Some issues with EP2 on PC (mouse lag, optimization, and lip sync)

So I'm playing this now on PC. However, I have come across some jarring issues:

1) Mouse lag still exists. It's better than EP1, but the mouse still doesn't seem as responsive as in other games. It's kinda like there is a hidden 30fps cap on the mouse movement...at least that's how it seems to me.

2) Some pretty bad optimization in the desert escape sequence. Whenever lots of dust was kicked up, the framerate would halve.

3) Lip sync is atrocious at some parts...I couldn't even tell who was speaking. In a few instances, there was no mouth movement whatsoever! I seriously thought Life is Strange had terrible lip sync, but this really was just as bad if not worse.

Comments

• Did you at least like the fucking Episode?! Or are you here to just complain.

• himmatsjhimmatsj Banned
    edited March 2015

I am playing it. Seems decent, but I just can't seem to connect with the story. Some good jokes in there though....the ghost fella playing around with the specky guy's dick area. And a few more. 3/7 completed, had some decent laughs, but the story is so far "pointless" to me. Will play the second half in a bit. :)

Edit: To clarify, unlike TWD S2 or TWAU, where I actually wanted to complete the story and was interested in where it was heading, I sadly have no such feelings for this. I'm just playing it to "get my money's worth". Not a knock on the game. Just how I feel about it personally, probably because I have zero connection to the Borderlands universe prior to this.

Did you at least like the fucking Episode?! Or are you here to just complain.

• I had the same as you, plus I noticed other issues, such as:

1) Bad draw distance or LOD, during the escape sequence, where the mountains were either popping out of nowhere, or disappearing into thin air.

2) Some texture issues? On occasion, some textures looked really blurry, before becoming sharper again, and in one cutscene I'm not sure wether or not it was an ugly DOF effect or if the texture filtering just switched off, but it was like I was looking at soup with how blurry it looked. Something like this:

Alt text

3) Towards the end, in the final hub are, I could see some objects through a Pile of trash(?), almost as if it was transparent.

4) Character animations were a lot jankier and stiff than in the 1st episode or other recent TT games (and they are already really janky and stiff)

I still enjoyed the story, and it has some great voice acting and soundtrack, but I would've enjoyed it more if it didn't have those issues.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.