my father at the time. Yeah, we argued, but I would never hurt him!

Shit, it’s just all so frustrating. Nothing I could do about it now, I’m gonna be stuck in here for the next 58 years. I’ll be 83 by then. I was hoping to become an engineer once I finished school, but that obviously wasn’t going to be happening anymore.

My thoughts were interrupted when I head clanking on my cell bars. I looked up and saw the devil himself, Roger Gomez. He was a security guard at the prison, and he was annoying as hell. He had a round face with a goatee and was a little bit on the chubby side, but his dick-ish personality made him as intimidating as a body builder.

“Time for lunch, Macon boy.” He insulted in his rough voice. I sighed and got up from my bed as he opened up my cell. “Lookin’ a little tired today, everything alright?” He said while smirking. I turned to him and snarled.

“Just fuck off, Gomez.” I say and then I turn to start walking to the cafeteria with some other prisoners. I heard him annoyingly chuckle, but I just kept on walking. I wasn’t in the mood for his shit today.

I stepped into the bright cafeteria where I could see all of the other prisoners and guards watching everything. The thing was, I didn’t really fit in, everyone here was pretty much scum.

I walked over to the table to get served. I walked up and grabbed a tray as an old woman slapped some Sloppy Joe and a PB&J sandwich on my tray. I walked up to a table where my only friend was. I sat down across from him and started to eat.

“Hey.” He said in his quiet voice. I just grunted back. His name was Thomas Forrest. He was a very skinny guy, with small glasses and pale skin, but he wasn’t scum like everybody else. Apparently he was in here for tax fraud.

We just sat there eating. The Sloppy Joe was sloppier than it was supposed to be, and the peanut butter tasted like dirt.

“So…How are you?” Thomas broke the silence. I looked up from my tray.

“I’m as good as you can get in prison.” I say. He nods.

“Same.” He remarks. I got up to throw out my tray when something startled me.

“Come here so I can beat the shit out of you!” A man yelled on the side of the room. I looked over and saw the source of the voice. He was a white muscular man with tattoos all over his face and bald head. He was in a fighting stance with his fists closed, facing a shorter but equally strong man.

“Alright motherfucker, come at me!” The shorter man yelled. The bigger man threw a punch but it didn’t connect with the other man’s face. The other man then connected his fist with the bigger man jaw and then kicking him in the balls.

The bigger man was getting angry. He grabbed the shorter man and started to choke him, but the shorter man managed to bite into the bigger man’s arm. Guard were running towards them fast to stop the fight.

The shorter man then threw a huge punch at the bigger man’s mouth, teeth flying everywhere. The bigger man cried in pain, and then his pain quickly turned to sheer anger.

“Youf…moffer…FUCKER!” The bigger man screamed, struggling with his words since most of his teeth were now gone. I was confused when he pulled something from his back pocket, but then I realized what he had pulled out. A shiv.

The bigger man pulled the shorter man closer to him and then started stabbing him in the stomach with all his might, blood getting all over his hands and orange jumpsuit. Security guards dove for him, sending him to the floor. The shorter man was now lying in a pool of his own blood while the guards, including Gomez started to beat down the bigger man. I had just witnessed a murder for the first time.

“Everyone back to your cells!” Gomez shouted once they had handcuffed the bigger man and his shiv was taken away. The loud buzzer sounded, signaling that we all had to go back to our cells. I walked back up, and as soon as I walked in the bars slid back closed. I sighed and sat on my bed, thinking about what had happened. I was shocked, I had never seen anything like that.

But…It was weird, because I wasn’t shaken up like any other normal person would be. Then I almost let a gasp escape me when I thought of something I never ever wanted to think about.

That was indeed the first murder I had witnessed, but was I not shaken up badly because I’ve already committed a murder in my life?

• Name: Kat Lawrence

Back story: She was born in a poor family. Her mother was a drug addict and her father an alcoholic. She wasn´t good at school. She also had a brother , but he was killed by a gang Her mother killed his father in self defense. When she grown up she got into drugs and was jailed for it. Her mother later died by the drugs

Skill: Run away from problems

Relationships: Love ones dead

Personality: Reckless , Honest , Kind , Coward , Helpful , Caring

Appearance: brown medium curly hair , blue eeys , fair skin , 5,7 feet tall.

Something Interesting About Yourself: Likes science-fiction movies

• Awesome Start!!!

Just the first POV for the first part. There won't be any zombies or choices yet, this is just setting up one of the five protagonists. Any

• edited February 2015

Hannah

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

My high heels made that sound as I walked through the store, my best friend Tiffany right behind me. I held a bag with my left hand. It was filled up with some cute skirts and sweatshirts, and now we were walking to the cashier.

This was one of my favorite things to do. To go shopping with Tiffany for some clothes and to gossip and look at the boys there. I was sure to keep my chest puffed out to catch the boy’s attention. I was wearing some perfume that made me smell like sweet apples. It’s kind of ridiculous, but I spent a half an hour on my brown hair. I couldn’t decide whether I should have put it in curls or kept it straight, but eventually I just gave up and decided to keep it straight.

I heard Tiffany gasp behind me. I looked over and saw her jaw almost to the floor. “Oh my god, Hannah! Look at this dress!” She squelled with excitement as her eyes were glued to a red prom dress on display.

“It’s pretty.” I said smiling. My phone started vibrating in my pocket, starting to play some pop music from its speakers. I pulled it out and looked to see who was calling. It was my dad.

“Hello?” I said as I held the phone to my ear.

“You and Tiffany alright, Hannah?” He asked. I chuckled, he was always so worried whenever I went out with friends.

“Yes, we’re fine.” I answered. I heard him sigh.

“Good, now listen. Mom wants to talk to you.” He said. I let out a small sigh, small enough so dad wouldn’t hear it on the other line. Me and my mom were in a fight about my boyfriend, Derek. She never liked him, but it wasn’t her choice who I date. Derek was one of those guys that tried his best to impress, but he succeeded in the right way. He would always take me for rides on his motorcycle, and it would be so fun. My mom always called him a ‘fool’ and a ‘douchebag’.

“Can I talk to her when I get home?” I asked. I heard my dad sigh and then heard him talking to my mom on the other side of the phone. I heard my mom’s angry voice in the backround. My dad sighed again and then talked to me again.

“Fine, but she’s really pissed, don’t blame me when you get one of her lectures tonight.” He said.

“Thanks for that.” I said.

“Alright, Hannah. Don’t be out after midnight. See you later, love you.”

“Okay daddy. Love you.” I said, and then I hung up.

“What was that all about?” Tiffany asked me.

“Just my dad. My mom is still pretty mad about Derek.” I replied.

“Don’t listen to her. Derek is hot.” Tiffany said.

“Yeah I know.” I said as we continued to the cashier. We checked our things out and then we walked out into the cold night. When we got into Tiffany’s car, Tiffany spoke up again.

“Hey, maybe we should meet up with Derek and Zach.” She said. Zach was her boyfriend and Derek’s friend.

“I don’t know, Tiff. My parent’s said-“ I started.

“It’ll be quick, just an hour. Come on Hannah.” She pleaded, giving me puppy dog eyes. I sighed.

“Fine.” I said, dialing Derek’s number.

“Hello?” His voice said over the line.

“Hey babe. Want to hang out? Me and Tiff want to meet up with you and maybe Zach.” I said.

“Sure, I’ll call him up. Let’s meet at the park.” He said.

“Alright babe. Love you.” I said smiling.

“Love you too.” He said, and then he hung up. Tiffany smiled at me and then started to drive to the park. I sighed again and looked at my faint reflection through the car window. I promised myself that I would not spend too much time with Derek tonight and get home before midnight.

I didn’t realize that listening to Tiffany and meeting up with Derek and Zach was a terrible mistake.

• woah, nice entrance omg :o

Just the first POV for the first part. There won't be any zombies or choices yet, this is just setting up one of the five protagonists. Any

• this is really good her character is interesting! can't wait for the rest c:

Hannah Click. Clack. Click. Clack. My high heels made that sound as I walked through the store, my best friend Tiffany right behind me

• Name: Agnes

Backstory: Agnes lived in a city and was really passionate about photography. Her parents were supportive of her and what she wanted to do with her life.

Skill: Good using at a pistol since she has only been taught how to use that. Good at using knives. She also was a runner.

Personality: Kind, helpful, intelligent, hostile if she senses something about you that she doesn't like, humorous, not gullible, sly.

Relationships: family unknown. some of them are presumed dead.

Appearance: pale skin, brown eyes, brown hair, 5'8ft tall

Something: Had straight A's in college, also sings and took dancing lessons at age 11.

• Great chapter!

Hannah Click. Clack. Click. Clack. My high heels made that sound as I walked through the store, my best friend Tiffany right behind me

• edited February 2015

Short chapter, but we have our first choice!

Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 2/8] Declan
    The buzzer sounded the next day, signaling lunch time. I walked down to the cafeteria just like yesterday, sitting down with Thomas again. I looked over at where the murder had taken place, seeing that they had already mopped up all of the blood.

Thomas was really shaken up about what happened yesterday. He was quieter than usual, he just stared down at his food and ate. I sighed as I threw my tray away in a nearby trashcan, looking around the cafeteria. I started to walk back to my table, but someone bumped into me as I walked. I turned towards them, and saw that it was a man in his 40’s. He was dangerously skinny, had a black mustache, and had tattoos of snakes on his arms. If I were forced to guess what he was in prison for, I would say drugs.

“Yo, you Declan?” He asked, nodding his head.

“Uh, yeah. What do you want?” I replied. He scratched his nose and looked around him, as if he didn’t want anyone to hear him speak.
    “I could-we could use your help.” He said, gesturing to his table which had 3 other men sitting there, all looking at us.

“With what?” I asked, genuinely curious.

“Me and my boys want to get outta here, and we’ve got the perfect plan. That whole murder yesterday, that was part of it.” He said. I half laughed and half sighed.

“And why would you want me?” I put my finger to my chest.

“Because we know that you’ve killed someone, we could use that to our advantage.” He said. I sighed and rolled my eyes. We were in federal prison, trying to escape would just get us killed. “Come on, man.” He kept on pleading.

“I’m not stupid enough to get killed over a stupid ass plan, so no.” I said, and before he could rply I just walked away, sitting back down with Thomas.

“What was that all about?” He finally spoke up. I looked at him and then looked back at where the man had sat.

[Tell Thomas]

[Don’t Tell]

• [Don't tell]

Great chapter!

Short chapter, but we have our first choice! Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 2/8] Declan The buzzer sounded the next day, signaling lun

• [Tell Thomas]

Short chapter, but we have our first choice! Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 2/8] Declan The buzzer sounded the next day, signaling lun

• [Tell Thomas]

Awesome Chapter!!!

• When's the next part coming out? :p

• Today or tomorrow

ayylmao posted: »

When's the next part coming out?

• edited February 2015

Voting is closed! Declan will [Tell Thomas]

• edited February 2015

The third protagonist is revealed! The next part will be in this guy's point of view!

David: A man in his mid-30's, David is a lonely retired U.S. Marine. David has never found it in his heart to care about anyone but his younger brother Lucas, hence his heavy protection of him when the apocalypse starts.

• Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 3/8]

David

12 Years Ago…

“On your feet, soldier!” Sergeant Mcduff screamed into my face. Flecks of his saliva hit my face as he dug his thumbs in my soldiers, pulling me upwards hard. When wipe some of the dust and sweat away from my eyes, putting my hands back on by rifle. There wasn’t any time to recover though, as bullets were flying everywhere. I duck over a turned over table made of steel, previously used as a torture table by the Taliban. Bullet’s pinged at the steel, shredding it a little.

“David, this way!” Mark screamed. I ran as fast as I could, feeling bullet’s whizzing past my ears.

“Get the fuck up here!” Mcduff yelled, lying prone near the top of a sand hill. It was in the afternoon, and the sun bared down on us all. I ran up towards Mcduff and his men with Mark, crouching down and peeking over the edge of the hill. There were about 10 Taliban Members, all in different places running around and shooting at us. As long as we were careful, we would be fine.

“Move up!” Mcduff yelled, motioning with his hand in the air. I ran alongside Mark, staying as low as I could go while running.

“Turret!” A soldier yelled, as the sound of a heavy machine turret opened fire on all of us. I dove quick underneath some sand bags, closing my eyes for a second in fear. When I opened my eyes back up again, my heart jumped when I saw Mark lying right next to me, his hand to his chest. Blood was pouring out, turning the sand into a crimson red.

“David…” He struggled to say my name. I had no time to react as sand was still pouring onto my head from the ripped apart bags, threatening to sting my eyes. All I could see was sand, sand everywhere with patches of blood. I wipe my eyes again with my sleeve, opening them and blinking a few more times in an attempt to get out the small specks of sand out of my eyelashes.

“David! Cover us!” Mcduff screamed over to me. ‘Why me?’ I thought to myself, I could barely see anymore! My guess was that Mcduff had seen that I wasn’t injured and was still fit to cover for the rest of his men. In the corner of my eye I saw Mark, but I didn’t dare to look at him. I knew he was already dead.

I lifted my gun above my head, firing blindly. Mcduff and his men started to move up, closing in on the remaining Taliban men. I peeked and started to actually use my eyes and shoot.

“Get up here!” I heard another soldier yell. I didn’t think, I just acted. I quickly pulled myself up off of the sand, running up as fast as I could. Cover was in sight, where I would be safe. That’s when something didn’t feel right. I didn’t know exactly where, but somewhere on my head hurt, a lot. Blood poured down the left side of my face, down my neck from the place where the pain was. I fell to the ground, feeling only the throbbing from the left side of my head. Facedown in the sand, I blacked out, sand sticking to my sweaty face.

Fzz-cr-pop.

I opened the medium sized can of beer, bringing it to my lips and gulping down a few swallows. I then put the can to my side, standing up to switch off the TV. My hand slowly found its way up to what was left of my left ear. On that day, I had been nicked by a bullet on my ear, making the lobe fall off and made me pass out. I owed my life to Sergeant Mcduff, who managed to get me to a rescue chopper among others. He had reviewed the Medal of Honor after that, and my life as a U.S. Marine was over.

My younger brother, Lucas, was coming over soon. I didn’t really bother to clean up my apartment, he was used to my messy habits.

My phone started to buzz on a small glass table that I owned. I made my way over to it and read who it was. I was getting a call from Brittany. I sighed and tapped the “Decline Call” button, before putting my phone back down on the table.

Brittany was a woman I had met over at a bar a couple of nights ago. I ended up sleeping with her, but it turns out she’s an obsessed bitch. She’s been calling me every day, but to be honest I don’t have any more interest in her. I was just about ready to go ahead and block her number if she called me one more damn time. Here’s a piece of advice: Never stick your dick in crazy. I sighed as I looked out my window, just gazing at the dark night for a second.

I heard a soft knock on my door, then the sound of Lucas. “It’s me.” He said. I unlocked the door and opened it up to reveal Lucas, my younger brother. He was 5 years younger than me, and was a couple inches shorter. He shared my dark brown hair, although his was a bit longer than mine. He had icy blue eyes that he got from our mother, while I had brown eyes from our father. His face was as smooth like a baby, I could tell he shaved this morning. I’ve always considered him to be the more attractive person in looks out of the two of us, but some women said otherwise.

“Come on in.” I said smiling. He smiled back and then sat down on the small couch in front of him. I sat down right next to him.

“So, you hear from mom or the hospital?” I asked. Our dad passed away years ago from a heart attack, and our mom was in the hospital now with throat cancer.

“I got a call a couple of days ago. She’s still undergoing treatment, they don’t know if she’ll be able to go back into remission though.” He answered as I sighed.

“Well at least she’s okay right now.” I said and he nodded.

I got up from my seat and switched the TV back on to some football. I was never that much of a fan of it despite my body build, but Lucas was. We sat there just watching and catching up, drinking our beers with no care in the world.

EMERGENCY BROADCASTING SYSTEM. THIS IS NOT A TEST. THIS IS NOT A TEST. THIS IS NOT A TEST.

Those words moving across the entire screen, repeating itself for about 30 seconds before it immediately went to the emergency news. Lucas and I looked at each other worriedly. A man with a microphone to his mouth and nervous eyes talked as fast and clear as he could.

“Thousands of people have been admitted to hospitals all over the country with sickening bites that look like human bites. It seems when these people die, they come back to eat us normal people.” He said. I was having serious trouble taking all of this in. The news reporter looked behind him anxiously and then continued.

“These ‘things’ don’t seem to go down easily. Reports say that the only way to stop them is to destroy the brain. All hospitals have been taken over by these things, and it is being dealt with. Additionally, it seems that some people who were never even bitten who die in the hospital are coming back as well. We advise you stay in your houses and lock the doors while the military handles with it.” He finished.

“What the fuck? These things…Like zombies?” Lucas asked with wide eyes.

“I don’t know, man.” I said, and then my eyes widened. “Lucas, mom is in the hostpital!” I yelled. Lucas’s eyes widened again too.

“David, we’ve gotta go get her!” He yelled. I jogged over to my table and saw I had gotten a text from my friend Tom that said.

‘Don’t know what they fuck is going on, but I don’t trust the military. I saw the city outside, it isn’t safe.’ The text message said. I sighed and then went to my closet, grabbing my black painted gun and then slamming it back shut. I checked and saw I had one clip of 6 bullets.

“Come on, Lucas!” I shouted. I ran out the door as Lucas followed behind. We climbed down the stairs of the apartment building, eventually making it to the front doors. All I could hear was shooting, screams, and explosions outside. It brought back the horrifying memories of my time as a marine.

Lucas looked at me with nervous eyes. I looked back at him once, trying to give him a reassuring look. Then I turned back and pushed the front doors open, seeing the carnage outside.

• Great chapter!

Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 3/8] David 12 Years Ago… “On your feet, soldier!” Sergeant Mcduff screamed into my face. Flecks of his

• Awesome Chapter!!!

Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 3/8] David 12 Years Ago… “On your feet, soldier!” Sergeant Mcduff screamed into my face. Flecks of his

• This looks really interesting!

• Hannah

I stepped out of the car, closing the door and walked around to the other side of the car to see Tiffany.

“Um, where are they?” Tiffany asked, scanning the area. I looked around too, not seeing Derek or Zach. All of the sudden I felt a tap on my back. I turned around quickly and was relieved to see Derek and Zach standing behind us.

“Jesus, Derek. You scared me!” I exclaimed, pounding on his chest playfully.

“Heh, sorry babe.” He said laughing. I looked over and saw Zach and Tiffany kissing. When they broke the kiss, Zach pulled out a can of beer from his pocket, grinning like a 5 year old with candy.

“You guys want some?” he asked, showing us 3 more cans. I shook my head while Tiffany gladly took one and cracked it open. Derek decided not to have one either. “Suit yourselves.” Zach said, shrugging his shoulders and then taking a sip of beer.

“So, you guys want some alone time?” Derek asked. Tiffany giggled and Zach smiled.

“Sure.” Zach said, taking Tiffany by the hand a playfully pulling him over to a private spot in the parking lot.

“Hm, I wonder what they’ll be doing.” I said smiling. Derek laughed and then took me by the hand too, bringing me behind the car and then looking into my eyes. We didn’t say anything, we just stood there. We kissed after a minute, making the night feel warmer than it really was. Derek smiled when we broke away.

“My mom is…Still worried about us.” I said.

“Yeah, I know. It doesn’t really bother me.” He chuckled. I gave him a small smile and then sighed. It was a little awkward, but then he took my hand and everything was fine again. I looked back into his eyes and smiled. God, he was good loo-

My thoughts were abruptly cut off when a sharp scream pierced through the night. It was close to us, and it made my heart jump. Derek looked at me worriedly, then he grabbed my hand while peeking over to where the scream was coming from. I jolted again when Tiffany started to scream again.

“Shit!” Derek said. He let go of my hand and started to run over to where Tiffany and Zach had went. I jogged right behind him, not wanting to be left back in the dark. Turning around the corner of another parked car, the sight was…Weird and confusing. Tiffany was backed away from Zach with her hand over her mouth, tears of shock in her eyes. Zach was on the floor, struggling with an older man on the ground. The man smelled like a dead animal, and his skin seemed to be almost peeling off. He was filthy everywhere, his skin, clothes, and hair were all messed up. He had his mouth around Zach’s right arm, biting down hard. Blood seeped from the arm, causing Zach to scream.

“G-Get him off!” Zach yelled. Derek jumped into action, running over and kicking with all of his might at the man’s side. The man fell off of Zach, his teeth releasing from the arm. Pieces of flesh from the arm were missing, with the shape of a human bite on it. Zach immediately got up with a look of extreme terror on his face.

The rotting man had already recovered, grabbing onto Derek’s left leg. “What the fuck?!” Derek yelled, pulling his leg away from the man’s grasp. The man just kept trying to grab ahold of Derek’s leg. Not having any more of it, Derek backed away from the man, alowing him to just lay there on the floor reach for something else to bite into.

“The car! Tiffany, start the car!” Derek screamed, running over to Zach and looking at his arm. “Hannah, get in with her!” He added. I obeyed, running with Tiffany over to her car. She turned the keys in the ignition, allowing the car and headlights to turn on in the dark night.

I looked back and saw Derek helping Zach into the car. “Tiffany, let me drive!” Derek said, now quieting down. Tiffany didn’t say anything, she just sat with Zach in the backseat, allowing Derek to sit in the driver’s seat right next to me, as I was now in the passenger’s seat.

“W-What the hell was that thing?” I asked in shock.

“I don’t know!” Derek exclaimed, keeping his still wide eyes on the road. “Turn on the radio, see if there’s anything on about cannibals or something around here.” He said. I swallowed deeply and then turned on the radio station, hearing static before hearing a recorded voice repeat the same sentence over and over again that chilled me to the bone.

“EMERGENCY BROADCASTING SYSTEM. THIS IS NOT A TEST. THIS IS NOT A TEST. THIS IS NOT A TEST.”

Then a live news reporter’s voice came on. ““Thousands of people have been admitted to hospitals all over the country with sickening bites that look like human bites. It seems when these people die, they come back to eat us normal people.” He said. I couldn’t even believe what I was hearing. The news reporter stopped anxiously for a second anxiously and before continuing.

“These ‘things’ don’t seem to go down easily. Reports say that the only way to stop them is to destroy the brain. All hospitals have been taken over by these things, and it is being dealt with. Additionally, it seems that some people who were never even bitten who die in the hospital are coming back as well. We advise you stay in your houses and lock the doors while the military handles with it.” He finished.

“Oh my god, Derek.” I whispered, even though everyone in the car heard me. Derek swallowed and then shook his head, closing his eyes before focusing back on the road.

“Zach, how’s your arm?” Derek asked.

“I’m fine, it just burns.” Zach answered. I looked behind and saw that Tiffany had her arm linked with his good arm, trying to comfort him.

“Alright, everything’s fine as long as your still breathing.” Derek said. I bit my lip after that before exploding.

“Everything is fine, Derek?! Nothing is fucking fine!” I yelled, looking right at him.

“Hannah, calm down! We’re okay, we’re all safe.” He tried to say in a gentle voice. I started crying, putting my head in my hands.

“Look, I’m bringing us to your parent’s house. They’ll know what to do about all of this.” Derek said after some silence. I sobbed some more before wiping my face with the back of my hand.

“Okay, Okay. Let’s just get there.” I said in between quick breaths. He put his hand over mine, warming it up.

“It’s gonna be okay, Hannah.” He said, holding my hand tight. I took a deep breath, looking out the window, anxious to get back home. I wasn’t sure if I believed Derek that everything would be fine.

Soon, we came upon some traffic. I could see cars up the road as far as the eye could see. I sighed, getting even more anxious by all of this. My phone then started to vibrate. I picked it up without even seeing who it was.

“Hello?” I asked quickly.

“Oh my god, Hannah, are you okay?!” My mom said on the other line. A little bit of relief washed over me knowing that my parents were safe.

“I’m fine, Tiffany and I are with Derek and Zach.” I said. My mom breathed a sigh of relief.

“Okay, sweetie. Just come back home to us safe. We love you.” She said.

“I love you both too, so much. I’ll see you in a little bit.” I said, then I hung up. I sighed, seeing that we would probably be stuck in traffic for a while. Derek and I shared a worried look, both unsure of our future.

• Great chapter! c:

Hannah I stepped out of the car, closing the door and walked around to the other side of the car to see Tiffany. “Um, where are they?”

• Great chapter!!!

Hannah I stepped out of the car, closing the door and walked around to the other side of the car to see Tiffany. “Um, where are they?”

• Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 4/8]

Declan

“Those guys just came up with this…Stupid plan to get out of here.” I said, shaking my head.

“Huh.” Thomas said ,looking down at his lap, thinking.

The buzzer then sounded, signaling for all of us to get back to our cells. I climbed the metal stairs to the upper floor after exiting the cafeteria, making it to my cell after the bars licked shut behind me. I lied down on my bed, thinking about the murder yesterday. After a couple of minutes, all I could hear was the sound of my own breathing. I soon dozed off.

Jumping up from my sleep, I looked around, slowly opening my eyes and allowing them to adjust to the light around me. My ears adjusted to, allowing me to realize what I was hearing. The sounds of yelling and gunfire were everywhere.

“What the fuck?” I asked myself under my breath, looking in front of me to see my cell door wide open. I rubbed some more of the sleep out of my eyes, standing up and then peeking out of my cell. Below, I saw a riot of men, all in orange prison jumpsuits, trampling each other as they moved through the prison, seemingly in panic. I stepped out a little bit more, looking to both of my sides. I wasn’t able to stall anymore, I had to take this chance.

I started to speed walk my way across the upper level, making sure I wasn’t too close to the bigger groups of men. I kept moving, now breaking into a jog. Looking behind me, I was pushed out of the way by a huge black man, almost completely falling down. Other men ran behind him, like a group. My only goal right now was to get away from any danger.

As I continued, questions raced through my mind. Had a prisoner managed to escape and open the cells? Who? Where were most of the guards? Where was Thomas?

Still moving, I looked behind me just in time to bump into the back of someone else in front of me. I turned to see who it was, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was.

It was the big bald man with the tattoos on his face, the one who had killed that other guy yesterday. He looked at me with deadly eyes, but then he averted his attention back in front of him. I had some fear of pushing past him, but I knew that I had to man up. Squeezing past him, I kept moving, eventually making it to a lower level of the prison, where the riots were taking place.

I saw several police guards firing their guns in the air, trying to get the men to calm down. Squinting farther down the room, I saw that the rest of the police were distracted by something farther out in the building. I took a deep breath and then pushed myself through the crowd, occasionally getting knocked around by elbows and shoulders.

“Calm the fuck down!” I heard a guard yell, in a suit holding a rifle. I looked ahead, slightly standing up on my toes to see farther. Up in the very front of the crowd, the prisoners were starting to break through the guards. It was only a matter of a few more seconds.

My estimation turned out to be correct as all of the sudden, the people in front of me as well as behind me started to move faster, almost running.
    “Yargh!!!” They yelled, pushing through the police. I ran with the crowd, not wanting to get killed under the other’s feet.

It wasn’t long until we broke out of a door leading to the outside. I squeezed past some more people, soon making it outside. I breathed in the air, but it wasn’t that much better than the air inside the prison. The smell of smoke filled my nostrils, and a light drizzle was coming down on us in the dark night.

I broke out into a run, just wanting to get out of here. This was my chance to leave this place, no matter what happened.

“Declan!” Someone screamed my name. I looked over and saw that it was the skinny man that told me about his groups ‘escape plan’ earlier today in the cafeteria. Realizing that I really had no sense of direction, I ran over to him. Next to him was another man that had sat at his table earlier, and a worried looking Thomas.

“What the hell is going on!?” I asked. The skinny man looked at the other unknown man nervously, then looked back at me.

“Declan, it’s the fucking end of the world or some shit, man. Police were talking about some sort of ‘dead cannibal things’ taking over. It’s the reason why all of this is happening. One of the guys managed to escape his cell while being attacked by one of those things and he opened up all of the cells.” The skinny man explained. I didn’t believe. No, this guy was on drugs. There were no ‘dead cannibal things’.

“They’re over there!” Thomas suddenly yelled, pointing over to in front of the gates of the prison. I couldn’t see their faces, but there was what looked like limping people coming towards us, being shot down by the police as they came, but they didn’t seem to go down very easily.

“Listen, we just gotta get out of here.” The other man I didn’t know said. The skinny man nodded and me and Thomas just looked at each other. Without another word, we all started to run for the gates. I felt like my ear drums would explode from all of the gunfire.

We made it to the front gate, pushing through the crowd that was starting to break though. I looked through again, seeing one cop pushing past people and firing off of his gun, but this time he wasn’t firing into the air. He was firing at people.

“What the fuck?!” The unknown man shouted in horror, looking at the cop who was gunning down prisoners left and right.

“Let’s just get through!” The skinny man yelled, continuing to push through the gates. After some time, some prisoners were able to get to the control panel to open the gate. When it opened, we were greeted by the limping people outside the gates.

I didn’t waste any more time, I just ran with the three others. Prisoners scattered around left and right. Everything was chaos, it was nothing like I had ever seen in my life ever before.

I looked behind me, seeing that the man I didn’t know was gone. Now it was just me, the skinny guy, and Thomas.

“Declan, watch out!” Thomas screamed. I looked back in front of me, my heart jumping at the sigh of one of those ‘things’ diving towards me. It’s mouth was agape, it’s dirty teeth showing. It’s skin was rotten, with a smell like dog shit. It looked like a dirtier version of a person, like a still – rotting corpse.

On instinct, I push it off of my with all of my force, making it land on its back. It immediately reached for my leg, grabbing ahold of it and moving its mouth towards me. Screaming, I used my other foot to stomp on its head, but it just wouldn’t stop.

I stomped again and again furiously, blood and brains everywhere. This thing wasn’t normal at all. It grip released, it’s hand falling to the ground when it no longer moved. I looked in shock at what I had done, seeing it’s skull smashed all against the pavement. I looked behind me, seeing both the skinny man and Thomas in utter shock.

Oh my god, did I just kill someone? A fucking person?! I couldn’t talk, I just widened my eyes, almost crying. This wasn’t happening, this had to be a dream!

“Macon boy! Get over here!” I was pulled out of my thoughts when a voice screamed that to me. There was only one person who ever called me that. I turned my head and saw the devil himself. Gomez.

“Get over here if you want to hold onto your fucking lives!” Gomez yelled. He was with one other cop right next to him. Gomez had a shotgun gripped tightly in his hands.

Thomas looked at me worriedly, before breaking off and running to Gomez with the skinny man. How could I follow them to cops, the people that had imprisoned and tormented me for so long? They would just throw me back in jail!

I looked at the prison building, seeing it now overflowing with those rotting corpses shambling around. The building was now on fire, with smoke and flames coming from part of the top. Judging from where the fire was, my guess was it was round my cell. I looked back at Gomez. He seemed to already be leaving, wanting to escape just as much as us. Would he really throw me back in jail when this was over, if it ever was? It didn’t matter anymore, whatever happened, this place was fucked.

Now I had two options. I could go with Gomez, his cop friend, Thomas, and the skinny guy, or I could go off on my own for now. Whatever I chose, we were probably going to make our way to the city. I couldn’t think too much, as the chaos was escalating even more very quickly.

[Leave The Area With Gomez’s Group]

[Leave The Area Alone]

• Leave with Gomez's group]

Great chapter!!!

Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 4/8] Declan “Those guys just came up with this…Stupid plan to get out of here.” I said, shaking my head.

• [Leave The Area Alone] I don´t trust them.

Awesome Chapter!!!

Episode 1 – A New Life [Part 4/8] Declan “Those guys just came up with this…Stupid plan to get out of here.” I said, shaking my head.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.