Is Rhys Jack the whole time?

So, i don't know if any of you guys noticed, but during the scenes where Rhys and Fiona are telling the story to the mysterious armed person, Rhys' EchoEye is yellow, while during the actual story, it is blue. However, at the ending of episode 2, if you allow Jack to take control of your body, the EchoEye turn yellow, just like in the "kidnapped" parts of the game, bringing me to the conclusion that whenever Jack is controlling Rhys, his eye coulour changes. So, the question is: Is it actually Jack pretending to be Rhys during the "kidnapped" parts, or will there be another reason for Rhys' changed eye colour?

Comments

• Jack might still be in Rhys, I don't think Jack took full control...How would play Rhys the rest of the season?

• I think at one point in time their personalities will merge into one, so that both Jack and original Rhys will be gone and instead we get Handsome Rhys. So in a way, he really did become like his role model, like he always wanted.

• edited March 2015

or will there be another reason for Rhys' changed eye colour?

That's my bet. I don't think Fiona would be so calm and relaxed (well you know as far as it goes for her anyway xD) near the freaking Handsome Jack. I think something happened to AI.

Also, don't forget that his arm also looks different and he changed his haircut(? at least I think so since Fiona also said that) and cloth. It's not just his eye.

• edited March 2015

It might be him. But if you trust Jack, your eye color turns yellow, not orange like when Rhys is telling the story to the stranger

• There were definitely changes in eye color why Jack "possessed" you.

• The eye color is one thing, but the way Rhys still acts while under captivity still seems like his same old goofy personality, not like Jack at all.

• I've been telling myself this whole time that somehow Rhys became the new Hyperion leader. The only reason I believe this is because his clothes- he has a suit on now and looks extremely well dressed.

As for the eye, I think maybe he had some kind of upgrade or it's indicating he's evil?

• Rhys eye in the future is a dark yellow, when Jack took control it was a really bright yellow, I think that Either Rhys' new tech no longer has Jack (maybe hyperion gets it out of him) or the tech makes Rhys able to control when Jack can come out or not

Sign in to comment in this discussion.