The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• Thank you for your reply. You seem to genuinely care and I appreciate that. I've gone back and forth so many times whether to tell her or not. I know letting her know does absolutely nothing good for our existing relationship, and it may end up bad, but part of me feels like she deserves to know.

There hasn't been a single day I've been employed there that she hasn't been. When she's gone, nothing will feel the same and I fear it will just be a constant reminder of her. All of this might sound incredibly stupid, and I know I'll end up moving on eventually, but right now, all I wanna do is hang on to her and beg her not to leave.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Attraction isn't a switch you can turn off the moment you see the ring. You understood that there were boundaries you could not cross and yo

• It's closure that you're looking for, which is a tough situation because it can seem like you have to dance around how you really feel for the sake of decency. It's not impossible to tell her how you feel without her cutting you off, but you'll have to get the tone down just right. You'd have to be calm and open; making it clear that you respect her marriage and that you don't mean to make any advances, you only want to be honest with her because you feel she deserves it. There's no guarantee that she'll react positively but if you feel like this is the right thing to do, you can at least know you tried your best to do the right thing by her.

And if you feel like there's no way telling her how you feel would go well there's no shame in that. You know her better than I do. It's just like a breakup or anytime a friend moves away. It hurts, it can be some of the worst mental anguish you'll feel, but the wound eventually heals, and even if you never talk to her again you'll find new people who can fill that void.

BroKenny posted: »

Thank you for your reply. You seem to genuinely care and I appreciate that. I've gone back and forth so many times whether to tell her or no

• Thank you. I appreciate the in depth response again. Life just isn’t fair. She’s so wonderful. I would give her the entire world if she would let me.

It's closure that you're looking for, which is a tough situation because it can seem like you have to dance around how you really feel for t

• It isn't fair, you're right. Heartbreak is just something we have to deal with in between the stuff that makes life worth living. It's okay to feel sad and empty over her right now, but you'll be able to move on eventually. For now please treat yourself to any positive ways you have found to cope. Whatever you feel would brighten up your mood for a little (that wouldn't make you regret it afterwards lol), like maybe going to the theaters or getting some ice cream. You're not wrong to feel depressed right now but try to do whatever you can to lighten your mood and take your mind off of things even if only by a little.

Thank you. I appreciate the in depth response again. Life just isn’t fair. She’s so wonderful. I would give her the entire world if she would let me.

• Getting paid helps lol.

It isn't fair, you're right. Heartbreak is just something we have to deal with in between the stuff that makes life worth living. It's okay

• Well I just found out that my bosses have been talking shit about her behind her back, she found out, so now TODAY is her last day.

Fuck my life.

It isn't fair, you're right. Heartbreak is just something we have to deal with in between the stuff that makes life worth living. It's okay

• I usually don't like making these kinds of promises but

Well I just found out that my bosses have been talking shit about her behind her back, she found out, so now TODAY is her last day. Fuck my life.

• Hey I just want to thank @imighthavebrokenit
    @Psychokinesis and @InKennyWeTrust for taking the time to PM me, I really appreciate it and all the input you had to give :smile:

As a child it can seem like your relationship with your parents is the only one where putting it on a pedestal is essential to living a happy life, and as you get older and reality chips away at your idealism you begin to notice the cracks and you might come to the realization that the pedestal was in shambles for a while, and It's not reaIly anyone's fault it got to that point. People just drift away from each other without intending to. It's a hard pill to swallow, but I know it's just a part of growing older.

Thank you all for listening, what you all said did ring true to me and I'll make sure to remember it going forward, please take care

• I might post some music or videos I come across if I feel like it could help someone or if I feel like someone could relate

It won't be a regular thing (empty encouragement is a pet peeve of mine lol and I only want to post something if it could actually be of substance to someone) but if I find something I'll be sure to share it with you guys :smile:

mwahaha this is my swamp now >:D

• IT’S THE OUTSIDER!!???

I might post some music or videos I come across if I feel like it could help someone or if I feel like someone could relate It won't

• edited July 2018

Our swamp :wink:

And I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you about your parent's divorce, @Cocoa2736. I've seen what that can be like, too, It just that things went a little darker than that after they separated, and I didn't feel like it would really help you any. I'm glad you're doing better.

I might post some music or videos I come across if I feel like it could help someone or if I feel like someone could relate It won't

• C̺̼͎̮̟͈͓á̙͇̗n̙̰̘̲͎̻͜'̦ț̘͙̣ ̻̳w͏̳e̠̝̣̳̞ ̩̬̯͙̮̬̕j̹̝͔͙̳̫́u̷͕̫͔̤̼̝s̰t ̛şet͏͖͙̱͕̖̲t͓̤͖͍͉ͅl̲͜e̤͜ ͓̹̟̹͕̫͘t̯̗̥͈h̙̟̙͔́i̟̙s̤̤̙͕̭͚ ̧̰̫̳͉o͜v͕̲͖̳̘̦̦e͓̫r̘̹͕͍ ̗̲̗̝͍̥a̼̖̥̦ p̸͓͉i̯̗̪n̤̤̭t҉̫͙͖̪͉?̪̱̳̪

Thank you ZK, I think I've gotten to the point where I've accepted it. It's just been hard trying to sort through my parents' feelings throughout all of this.

I've recently realized that my Mom (and most likely my Dad too) has Borderline Personality Disorder. It can be frustrating living with someone who has it because even when you get angry at the ways they've hurt you, you feel guilty because you know they're trying their best to be good people (and in many ways they are) and those with BPD just handle unpleasant emotions very poorly and often overreacts when faced with some, and a divorce after decades of marriage is one of the most unpleasant experiences you can go through. I understand and respect why they chose to get a divorce, I'm not mad at them for it, but it's been difficult dealing with the aftermath.

Thank you for responding, and it's okay I appreciate your support even you don't feel like you can say anything to help :smile:

Our swamp  And I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you about your parent's divorce, @Cocoa2736. I've seen what that can be like, too, It ju

• edited August 2018

I am a bit annoyed at the moment. Someone sent me screenshots from a certain Discord group which contained comments that mocked me and my views towards Telltale. It is a pretty stupid thing to be angry over but it is the type of image that those people were trying to portray. I won't share the screenshots but I will type out a message from one of the screenshots: "i mean youre making loving telltale sound bad, he loves everything they do no matter what, if they released a 5 min game where you stare at a piece of paper he would praise it"

No I would not praise it. But unlike some other users I actually empathize with the employees which is why I view the company in a positive light and try to remain positive and optimistic about future titles.

It is a pretty stupid thing to get annoyed over but yeah I did get a bit annoyed by it

UPDATE: The Discord Server Owner contacted me about it and apologised for the comments made. I am not angry anymore as I have no control what people type online. If that person is reading this: All is good. I am sorry for bringing it on to the forums. And I hope that we establish some common ground at some point :smile:

• I've heard of a similar Discord group, if it's not the same one.

The fun thing about haters is that when you got their attention, you know you made your stance firm and clear enough to strike a nerve with your enemies. In your life, they're absolutely no one, and they can whine all they want, but you're going to praise Telltale if you damn well feel like it, and if they ever get the courage to confront you directly, then you put them back in their place.

They're still unpleasant people to deal with though, and you're right to be annoyed. I'm sorry that you had to put up with their spite.

I am a bit annoyed at the moment. Someone sent me screenshots from a certain Discord group which contained comments that mocked me and my vi

• That's awful.

I know it's painful either way -- and you probably already know this but -- you can like what you want and screw those other guys.

I am a bit annoyed at the moment. Someone sent me screenshots from a certain Discord group which contained comments that mocked me and my vi

• It's not a stupid thing to be annoyed by; I'd feel embarrassed and hurt if I was in your situation. It is a stupid thing for them to be bothered by whether some stranger on the internet likes a game company or not to the point where they feel that they have to make insulting comments behind their back on a discord server. That's really petty of them. Don't they have anything worth talking about?

• edited July 2018

A friend just came out to his brother (through text), and he's here calling me obviously anxious on what the reaction would when his brother gets the [texts].

I figured I'd post this here instead of the Whatever's On Your Mind thread since it's quite personal. I don't know, I feel happy that he had the courage to come out, I've watched him grow despite having trouble with his self-confidence. I'm just scared of what might happen if it backfires.

I hope everything turns out alright for him.

EDIT: His brother wrote back very heartwarming messages, and my friend's happy that it turned out the way it did. :)

• edited July 2018

Serious texts can be scary because unlike a conversation in person you can have hours of time to ruminate on the wording and how they'll react before they actually respond, and the words that you wrote are right there in front of you as a reminder that you can't take them back.

He must care about his brother a lot to feel like he deserved to know. Even if I don't know him, just from that and the courage it must've taken him to come out, I already have respect for him.

Glad it all turned out well :smile:

A friend just came out to his brother (through text), and he's here calling me obviously anxious on what the reaction would when his brother

• (Not expecting any help, just felt like ranting here, if you decide to read anyways thank you for doing so :smile:)

There's so many ideas I'd love to be able to express, not only in here but just in general. The problem is that even though I have full conviction in them, it's difficult for me to have faith that I have enough eloquence and fortitude to do those beliefs justice. That can be really frustrating, because it feels like I don't have the courage or security to stand up for the ideals that I live by.

Growing up I was conditioned to believe that seeking a second opinion meant accepting being cut down, manipulated, and humiliated until you've been brought down low enough to raise a white flag in a battle of ideologies. A child can only lose so many battles before losing faith in both their reasoning and the ones that are suppose to be on their side. So many people are quick to tell you that your entire reality is distorted but don't believe you're worth the time to understand why you feel that way.

Maybe I just still have trouble accepting that it's nearly impossible to stay true to all of your beliefs without netting disapproval from some group. In general I often feel as like I'm in that phase where the human condition has lost all it's luster but I still feel as though I have to appease it through some sense of obligation. It's realizations like those that make me wish I could accept that true free will exists; imagine if we could just switch off that need for approval without any intervention or events that trigger periods of self discovery. Life would be so much easier then I'd imagine.

Thank you for reading :smile:

• It's strange, I feel very peaceful all of a sudden, like every turmoil troubling my mind has reached the acceptance phase of grief all at once. I don't really feel elated or anything, just an overwhelming sense of serenity regarding my existence. It might just be a passing sensation, (and I could come crashing down later, who knows) but right now I'm just relieved. I've always felt like I was running around in circles internally with no purpose in sight, and right now I finally feel as though I have my first foot on the right path. I guess only time will tell if that intuition is correct.

Thank you for reading :smile:

• Ah yes, I believe I was once in that server.

And its not stupid. It hurts, Ive had my share of idiots on that server hanging shit on me. I guess I just keep reminding myself that they dont know me and are only trying to bring me down because they are either extremely self conscious about themselves, or they are just extremely bored and lonely. Or both.

But yeah, that server is toxic, I'd stay away from them.

• I use to hate people like that too, and I still do, but nowadays I like to see trolls and the like as less of an annoyance and more of a fun little challenge in psychological warfare. It's good practice for real life jerkwads that actually have some power behind their words.

Yeah their words can hurt but think of it this way: communities like this one have effectively cut down their stand to spew hate speech to the point where they're left congregating in some bumfuck discord server, tossing petty vitriol to each other because they don't have anywhere else left to throw it to. Does that sound like a group of people worth fretting over? Let them stew in that corner of the internet. Out of sight, out of mind right? :wink:

Acheive250 posted: »

Ah yes, I believe I was once in that server. And its not stupid. It hurts, Ive had my share of idiots on that server hanging shit on me.

• edited August 2018

The Discord Server Owner contacted me and we cleared up the issue. Thanks @4k60fpsHDR for contacting me and helping clear the whole thing up :smile: I apologise for making everyone in the Server look bad by posting about some comments made in the past. But it is all resolved now :smile:

• It's ironic, at first glance it seems like there's a strong element of defeatism in a fatalistic mindset (and in the case of controlled helplessness, that can be true) but the funny thing is after accepting the ideology, I feel more in control of my own fate than I ever have. I don't have to worry about being unable to live up to my own destiny because both success and failure are both equally as essential in shaping it. It doesn't mean there's no point in trying, it just means that I will make the difference I was destined to regardless of if I succeed in my ambitions.

You see in all of our everyday interactions, we're creating ripples in the social web that makes up society. Even the smallest pebble thrown into the ocean alters the formation of the sea. It might not appear to be an impressive difference, but change has occurred in the big picture even if only slightly. We all have an impact on each other's mood and subsequently our behavior, and because of that much of how we are molded as people comes from interactions with close ones, since we feel their ripples the hardest, but strangers can also change our trajectory through minor things like accidentally tripping us and taking away a few seconds from us getting to our destination, if that makes sense.

Even this short piece is going to alter the course of your thinking and behavior to some degree. Regardless of if you agree with it or not (and you have every right to disagree) reading this is going to occupy your thoughts for some time, and you're going to react to it in some way whether drastically or not, which is going to make a difference in how you act in the future compared to if you never read it at all.

This isn't to say we're not slaves to fate, I'd actually say it's the exact opposite: we're the ones driving it to the inevitable conclusion, and the fact that our choices are influenced by past experiences and the world around us experiences does not make them any less authentic. True free will might not be an inherent quality of human nature, but that doesn't mean it's not something we shouldn't strive to achieve. The more we learn how our programming has inhibited us from acting in our best interests, and the more strategies we acquire in finding loopholes through that conditioning, the closer we will get to genuine free will.

Thank you for reading!

• To those afraid to come to anyone for help because they they feel that they are only deserving of judgement, I just want to say that no matter how much dignity you feel you have, you're always the critic here. When you walk into a counsellor's office, go to a friend or family member for help, or even coming to regulars in this thread, you are coming to them because you respect them enough to be willing to hear their point of view. You might say, "Well what right do I have to judge other's view points when I'm the one ashamed of mine?" You know that's the thing about critics, they don't have to be necessarily skilled in the art that they review to be able to critique it's message, and that doesn't take away from their merits as critics either. Some of the more prideful artists want to say the opposite because they feel entitled to have their efforts appreciated. They expect the human condition to bend to their tastes simply because they're passionate, and unfortunately for them they find that often that a poor impression of them further tarnishes that of their work. Those who offer their advice are no different.

What I'm saying is don't feel like you're the one deserving of scathing judgement when you come to places like this one for help. The ones offering support are giving their advice to your judgement and consideration; you're the one allowed to be critical of their words, not the other way around. Not everyone is skilled in therapeutic practices, sometimes even those licensed to do them, and they are the ones who should be aware that this is a skill that needs practice and any attempts at advice that go wrong are their fault.

• edited August 2018

Hey... um... dumb question here: [Error 404]

I'm feeling pretty frustrated at myself; I feel hopeless and useless right now.

• Summer sucks,I don't remember the last time when I had an enjoyable summer.Every summer there's something shitty happening,this year my gaming TV broke,just like my router and not to mention I've been harassed by mosquitoes all summer long.If I had a kill switch for every bug in this planet I would press it without hesitation.

• edited August 2018

I feel as though I've gone through a ton of epiphanies just in this past month. I used to think there were so many chains holding me back from what I wanted to be but I've recently realized that in reality there really was only one: I cared too much about what other people think that I repressed my true self trying to appease them. I thought respect was something that always had to be reached for no matter from whom it was from, and ironically it left me feeling even more alienated from what others wanted.

And that's not to say how you feel isn't worth considering. Life is the most precious substance in the universe, and your feelings should always be considered sacred, but respect? It's just another tool. It's only good for influencing people to do what you want, and that's all well and good, but I want to believe humanity is worth more than that. As a kid I was conditioned to lie to live up to other people's standards, but you get so caught up putting on masks for other people you neglect to remedy the flaws within yourself that made you put on those masks in the first place.

A few weeks ago, when I was finally able to take a step back I realized the simple truth of how amazing this world, this time to be alive, and and this existence truly is. The fact that I am on this earth as I am is an incredible thing, and I've let anguish and self doubt get in the way of that for too long. Pain really is just another motivator, only unlike most other motivators that want to assist you in reaching your goals, pain thinks it can drag you back down into reality. Likewise those who wield pain against you think they can pull you into their narrative.

I'm a very flawed person, and I don't mean to use the fact that no one's perfect as an excuse (I get annoyed when people do that tbh) but our flaws are what keep us from becoming robots; they're an integral part of the human condition, even if we aren't proud of them. If you're not religious or spiritual feel free to disregard this, but I like to think that it's all part of a plan, and maybe that plan doesn't call for you to succeed, or even know what it is, but you will always play the part you were meant to in this world. You changed the course of something just by existing; your life had value to the universe even if it's not the kind that you wanted.

I read @psychokinesis 's post as I was about to post this, and while I'm still trying to grasp the answer to that too, I think it relates to what I was writing. I'd like to think the first step in becoming a mature adult is not only acknowledging those flaws but also accepting them as part of human nature, not only the ones yourself but in other people as well. Not to let go of that childlike idealism but to strike that perfect compromise between what you want out of yourself and of the world and appreciating and working with the limitations in both.

I'm just rambling though. I mostly post rants like this here because I want to encourage others to have the courage to post what's on their minds here lol I'm usually very reserved with thoughts like these. I really want to help this thread live up to it's purpose (not to say it hasn't it hasn't done that well enough already) and it's actually pretty helpful in encouraging me to express myself more. You guys are great, take care

• "Independent" can mean a lot of things.

If you mean financially independent, the goal would be to earn enough income that you would survive without any money from your parents or other benefactors. That usually means getting a job or jobs that pay enough, and budgeting your expenses so you have enough for all of your needs and some of your wants.

If you mean thinking independently, you can do that anytime, but it's not always easy if you're not also financially independent. You just evaluate things based on your own standards. Others can tell you things are right or wrong, but you're the judge of how right and wrong they truly are. Though you probably ought to listen to the opinions of the police.

Basically, you should be planning out your life, and thinking about things, analyzing them based on your own values.

Hey... um... dumb question here: [Error 404] I'm feeling pretty frustrated at myself; I feel hopeless and useless right now.

• y-yeah I'm gonna hop on this question with you. thought of the same thing today, and I'm feeling kind of defeated about it.

Hey... um... dumb question here: [Error 404] I'm feeling pretty frustrated at myself; I feel hopeless and useless right now.

• My experience with bipolar and other similar personality disorders is that even when they act out selfishly there is still an element of genuine love in their actions. In fact often times they love you so much that the pain that causes them to harm themselves comes from their mind distorting reality over minor grievances to make it appear like you don't love them back. That obviously wasn't true. Dysfunctions in the brain that affect personality are real and they are just as if not more lethal than sources that attack the brain from the outside, and emotional pain is a legitimate form of pain that needs to be treated as seriously as any other kind of pain like a bad cut or a broken bone. Even if you can't see it, it's still a red flag that damage is being done to the mind.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know bereavement of suicide is one of the worst types of grief because it feels like there's some responsibility in their passing. You were a great sister to him. Siblings shouldn't have to take on the role of counselor for each other because they're meant to be learning together. We can't control all the trauma another person goes through, and emotional support sometimes just isn't enough to help people get through hard times, and that isn't our fault. You loved him and looked up to him, so you did all you could even if it's hard not to look back and see the ways you could've stopped it when you didn't have the wisdom you have now.

My thoughts go out to you, I hope someday you can find peace with his death, but it's okay to take your time.

• Okay bud, I can see you just want to open her eyes a bit, and I'd love to challenge you, but I don't put up with disrespect to the dead, disrespect to the mentally ill, or disrespect to those grieving the death of loved ones. You clearly don't have much experience in tactfulness or understanding in how the human mind works, so I don't think you're fit to help out here. Get out of this thread before I tear you a new one.

• edited August 2018

This isn't a place where you can just ban them and delete their posts and everything's fine (though you did your job well mods). The people that come to this thread willingly place their hearts on their sleeves because they have faith in the regulars here. Their emotional health is at stake. This thread works on trust, and I'm not going to let some obnoxious "voice of the truth" who can barely type ruin that by going on a spiel about how the suicidal deserve to be spat upon and their loved ones deserve nothing but shame when they're already broken. Next time I'm not giving any warnings. I'm cutting them down in an instant. You want to see the wordplay that I'm capable of when I'm angry? I don't need obscenities to knock you down a peg and show you for the emotionally stunted, contemptuous ignoramus that you are. You want to come here and attack those who willingly leave themselves vulnerable in an attempt to seek help? I'm going to give you a taste of your own medicine. You're dealing with me now. You remember that the next time you stoop so low as to go after the dead and their loved ones.

• I missed whatever happened, but suicide is a volatile topic.

I agree that this should be a thread where it's safe to say what's bothering you without being attacked for it. If that starts happening, people aren't going to post here, and that won't help anyone.

• edited August 2018

I know we shouldn't talk of banned users but this one's got my attention. Why in the world was @walkingdeadfan101 banned?
    (If it was because they asked, that's totally fine. I'd understand.)

But if not: that's uncalled for, imo.

Nothing in their posting history seems to break the rules or warrant a ban, and they were really brave in posting a story of their experience in dealing with the death of their brother, and in posting it to get it off their chest.

I don't know what the restrictions are in getting banned -- though I do know you get greeted with a big page saying "you're banned" -- but they won't know of any important replies. They confided in members of this thread, and now they've been cut off... That feels unfair.

• I assumed she asked for a ban afterwards so I didn't touch up on that but if she really was banned for lashing out then that really isn't acceptable. Sometimes getting pissed is justified, and if someone told me that my sibling was a selfish coward for attempting suicide and I should be ashamed that I didn't do enough to stop them I would've decked them in the face. It's the mods' forum so it's their decision but to me compassion should come before enforcing rules, even if it's your job.

That guy is what I thought anyone who posted genuinely troubling stuff would come across here when I first saw this thread, and no one should tolerate that even if it's against the rules not to.

AChicken posted: »

I know we shouldn't talk of banned users but this one's got my attention. Why in the world was @walkingdeadfan101 banned? (If it was becau

• Hey guys I just want to add that if you ever disagree with one of my ramblings here please feel free to object to them. I know I can seem sensitive but I actually just want to be convinced that I'm wrong more than anything so I can adopt a better point of view. I'd love to get a second opinion from you guys even if it's not exactly pleasant. As long there's no obvious disrespect towards me for giving my thoughts I'm sure I'll be able to understand where you're coming from :smile:

• Not really frustrated but just kinda annoyed I guess?

If you like nothing Telltale does and all you do on the forums here is complain, why on Earth are you still here? Clearly nothing about the company or this forum interests you anymore so why not just leave?

"I'm only still here because I want to see Telltale improve."

Absolute bullshit. One glance at your comment history and anyone can tell that you're only here to bitch and moan while pretending like you're actually adding to the conversation.

• Lots of people like that here these days. Makes a person feel like if they say anything nice about telltale or defend something they've done they'll have all hell rain down upon them.

lupinb0y posted: »

Not really frustrated but just kinda annoyed I guess? If you like nothing Telltale does and all you do on the forums here is complain, wh

• I like to compare those people to Anton Ego from Ratatouille.

I'm sure they really did love Telltale at one point, then eventually they became disaffected with the decisions the company made in the wake of their success (and sometimes that's justified) and decided if Telltale isn't going to take the devotion of their fans seriously and continually screw them over they'll snark the hell out of them instead.

Hopefully the changes Telltale is going through will bring them back on the company's side even if it's unlikely.

lupinb0y posted: »

Not really frustrated but just kinda annoyed I guess? If you like nothing Telltale does and all you do on the forums here is complain, wh

Sign in to comment in this discussion.