The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• but yeh if you're also cutting off all your other friends too then maybe you've got bigger things to deal with ?

You make valid points but your wording is veering into judgemental territory. We don't antagonize anyone asking for help or looking to vent here because that could alienate others who could potentially want to confide in this thread. You're not under fire or anything and you can still give the same idea, but be careful with how the OP will react when you write it.

sarahsenpai posted: »

u mean girls who don't feel the same way about u as you used to feel about them, riiiight? i mean if all u rly wanted from them was some kin

• Damn that's scary; must of got a concussion.

Hersani posted: »

I was wrestling with my little bro when I was a kid and somehow picked him up high and droped him on his back.. he then started gagging and

• edited September 2018

I don't know when these forums are going under, but I just want to say it's been a fun ride and I've met so many amazing people here. When I first joined I never would've thought I'd be an active helper in this thread or that I would ever even push myself to take it seriously at all. I never would have had I not been so floored by just how dedicated this community was to ensuring this was a place where anyone could lay out their demons and speak their mind. It was only through your maturity that this thread could live up to it's promise of a safe and encouraging environment for those that needed to confide those things to do so.

I want to raise a toast, not just to Telltale but to the impact we have made on each other's personal journeys here, and to the undying care, wisdom and support that made this thread possible to begin with. I'm proud of all of you for your courage and tenacity in just leaving yourselves vulnerable out of both trust in this community and a genuine interest in guiding those in need to a better path, and uou should be too. I have great respect for so many people in this community just from what I've seen in this thread alone, and no matter what problems you're facing right now, I know great fortune awaits all of you when that storm is over, and you can hold me to that.

Let's see those virtual glasses raised high!

• I... It's been great to have you guys in these forums. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I don't know what will become of tomorrow, but let's make the most in what we have now.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I don't know when these forums are going under, but I just want to say it's been a fun ride and I've met so many amazing people here. When I

• Thank you so much for everything Cocoa. It was amazing to meet you. You are an incredibly genuinely nice guy who has helped out so many including myself. I hope we cross paths again on Discord maybe? :smile: Thank you for everything my friend.

I don't know when these forums are going under, but I just want to say it's been a fun ride and I've met so many amazing people here. When I

• Not gonna lie, I laughed a little when I read the:

then maybe you've got bigger things to deal with ?

I Didn't take any offense by it

Also,I just want to forget who I was back in HS, and I can't do that if my "friends" are there to remind me. Neither they nor I were bad people, we just acted really fucking stupid, but It was all in good fun. We were just funny people, always making ourselves and everyone else laugh. But Idk, it's just that when I look back at it, I'm not happy with any of it. Always playing, being dumb, and joking around. Some people didn't know when to take me serious because of how I was. I was a real fucking idiot. I'm not blaming my friends because of how I acted, but they're part of the reason I was like that.

but yeh if you're also cutting off all your other friends too then maybe you've got bigger things to deal with ? You make valid poin

• The only thing I was wondering about is what does it mean for games I've gotten through here? With them shutting down does this mean they are gone for good.

• I wanna know what will become of the forum once Telltale officially dies. I haven't shared much in here but I'd like to. That is, if this website doesn't get taken down.

• Their customer service team were included in the layoffs. I wouldn't hold your breath for any solutions from Telltale, just download the .exe files and back them up them somewhere while you can.

Sta-au posted: »

The only thing I was wondering about is what does it mean for games I've gotten through here? With them shutting down does this mean they are gone for good.

• i'm so sorry! i'm probably the least judgmental person ever. just trying to understand things correctly and not give the wrong advice. i know i'm not exactly the smartest or most perspective person around ? but i like helping ppl. i guess i can come across as kinda nosy or rude when trying to find the real problem.

but yeh if you're also cutting off all your other friends too then maybe you've got bigger things to deal with ? You make valid poin

• edited September 2018

I've gotten the "don't wear a mask" advice before. I don't blame you and I'm not annoyed at you, but it's insulting.

You know what??

That's fine and I don't feel offended one bit!

Really, when I was writing that, even I thought 'Okay, this seems a bit pretentious and insensitive... Maybe he'll take it in a good way?' No. Obviously.
    You can totally wear a mask if you want to. And despite how you did say that you don't want to force yourself to be lighthearted when that's not the case, there are limits to what you share and you decide what they are. If you want to withhold information about why you're angry or you want to avoid why you've had a bout of inactivity followed by depressing comments, that's your decision and it's my responsibility to accept it.

Point is: You do you. But we'll always be ready to listen if you're willing to talk. You can also not talk and we'll respect that. Boundaries are a thing, of course.

Okay here I go I don't degrade the value of this thread, and especially not your support, you guys are great and I appreciate all the

• Only issue I see from that is that you need to download the episodes. I probably should have just kept the steam key I got before from a humble bundle for this I guess.

Their customer service team were included in the layoffs. I wouldn't hold your breath for any solutions from Telltale, just download the .exe files and back them up them somewhere while you can.

• Maybe he'll take it in a good way?' No. Obviously.

If you want to withhold information about why you're angry or you want to avoid why you've had a bout of inactivity followed by depressing comments, that's your decision and it's my responsibility to accept it.

Chicken this is a sore subject for me and I'm certain you mean well but your tone is coming off as irreverent. What I want doesn't translate into what I decide. Being accused of selfishly withholding information sets me off more than anything, and I won't tolerate it. You're not entitled to understand the circumstances behind my decisions or the turmoil beneath them, and your support is still just as valuable to me in spite of that. I seriously thank you for respecting that.

I'm not mad at you and I'm sorry if I upset you. You're a great friend and I will come to you and other friends I've met here if I feel like they could relate and give insight, and if I don't have faith in that there's no disrespect meant towards you guys.

AChicken posted: »

I've gotten the "don't wear a mask" advice before. I don't blame you and I'm not annoyed at you, but it's insulting. You know what??

• I honestly thought this thread was made yesterday after the news from Telltale.

• edited September 2018

Chicken this is a sore subject for me and I'm certain you mean well but your tone is coming off as irreverent.

Oh. Okay.. I certainly didn't think it'd come off like that that time.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

Being accused of selfishly withholding information

No no no! I'm not accusing you! I don't mean to! I was talking in hypotheticals!

You're not entitled to understand the circumstances behind my decisions

I don't expect to. I don't think I said that (did I?) Your business is your business.

My response there maybe wasn't directed entirely at you, but moreso to anyone who feels like they want to say something but at the same time doesn't want to.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your original comment.

Maybe I said it in the wrong way. I don't know, sometimes I'm not so good with words.

Eehhh can you help me here?
    What is it you're saying? What do you want me to say?

Maybe he'll take it in a good way?' No. Obviously. If you want to withhold information about why you're angry or you want to avoid wh

• No I'm sorry there's just a lot that drives me insane and even moreso that I can't articulate it. Being told I'm not trying or I'm selfish or that I'm keeping secrets is kinda a breaking point for me. I don't expect you to say anything as long as you're respectful, but you didn't mean any offense so it's all good.

Chicken this is a sore subject for me and I'm certain you mean well but your tone is coming off as irreverent. Oh. Okay.. I certainl

• edited September 2018

Okay, so I reread my comment above, and yeah it does come off in an irreverent way.
    Sorry about that..

Point is, I care, I just want you to know that. I don't consider you selfish if you don't give any info, and I wouldn't judge you if you were to seek help.
    Again, just talking in hypotheticals.

Not being able to articulate your problems sucks. I know the feeling. I wouldn't blame you if you can't explain it to me, I'm not good at that either.

No I'm sorry there's just a lot that drives me insane and even moreso that I can't articulate it. Being told I'm not trying or I'm selfish o

• edited September 2018

It's okay and thank you for caring. This thread is great but there's some things I'd like to forget that I don't know how to vent about or if it would even be a good idea to at all. I'll have to address that stuff eventually but I'd like some peace of mind for just a little bit. Everything's fine don't worry about it :smile:

Okay, so I reread my comment above, and yeah it does come off in an irreverent way. Sorry about that.. Point is, I care, I just want you

• Cool. Thanks man.

It's okay and thank you for caring. This thread is great but there's some things I'd like to forget that I don't know how to vent about or i

• Nothing lasts forever, we all had that lightning strike hard and leave us in the dark this past week, but it's easy to forget that applies to pain too. Clear skies may not always be guaranteed but they're still the resting state of affairs regardless. Peace is the absence of conflict, not the other way around; no matter how severe a storm comes your way, it will break up eventually, it just depends on if you can stand against it long enough to see it's end.

It's been fun, and this is by no means goodbye, I'll still chat with you guys as long as this platform allows, but this era is ending. I have shoes to fill, seas to calm, fires to quench, curtains to unveil, an itch to scratch and a pyramid to spin on it's peak. You all have your own natures and phenomena to tame as well, and I hope when this all over you guys manage to conquer your own worlds too.

Take care you guys :smile:

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2018

I haven't posted in this thread much, other than occasionally lurking in passing, but I just wanted to say that I appreciated this thread in how you guys were able to help each other out and give genuinely good advice/help/etc instead of just joking around. It was really cool to see in passing that some of you guys had been genuinely helped by others in this thread, and I appreciate the maturity of the discussions that would come up out of this thread whenever I poked my head in.

If you guys have not already, I would recommend making a group chat or message board if you want to stay in touch. Maybe a Discord server, or a Steam group could work?

• edited September 2018

Venting wildly is a mistake. Your real emotions aren't handouts, they are for your use and understanding only. Anyone else only earns access to them as a privilege granted by you. No matter how low you feel yourself to be, you have dignity. You always did, you just pushed it away and you don't deserve shame for that either. You have the dignity to choose the individuals who have earned your trust; no one deserves to know how you feel, and everyone has to live up to your standards of emotional support. You can't know that until you know their therapeutic skills personally. Anyone who demands you open up with how you feel is disrespecting your choice to decide who has proven themselves worthy of processing your feelings, and they aren't worth your time.

chicken this isn't directed at you it's just what you said kinda brought up some stuff

EDIT: I'm okay if you were concerned, thank you for reading.

• edited September 2018

I think I'd agree with this stuff. It's fine.

Venting wildly is a mistake. Your real emotions aren't handouts, they are for your use and understanding only. Anyone else only earns access

• Does anyone else get that slight coldish feeling inside the middle of the chest when they feel sad? For me, it happens the moment I feel semi-really hurt(0 sense was made :D ). I honestly don't know how else to explain it, but a few seconds before you feel like you're about to breakdown, it hits. Not to sound cheesy, but it kinda feels like your heart shrivels up for a second.

• I don’t know if it’s because i’m always being pessimistic, introverted, or what, but I just think my view on everything is horrible. whether it be the random people I pass by outside, my surroundings, or anything, I always see the bad in everything before seeing the good. What would be a normal, regular day for most would be an annoying and unpleasant one for me. In short, i’m basically squidward?

• When I feel nervous, inside my stomach feels tingly (like there's "butterflies in your stomach").

When I feel hopelessness or loneliness, I get a heavy, aching feeling inside my heart.

When I feel intense fear, it's like everything slows down and I feel a zap of electricity throughout my body.

When I feel happiness, it's like a warm, fuzzy feeling inside my heart; it makes me want to be everyone's friend and I can see the positive in everything.

Intense emotions can cause physical sensations.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Does anyone else get that slight coldish feeling inside the middle of the chest when they feel sad? For me, it happens the moment I feel sem

• I get it. It feels like a mini black hole has formed in your chest.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Does anyone else get that slight coldish feeling inside the middle of the chest when they feel sad? For me, it happens the moment I feel sem

• That's why I say sometimes a mask is necessary. My words have no weight of their own to them; that doesn't change whether I put on a mask or not, only at least I can hope others will misconstrue me from a distance with one on. Maybe others can relate but that's all I can hope for. I don't give wisdom; I throw things at a wall and see if they stick with people. I know that this actual way of thinking is destructive, which is why I hope for someone with maturity to be able to challenge me on those worldviews so I can at least gain a better outlook. When I do genuinely vent about what's on my mind and not "oh I think this is how the world works" people fall silent, refer me to someone else or grow scornful and frustrated that I "refuse" their point of view or their support, sometimes all three. This has happened with everyone, even the people you suggest I could seek for help. I might let feelings overwhelm me and make mistakes, but I'm not completely careless with my words, how other people see me or the consequences of reaching out for help. I can't afford to be, which is why it frustrates me when I feel compelled to vent because I don't know how that would end up even among the people I trust, and the last thing I can handle right now is to be enticed to take off a mask when I know the bitterness that comes from it is going to alienate the people I call friends. Why would I want that? So I can have a few seconds of relief before that comes crashing down when I have to live with the fact that I put that load on the people I care about? I will decide what is best for me to share, or if confiding in this place will yield a good outcome, and I appreciate you respecting that.

I think I'd agree with this stuff. It's fine.

• edited September 2018

EDIT: This vent isn't necessarily directed at you and I don't mean any ill intent towards you, reading it over again I think it's actually meant for me. I'm in a partial self-destruction mode right now. Sorry.

Cocoa... I get it. I understand.

What I originally responded to you with... That wasn't right. It was way too direct. It invaded your personal emotional boundaries. I'm sorry.

This right here?

Then don't.
    Screw pleasantries.
    If you want to speak your mind, speak it.

That's not me. I don't say things like that, I am ashamed for doing so. I'm sorry for getting you worked up and for not respecting what you clearly stated as [paraphrasing] "there are things I want to say, but I don't want to say them... I'm sorry"

I would much rather go back and shoot myself for saying that because I picked the wrong response to your comment.
    As it turns out, I put on a mask to try and seem way more under control than I usually am, and in doing so it made me too brazen and I tried to force potential help upon you. That wasn't right.

I'm sorry if this message seems a bit emotionally charged or a bit sensitive. I'm dealing with an emotional personal problem of my own right now, I'm on a stress high so while it's probably not the best idea to throw these emotions out there, I feel vulnerable right now and I just want to come clean about this whole thing.

I know this goes against basically everything you've said in your reply, but this is me. I get desperate sometimes and the only way I can help myself is to just throw all my cupcakes at the wall and I don't bother to check if they stick until later. Sometimes I regret it. Sometimes I don't, regardless of whether or not anyone has helped me. It feels good to get problems off your chest. At least for me, sometimes.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a Chicken of 6 days ago that I need to kill.

That's why I say sometimes a mask is necessary. My words have no weight of their own to them; that doesn't change whether I put on a mask or

• edited September 2018

I feel super sick right now so I don't feel like I have the energy to respond to all of your post right now (not to say I think it's too long), but thank you Chicken. You didn't do anything wrong; I'm use to misunderstandings at this point and just the fact that you apologized is more than I could ask for. I'm not upset that you can relate to what I said, if it spoke to you there's nothing wrong with that :smile:

EDIT: This vent isn't necessarily directed at you and I don't mean any ill intent towards you, reading it over again I think it's actually m

• A few of my boyfriends friends have been diagnosed with cancer, one died last week he visited someone with a bone infection in hospital earlier and it doesn't look good for them either. I'm worried about him, I love him and I know he's upset. He's the type of person that withdraws when things weigh on him and I'm afraid about how deeply this is affecting him, he's going to a funeral tomorrow. I don't know how to help.

• If a guy withdraws, it's best to let him withdraw to sort things out in his head. Just be sure he knows you're there for him if he needs support. He'll be back.

A few of my boyfriends friends have been diagnosed with cancer, one died last week he visited someone with a bone infection in hospital earl

• From my own experience with losing friends to cancer, he has to come to the realisation that withdrawing and dealing with it on his own is not what's best for him or the people he cares about like you by himself without anyone forcing it on him, if he even feels that way at all. It will hurt him but he has to feel that pain on his own for that realisation to stick, and even if he's suffering I'm sure he's old enough to make his own decisions and work out his own problems. Let him know he has a key and he's welcome anytime and that you'll help in any way that he wants you to, but don't make him feel forced to go through the door if he's not ready; it's only going to make the situation worse if he feels like he's being emotionally held hostage on top of being in grief (believe me I know what that feels like).

The fact that you care means you are a great girlfriend to him, even if you feel powerless to do anything for him right now. I hope for the best to both of you.

A few of my boyfriends friends have been diagnosed with cancer, one died last week he visited someone with a bone infection in hospital earl

• That's very kind of you. I wish I never stepped away from this forum it's such a amazing and caring community.

From my own experience with losing friends to cancer, he has to come to the realisation that withdrawing and dealing with it on his own is n

• That's not me. I don't say things like that, I am ashamed for doing so.

No you don't have to be ashamed of it. It was you, just not the person you'd like to be in control of, but that's okay because now you know how to change it I'm sure.

I would much rather go back and shoot myself for saying that because I picked the wrong response to your comment. As it turns out, I put on a mask to try and seem way more under control than I usually am, and in doing so it made me too brazen and I tried to force potential help upon you. That wasn't right.

I've heard much worse honestly. There are plenty of people who would never take responsibility for how their words hurt others. Some might even tell you that they know they're only human and make mistakes before going back to condemning you for yours and the things you say. It's not even you saying you were in the wrong that's reassuring it's just nice to know you want to put how I'd react first :smile:

I'm sorry if this message seems a bit emotionally charged or a bit sensitive. I'm dealing with an emotional personal problem of my own right now, I'm on a stress high so while it's probably not the best idea to throw these emotions out there, I feel vulnerable right now and I just want to come clean about this whole thing.

It's okay you deal with what you have to. I'll do my best to help out if you ever felt like I could, but I hope the stress has gone down since you posted either way.

I know this goes against basically everything you've said in your reply, but this is me. I get desperate sometimes and the only way I can help myself is to just throw all my cupcakes at the wall and I don't bother to check if they stick until later. Sometimes I regret it. Sometimes I don't, regardless of whether or not anyone has helped me. It feels good to get problems off your chest. At least for me, sometimes.

It's fine if you can relate I'm not upset by it or anything, as long as my words have some meaning to people that's all I could ask for.

You're right it does help to get stuff off your chest and I'm glad it works for you. I think the problem is you are the only one who actually experiences the full gravity of your problems; you have to rely on the empathy of other people to get them to feel it too, and empathy plus how far it reaches isn't universal. You still have to be careful with who would be able to feel what you're going through otherwise that gravity will almost feel heavier in a way.

EDIT: This vent isn't necessarily directed at you and I don't mean any ill intent towards you, reading it over again I think it's actually m

• It's no problem and welcome back! It is a great community and there's a lot of awesome people here, can't believe it could just be gone tomorrow for all we know. Anyways enjoy your return here for however long it stays up :smile:

That's very kind of you. I wish I never stepped away from this forum it's such a amazing and caring community.

• can't believe it could just be gone tomorrow for all we know.

Stop talking like that!! [is still in denial] ?

It's no problem and welcome back! It is a great community and there's a lot of awesome people here, can't believe it could just be gone tomorrow for all we know. Anyways enjoy your return here for however long it stays up

• shhh see if we anticipate the worst case scenario fate can't shock us and will leave us alone out of boredom! I've got it alll figured out~

[totally not in the denial stage with you]?

can't believe it could just be gone tomorrow for all we know. Stop talking like that!! [is still in denial] ?

• At the end of the day, what I want more than anything is to just find a suit that fits me, just so I can be at peace with my own size for once. I want to feel like I'm qualified to tell my own story, without having to fear the magnifying glass and how small it makes me feel. I love the small and I love seeing potential in it, an avalanche is much more satisfying when catylised by a pebble, but it's that pebble's own size that gives that impact it's catharsis. Whatever splash I end up making, I want to know it'll be by a scale I deserve.

?

• You are an absolute word artist ?

At the end of the day, what I want more than anything is to just find a suit that fits me, just so I can be at peace with my own size for on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.