The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• edited January 2019

This is what i got. Some people are really weird lol

https://imgur.com/QaKI2nU

Dex-Starr posted: »

I hardly even know this guy and hes sending me messages like this. And this is real, hes been doing this on discord for the past couple of d

• Who hasn’t encountered him?? Always asking about him people about him wanting to eat her and shit

Bruno113 posted: »

This is what i got. Some people are really weird lol https://imgur.com/QaKI2nU

• I received something similar to that the other day and forgot to say.

Who hasn’t encountered him?? Always asking about him people about him wanting to eat her and shit

• I get a huge sense that he's trolling from those messages (Leinad was persistent in his trolling too) but if he is serious the best thing to do is not to provoke or encourage him. Aggressive stalkers are possessive of your attention and anger still feeds that to them. It's good to let him know how he's acting isn't acceptable and he needs to respect when people tell him they're uncomfortable and feel like their boundaries are crossed if he really doesn't want you to push him away, just as long as how you say it doesn't exasperated him, but I know you're trying to do that. Basically be kind to him but also be firm about how you want him to talk to you and that you won't talk to him if he keeps acting that way, though it's for you to decide if you want to again eventually.

I hardly even know this guy and hes sending me messages like this. And this is real, hes been doing this on discord for the past couple of d

• That's what I thought at first too. Classic Wonder.

Melton23 posted: »

He’s taking the piss

• Yeah, classic wonder, right?

Ghetsis posted: »

That's what I thought at first too. Classic Wonder.

• Woah, came on to see this.

Protect your own health first. His self-harm isn't on you. You don't want to push him, you can be responsible for hurting his feelings more than necessary, but we have to avoid hurting people's feelings while being honest with rejection all the time and this is an unhealthy reaction to that.

Again, be kind and for your sake do your best to forgive him for what he's doing. If he's not trolling then he's not in the right mindset so anger isn't going to help him see how he's wrong.

Yeah, classic wonder, right?

• at first

Yeah, classic wonder, right?

• I suppose I am going through an identity crisis, I know I come out with a lot of silly stuff on here, and this sounds silly, but it is true, I just have a shitload of problems I can't deal with, I am just not strong enough on a mental level.
    I have a lot of doubt in pretty much anything and everything I do, with this case, I question if the deeds I do, even if they come across as kind and good to others, do not feel good to me. I believe that you know you did a good deed when you feel good after, because you know you did something good, but when I do something that is perceived to be good, such as giving away some lunch money so my friends can buy lunch for themselves, or helping people with schoolwork, I just don't feel anything, I don't feel like it is good, even though anyone else might look at it as a nice thing to do. I even feel like the things I do, the "good things" I do, aren't genuine, that subconsciously, I do them to be viewed in a positive light. My Tutor, who I admire greatly for how good of a person she is, says that she sees a genuine person in me, but I can't see it. I guess it is kind of pointless to bring that up as no one here knows me offline outside of the Forums or the general Internet
    I am doubting my sense of morality too, the principles I have and the views I hold on certain issues, I don't feel anything towards it, I have no feeling towards it, it is just blank to me, and I don't understand why. I am worried about it, as they are something I believe in, that I should feel something towards, but I don't and I feel even more messed up

• Protect your own health first. His self-harm isn't on you.

Oh believe me, I know it isn't.
    You're a good listener and give really good advice. You should become a therapist.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Woah, came on to see this. Protect your own health first. His self-harm isn't on you. You don't want to push him, you can be responsible

• edited January 2019

@dylanwoods777 I remember you saying you prayed to God about something similar a while back, so I'll bring faith into it for this one (not that that's ever a bad thing to do as long as you're not persecuting anyone for their beliefs).

The only people who know your true heart are you and God. If your conscience is telling you something, it's trying to provide truths we can't give you as we don't know your heart. Don't fight it; it's not trying to hurt you and if you do hurt yourself it will only ring louder as it wants what's best for you. In Christianity it's referred to as the Holy Spirit, since the goal of it's existence is to teach you a more righteous way of living. If you still pray and you want to follow it, pray to be guided to understand why you feel that way.

When the Bible says you can't buy your way into heaven with good works, it's because both that would be a selfish reason for goodwill (and selfishness is something faith seeks to eradicate) and good works don't indicate a good heart, as there's many wolves in sheep's clothing using goodwill to benefit themselves even if it is just for self esteem. That's why the label "nice guy" has a negative connotation to some. Niceties please people, they step aside and let people on their way without resistance. Kindness pleases the soul, it tells those people the path they are on will lead to destruction, and goes out of it's way to show them a brighter path.

I'll stop there. If these things make sense and you're not completely repulsed by the faith they'll speak to you.

Edit: I was in a rush and those grammatical errors were going to drive me crazy lol

• edited January 2019

I'm looking to become a pastor actually. I was always more spiritual than psychological and if the wisdom reaches them they might be inspired to seek the faith. It's always a choice and I won't force it on anyone (I've been on the receiving end of that before and I don't want others to have to go through it).

Protect your own health first. His self-harm isn't on you. Oh believe me, I know it isn't. You're a good listener and give really good advice. You should become a therapist.

• Sorry for the late response, I have given up on religion I think, I still hold some belief in it, and it has shaped my morality, it had also led me to wanting to do more good things in my life, but I guess I rather just focus on myself and not have religion be a part of the equation anymore, as while the seeds of my beliefs came from it, what it has evolved into and became was due to me I believe.
    I am confused as to why I feel like this, not so long ago, I knew a good deed was good, but now I don't know if what I do is still good, my actions haven't changed and I still do what I used to do, like being charitable and helping out people I consider my friends, but there is just a lot of doubt going on with me

Cocoa2736 posted: »

@dylanwoods777 I remember you saying you prayed to God about something similar a while back, so I'll bring faith into it for this one (not t

• I am not a doctor.

Here's a non-religious take. What you describe to me sounds a lot like a dopamine receptor shutdown. I've seen this mostly happen in people addicted to psychoactive drugs, where the drugs release a flood of dopamine (the chemical that makes the brain feel good). Repeated doses cause the brain to try to compensate by shutting down dopamine receptors, which just causes the user to need more drugs, and that's how addiction happens.

Not saying you're an addicted drug user, but there might be some other reason why your dopamine receptors aren't functioning optimally. You'd have to see a psychiatrist for a better diagnosis.

Sorry for the late response, I have given up on religion I think, I still hold some belief in it, and it has shaped my morality, it had also

• We do good to strengthen community and family, to minimize pain and give way to healthy socialization. That is how our maker, no matter how you believe we were made, defined the desirable outcome of our nature as a species of social creatures. What does evil do? It destroys. It serves itself regardless of whom it hurts or how it impacts community. It brings a community into chaos and despair. Immorality undermines us. If goodness itself is undermined by immorality, then what hope is there for community? We will devolve into skepticism and paranoia, both inwardly and towards others.

Is it possible to balance out good and evil pragmatically? If you will it, but then you're contributing to the limiting of mankind's potential trying to strategically think of yourself so you don't feel bad. That's not good.

I know you're a good person, and good and evil is not an on and off switch. It's a spectrum, and one that no one else on Earth but you can know where you fall on. From what you said you do good but want it to feel genuine, which means you have room to grow into a greater person than you are now, and you have shown the humility to allow that to take place. Whether you consider it soul-searching or introspection, follow that feeling. It will take you somewhere; whether that's faith or otherwise is not for me to say. If it is, don't be discouraged if it makes you feel uncomfortable for a time.

As for psychiatry, the mind and soul are interconnected, but their connection is only as strong as you permit it to be. If you say in your heart that the spirit doesn't exist, it will be dead to you, and if you have second thoughts it will show up at the front door the moment you call, but it has no obligation to. If you use medication as a substitute for soul-searching instead of an emergency supply of chemicals until you can find it, then your wish will be granted and it will leave you to your own devices, regardless of what comes of it. I'm not a doctor though; discredit me if you want.

I hope the best for you. If anything sounds wrong please speak out and if you want to talk more PM me.

Sorry for the late response, I have given up on religion I think, I still hold some belief in it, and it has shaped my morality, it had also

• Before I say anything I'd like to apologize for not answering for such a long time. I had to ease my mind a bit.

I would like to thank you all for your advice and words of encouragement. I feel a lot better now. @Melton23 I took your advice about setting some goals. I've decided I want to be a professional artist that maybe someday will make concept arts for games, tv shows or whatever. Took me some time but I rediscovered my "artistic mind", or whatever that might be. I have so many ideas in my head and even if the results are way worse than I expected them to be, it's still good to keep my mind mind off those terrible thoughts. @Cocoa2736 I thank you for all your words. It was really touching to finally "hear" someone who understands what I'm going through, someone that took me seriously for once in my life and I'm really thankful to you. Also I decided to go and visit a professional although I'm not gonna lie, it terrifies me. I'm not an optimist, but I hope that in the future all these thoughts I had, will just become a grim memories. Once again thank you so much, your words helped me a lot and it makes me really happy to have met such wonderful people like you all.
    I wish I could say something more, something to appreciate you guys more, but I've never been good with words.

Thanks again @WarpSpeed @Melton23 @Cocoa2736

• Positivity and ambition is the only way to go! I myself have been inspired to do some soul searching recently through recent personal events. Maybe people may not be so bad, and I guess I’ll see

bruzdaa posted: »

Before I say anything I'd like to apologize for not answering for such a long time. I had to ease my mind a bit. I would like to thank yo

• Great, hope it all gets better!

bruzdaa posted: »

Before I say anything I'd like to apologize for not answering for such a long time. I had to ease my mind a bit. I would like to thank yo

• edited April 2019

I’ve had something on my mind for the past few months that I haven’t been able to share with anyone apart from one of my friends who feels the same way and a bunch of people I hardly know over the internet, though that makes it seem a little better.

I’m fed up with society. People always make things harder than they need to be and it honestly pisses me off. For the past 2 years now I’ve started seeing things as they truly are and it honestly depresses me, people being dickheads to each other, people being murdered over sport, people being murdered in general rather than living peaceful lives as was intended, and due to my sensitivity I can’t even say anything about it. Just a few moments ago I had to tell my business teacher that I was out of town for the day so I’d miss the submission deadline, therefore I handed my work in there and then, however he goes and tells me that there was more work to do and I missed a lot out, calls me out in front of the entire class, says that he told me beforehand, only for it to turn out that nobody else did it either so he blatantly didn’t, which naturally lead to into essentially saying fuck this (though not like that, I wish I could have but I’m not built to withstand an argument against a teacher without caving in) and just walking out there and then back home cos I’m honestly sick of people placing the blame on me when it’s their fault, as well as adding more work that I have 1 day to complete despite being sick, and now I’ve had to cancel my trip.

That’s just one of the smaller instances, but instead of people actually being there for each other and spreading positivity, we have over expensive bills, minimum wage for people who should be getting paid a lot more, long work hours and if you actually want to make a decent living you have to work hard but there should be no such thing as hard work, seeing as it’s called “life” and not “work” for a reason. People are supposed to enjoy themselves, instead we have people being pressured into suicide and terrorism because of how badly this world is run, and how annoying people can be. I’ve said for a while that I don’t even know if I’ll make it to 2020 at this point the world is in some serious need of change and people, and society in general, seriously need onto get their act together

This has been on my mind for a while, and if people don’t change then I srsly hope that something, anything at all, comes along and forces things to be better

• Sorry your teacher is obnoxious. Some of them are like that. He wound up getting embarrassed in front of the class himself, though. It worked out that you didn't yell back at him, which wouldn't have resulted in anything good.

There's actually positive stuff out there. It just doesn't get reported on the news much. Look around and see if you can find examples of people being nice and helping each other when they don't have to. You'll find more negative stuff looking around, too, but maybe there's enough good things out there to restore your faith in humanity.

Melton23 posted: »

I’ve had something on my mind for the past few months that I haven’t been able to share with anyone apart from one of my friends who feels t

• I just don’t like cities, which could be one of the issues, especially my own city and basically every city in the UK ever, London arguably being the best one but even then it wasn’t the greatest. Just today French exchange students came for a visit, and almost everyone outside started to shout things like “immigrant”. I’m surrounded by negativity on a daily basis and I have no idea what I can do about it

WarpSpeed posted: »

Sorry your teacher is obnoxious. Some of them are like that. He wound up getting embarrassed in front of the class himself, though. It wo

• edited April 2019

Our dog Chuckie died last Sunday. He didn't make it to 10 years old. Sadly, he probably wasn't meant to live long because of his constant seizures. We tried taking the dog to the vets, but they never told us anything plausible - might've been something genetical. Chuckie was a black fluffy fat chihuahua, sometimes acting like a dog genius and sometimes being the biggest buffoon. He was troublesome but nevertheless loved. My mom, who was always against getting a dog and often complained about Chuckie, seems to grieve the most.

I didn't cry. I don't know why. When my grandma died, I was 12 and I didn't cry as well, but then again I barely knew her so her death didn't leave any impact on me. However, we brought Chuckie home when I was 7 and it's hard to remember what life was like before him. He was always there, for 9 years straight. Maybe I can't grieve at all, who knows. My mom and sister literally wept when they learned the news, I just felt uncomfortable being next to them. Do I even have a heart?

What saddens me the most is that we weren't there. I had holidays at school so our family went to Istanbul for a week. We had to leave Chuckie with out grandpa. We were about to return home, when grandpa called us and announced his death. Our dog liked to make hideouts underneath couches and that's where he was when grandpa yelled for him to go and eat. But Chuckie didn't answer anything, didn't even make a sound. Grandpa found him dead. At least it was a peaceful way to go, no suffering at all. He only had some blood in his mouth.

Also grandpa buried Chuckie without us, which made mom really mad. Hopefully we'll visit the grave this weekend.

Our flat feels empty and silent now. It's hard to adjust. When I come back home, nobody is running up to me. Nobody's gonna lick my hands for an hour straight or bark at every guest. It isn't that bad, just.... weird. Awfully odd. I couldn't imagine a tiny dog would leave a whole void behind. How am I going to handle losing people in the future?

• It maybe a little TMI, but I'm sorry for your loss. I know it can feel very unusual to lose a Dog that's been a part of your life for so long. Especially when the dog has funny quirks that leave an impression on you. Things like that take time to get used to. I pretty much had that same problem too, letting out emotions around other people when my Dog died. It was like it was locked away. It wasn't until I got back home from the Vet and put myself alone in a room in the dark that I was able to let out any emotion. Even now, things feel strange sometimes not having that dog in our household. I don't know any special ways that can help you adjust a little easier, but I've heard that telling people of your thoughts can help ease your process of grief and transitioning smoother into moving on from it. I would think the more people you share your thoughts with the better, as long as they are willing to listen. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

Our dog Chuckie died last Sunday. He didn't make it to 10 years old. Sadly, he probably wasn't meant to live long because of his constant se

• One of the bands I follow is a small unsigned one, named Roses & Cigarettes. Its singer, Jenny Pagliaro, died last week of Stage IV breast cancer. She was 35.

Did I cry? Not hysterically. I don't know her personally. But I'm sad. I feel in how I relate. I've monitored the news on Twitter for the past couple of years. Jenny was also a good writer, and she wrote a blog about her fight with cancer. Her final entry was last December. Here's an earlier one where she described how she felt with a similar loss, when one of her friends with the same condition didn't make it.

I'm also sad when I think of how others close to her must feel. The other member of the band, Angela Petrilli, hasn't made a statement, but everyone imagines that she must be devastated.

When people and animals close to you are gone, but you still have your memories of them, you'll deal with it in your own way. You have your act together and can provide comfort for others who have been hit harder. You may be hit with emotions yourself later, when you least suspect, or maybe your logical self will prevail. You don't know how you will deal with others who will pass away in the future, and that's OK. That time will come. There's nothing wrong with you.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Our dog Chuckie died last Sunday. He didn't make it to 10 years old. Sadly, he probably wasn't meant to live long because of his constant se

• edited April 2019

Ugh. There's this guy in my course who's a bit... Odd.
    He talks to himself a lot, has this weird obsession with this one girl in the course (he asked her out once, she denied but he can't let it go), and is pretty socially inept.

Recently found out he knows my address. He knows most people's addresses already (no idea how) but today in our student lounge/computer room, I mentioned to my class an email confirming my acceptance to another college program for next year, and with my email open like that, of course he spots my address and makes a big deal of it.

It's not that bad, as I don't think he's going to do anything with it... He's not really that kind of person, and hasn't done anything with anyone else's yet, but it's just... Weird. Like, just an uncomfortable feeling.
    He's the last person I wanted to see my personal info, and here we go. My parents live here, let alone me...

Mmmmmph. :s

• edited April 2019

Hecken Creeps man. From my experience the only way to beat a creeper is to out-CREEPER a creeper, to basically make them uncomfortable to go anywhere near you. I don't really care about my social status, but If that were my situation would tell him like; "If you ever come to my house, I'll RAPE you." It gets to their level of understanding, more effective than a cliched death threat because it tells them it's an experience they will remember for a LONG time, and generally creeps feel intimidated by STRONG motivations to go into something they have never experienced, especially since he seems to have some self-esteem issues anyways.

But, I know. It's not really the productive way to go about it.

An alternative is to actually treat them like a person. Those ­self-esteem issues are probably what are effecting him the most and probably are why he acts the way he does. With most of his stress and tensions being focused on that girl as his means of escape. Maybe why he is tracking all your addresses is because he wants to find a sort of connection with his class mates, but he just doesn't know how to go about it. He would need someone who could break the ice by respectfully chatting with him, and listen to his thoughts, to encourage him to feel like he isn't below everyone else. And then, with support, his mind would be able to open up and reveal his true personality; one that isn't as creepy and is more able to show his respect and appreciation for others. And with that, he wouldn't need to care about those addresses anymore.

So that's what I can think of. You can see for yourself if you could try to help him in this way, or find someone who could; Maybe not a councilor, because knowing they're paid to listen to your thoughts can be harder to give confidence that you are actually a respected person/or it is that easy to make a friend. But, I wouldn't blame you if you went the other route. Either way could be justified.

AChicken posted: »

Ugh. There's this guy in my course who's a bit... Odd. He talks to himself a lot, has this weird obsession with this one girl in the course

• He sounds like the kind of guy who gets high on knowing things he's "not supposed to know." He really shouldn't be going after people's addresses, though, because then if something happens, he'd have to be reported to the police as a possibility, even if he had nothing to do with it. Sometimes it's better not to know stuff you're not supposed to know. :)

Anyway, he's probably harmless. It's not up to you to fix his social problems.

Ugh. There's this guy in my course who's a bit... Odd. He talks to himself a lot, has this weird obsession with this one girl in the course

• edited April 2019

@Zombiekiller3121

An alternative is to actually treat them like a person. Those ­self-esteem issues are probably what are effecting him the most and probably are why he acts the way he does. … Maybe why he is tracking all your addresses is because he wants to find a sort of connection with his class mates, but he just doesn't know how to go about it.

Ehhh, maybe. I don't really think it's exactly that. I think his quirks are more of a deeper issue. The class believes he has some sort of mental health issue, but not exactly sure what. (and there's no real way to find out without asking him, even so we aren't sure we'd get a clear answer. No teacher has mentioned anything -- though why would they as that would be private information, and it's not like there's any parents of his to ask; we're in college, he comes and goes as he pleases. Anyway, it's a mystery, but not really any of our business...)

You can see for yourself if you could try to help him in this way, or find someone who could; Maybe not a councilor, because knowing they're paid to listen to your thoughts can be harder to give confidence that you are actually a respected person/or it is that easy to make a friend.

It's a nice thought, but I wouldn't really know where to start with that. And I'm not sure I'm properly equipped to find such a thing.

@WarpSpeed

He sounds like the kind of guy who gets high on knowing things he's "not supposed to know."

That's exactly it. He gets high on secret, forbidden information, as well as on things he finds to be "cool" and "looked down upon" and includes things such as naughty words and shaming people in a joking manner over minor mistakes -- probably because he thinks it's funny and cool to do, but no one laughs of course.
    As an example, about 2 weeks ago he came into our 10am class with 2 cans of beer, started gloating about it, was obviously a bit drunk and carefree, and needless to say it wasn't long before those items were confiscated, thankfully.

Anyway, he's probably harmless.

Yup. He gloated about it the next day, and while it did annoy me somewhat, it's probably something that wouldn't go anywhere in the long run. Overall, he's an okay guy, he's just got some eccentricities that can put people off, and having them front and-center a lot can make it hard to see the guy for who he is and wants to be. It's just that it's the end of school now and since he doesn't seem to be auditioning for the larger 3-year theatre program like many others in the course, I may never see him again. Didn't really want my last memory of the guy to be "yeah, I've got your address and postal code which you never meant to give me".

HOWEVER,
    You'll be happy to know that I've solved the problem.

Before I start, I realise I accidentally left out a few key points of my story that I forgot to write above. (1) When he saw my address, of course he took a picture of it because why not, right?? So, he had it saved on his phone by then, meaning I couldn't really wait it out and hoped he forgot the address. (2) He doesn't really know the specific addresses of other people, but he knows the general area or region of town they are. More specifically, it's mostly whichever subway station or transit stop they get off at, meaning he's only got a broad sense of where they live. With me, he got the real deal street and number.
    That's all. So....

I approached him after class today, and kindly asked him if he would delete the picture of my address off of his phone. He then responded that he already deleted it! Just for safe measure, I asked to see his phone for proof, and wouldn't you know he was telling the truth. Couldn't find it on there. That's a load off of my psyche.

I'm glad that he had the sense and decency to delete my address. And coincidentally, today my class and I were talking about how he's actually matured pretty well over the course of this year. Originally in the beginning, he'd erupt with laughter at every rude comment or word, he'd repeat funny things to himself constantly, and was mostly pretty isolated with himself. But since then, he's really learned some self-control, as he's greatly improved with that. Even more so is how engaged he's become and how dedicated he is to the work. Like, in a few group projects he'd pull his own weight just fine. He'd do the work required of him. Example: just today we had our Vocal Masque performances (which if you don't know is a theatrical presentation of original and borrowed material - real-world things like music, TV, Movies, Internet facts, etc. - about a certain topic, just a smorgasbord of content) and he was a part of a group that made a 15-minute presentation. That's a lot of work, and it was the longest of all of them today. They presented a bunch of original and borrowed content, and was well choreographed. They managed to memorize it all perfectly. They didn't have any apparent slip-ups. He did his job well and was well-engaged with the group and his lines he had to say. It was great!

But anyway, I gave him a big ol' hug after finding out he deleted the picture.

• edited April 2019

Who doesn’t talk to themselves? It’s sad because I’m not joking here.

There’s a shady guy in my school who knows just about everyone’s addresses and hasn’t done anything with them (and I mean shady as in the kind of guy who literally typed in big black cock, sorry for the vulgarity but that’s what he said, on my school account) so at the end of the day you’ll probably be fine.

• Got into another argument with the parents. I feel like we can all admit that thought and logic goes out the window for them when it comes to these things so here we go.

Basically the ma goes on a rant about the pa being “lazy” despite the fact he works as a business manager 12 hours a day, 6am-6pm, so I obviously jump to his defence by saying, well he works long shifts, of course he is going to come straight home to the couch, which then lead me to getting the bright idea of saying “all you do is clean the place”. Now I do understand how hard that can be, but in this case she cleans thing that just don’t need cleaning! I catch her scrubbing spotless tables, vacuuming rugs that were literally vacuumed less than an hour ago, that kind of stuff, so basically I call her out on it and that’s when it started.

She went and phoned literally every relative I have to tell “her” side of the story, which was nothing at all near to the facts, and nobody is going to believe me because “I’m just the kid” to them, now I basically look like the worst human imaginable even though my argument was just.

So I approached her literally moments ago to tell her that the work I do is just as hard a second what she does, and it’s true. I have to develop a website, draw comparisons between 2 business websites and link them to the principles of web design, I’m consecutively juggling to business assignments (financing and market research) and I need to make a magazine, 3 posters for the magazine, do an interview as well as write out a 500 word statement for what my magazine is supposed to be about and who it panders to, that kind of stuff, on top of the fact that I have to resist a shitty maths exam, a 10 hour exam where I need to build a database as well as 2 media study exams.

So after stating that her work is nothing compared to mine, especially considering she gets free time and I don’t, I simply said to her “how about you do all of my work for me and I’ll do the housework” so that seems fair right? Apparently not to her, cos when I did say that she screamed in my face, got the da over to her side, despite the fact that she was chatting shit about his before and I was defending, and now I’m currently holed up in the room with them trying to force me out. But it’s not happening. I will literally go through any lengths to get my own way and to prove my point to a bunch of imbeciles who just don’t understand how to use any part of their brain.

• Oh sorry wrong thread

s a d

• Hey guys, I'm going through a rough patch. I'm dealing with some new changes, and my parents are getting a divorce. Lately I've been feeling depressed, and Suicidal. I've been told that it was my fault, Which makes me feel really bad. My family (Or what was my family) is broke. Ok, so lets go on a budget. So they do; then buy my younger siblings more stuff than I've ever wanted! All I ask for is a couple of manga and my brother has to go get all of the damn fnaf plushies. Oh lets not mention the ten shirts you got my younger sister, and 2 pairs of bleached jeans. You know what I got, nothing. Everytime, this happens. Now, that's not why i'm depressed I just feel like i'm being lied too. And my siblings just treat me like garbage. My younger brother got one of those F.G.T.V figures and he's been blaming me on anything that happens to it. And my sister just hits and kicks me. Please help. There's no one to talk to.

• edited October 2019

It sounds like you're Harry Potter and you're living with the Dursley's. Do what He did and get out of there when you can. You maybe blood but if they have been treating you bad this whole time then do you really owe them anything? Also, that is really dark that your parents are putting the blame on you for their problems. You shouldn't have to put up with that. If you can't even get help from your parents to stop your siblings from treating you badly then you really should just pack your bags and leave.

Hey guys, I'm going through a rough patch. I'm dealing with some new changes, and my parents are getting a divorce. Lately I've been feeling

• I'm fourteen dude i can't just run away, and only my father is putting the blame on me. Thanks for the advice. I owe you one!

It sounds like you're Harry Potter and you're living with the Dursley's. Do what He did and get out of there when you can. You maybe blood b

• No problem, just trying to help out. That really is tough. You really shouldn't be around your father if that's how he sees you. Since you may not get the support from your family to get a formal councilor, you can try to talk to your school and see if you could talk to one of their councilors about the stress you may be having and depression. And maybe tell them about your problems with your family to see what they can do at your age, if you still felt like you should separate yourself from your family. For now it might be wise to wait until the divorce has gone through to take any action to see if things change with how your family treats you. These can be stressful times on them too and they maybe using you as a poor outlet of their frustration in the current situation. That is still pretty wrong though if that's the case. If your mother doesn't see what your father said as a bad thing, and step in and support you better after the divorce is finalized, this could be for the best.

I'm fourteen dude i can't just run away, and only my father is putting the blame on me. Thanks for the advice. I owe you one!

• I'm homeschooled bro, my mother does see what my father said as a bad thing. she has gotten on to him about it and he keeps fighting with her about it. I agree, as much as i am saddened it could be for the best. He's been rude towards all of us, and he keeps arguing with all of us over nothing.

No problem, just trying to help out. That really is tough. You really shouldn't be around your father if that's how he sees you. Since you m

• Your mom and dad getting divorced isn't your fault. Marriages are supposed to be for better or for worse, and if they can't keep that promise, it's on them. Even hinting that you're the cause shows your dad has some problems of his own, and things might improve once he's out and the shock wears off (or if he gets his act together).

You'll be free to do what you want in just a few years. A few years feels like forever when you're 14, but it isn't really. Hang in there!

I'm homeschooled bro, my mother does see what my father said as a bad thing. she has gotten on to him about it and he keeps fighting with he

• Thanks dude. :) Still going to be hard.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Your mom and dad getting divorced isn't your fault. Marriages are supposed to be for better or for worse, and if they can't keep that promi

• Oh, I'm sorry man. It's a relief that your mother in more on your side. And sucks that you are limited in places you can seek help. It sounds like your father does put a bit of stress on your family and it doesn't help to improve the mood for the rest of them. Try to hang in there till after the divorce. I wish I knew some ways to help you otherwise. Hopefully you can put trust in her that things will get better and that you won't have to resort to leaving them.

@Cocoa2736, if you're still here somewhere and want to put in some advice, do you know of any places where Deku can seek help if they don't have a choice of seeking help from public school or can't seek it financially?

I'm homeschooled bro, my mother does see what my father said as a bad thing. she has gotten on to him about it and he keeps fighting with he

• My family (Or what was my family) is broke. Ok, so lets go on a budget. So they do; then buy my younger siblings more stuff than I've ever wanted! All I ask for is a couple of manga and my brother has to go get all of the damn fnaf plushies. Oh lets not mention the ten shirts you got my younger sister, and 2 pairs of bleached jeans. You know what I got, nothing. Everytime, this happens. Now, that's not why i'm depressed I just feel like i'm being lied too. And my siblings just treat me like garbage. My younger brother got one of those F.G.T.V figures and he's been blaming me on anything that happens to it. And my sister just hits and kicks me. Please help. There's no one to talk to.

I think this is a sort of feeling that a lot of us feel and go through. The unfairness, lying, prejudice, etc. And it sucks. I don't know what I can do to help. When I went through this kind of thing, my parents didn't let me have anything. I wasn't able to purchase any games for 3 years but my siblings got what they wanted. I guess, like Warp said, hang in there. You understand how they're flawed and maybe even how you're better than your father, just hang in there. Try to find other things to gain enjoyment out of.

Hey guys, I'm going through a rough patch. I'm dealing with some new changes, and my parents are getting a divorce. Lately I've been feeling

Sign in to comment in this discussion.