Could General Pollux be the Stranger? Hear me out!

Okay, so after reading this thread: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/92826/uh-i-don-t-think-that-guy-is-dead I started thinking about the possible importance of General Pollux to the story (the guy whose eyes you fucked up). In the audio recordings he says that he was in suspended animation so he could very well have been alive, but still paralyzed while you were gouging his eyes out. I was thinking this fella could be our abductor.

Now the next step would be to determine if his voice from his recording is similar to the stranger's. Well the stranger's helmet is muffling his voice so it will be hard to compare. But what we know is that the stranger is voiced by Roger L. Jackson who also voiced Ichabod Crane in TWAU. The problem is, is that Pollux is not credited specifically. Well, I went through the credits and found out that Roger L. Jackson is also credited as doing Additional Voices as you can see here:

photo GameApp 2015-03-19 21-14-23-29.png

Since Pollux wasn't credited directly, those additional voices most likely include him, and since of the two voice actors that have done those this episode (the other is Erin Yvette) Roger L. Jackson is the only male which means he had to have voiced Pollux.
To those of you who have played TWAU, if you listen to his recording he sounds a lot like Ichabod with a little more rasp to his voice. Here at 13:10 you can hear the recording again.

Now, Pollux is a general in the Atlas army and from what Athena says to him, he knows about and probably even led the Gortys project. In his recording he says that he possesses something far too powerful to fall into the wrong hands. Mabye knowledge of the way the Gortys works? Then we have the stranger who somehow knows about the project and is competent enough to capture and interogate Rhys and Fiona. Even though Pollux might look like a whimp, the fact that he has become a general means he has a good deal of combat experience and can take care of himself.
He could be trying to preserve the project so it cannot be misused and he needs Rhys' and Fiona's help to find it or make it work or something (the current lack of information about the Gortys is making it hard to guess his intentions).

You also might be asking how the stranger even sees in the first place if we ruined both of his eyes. Well, we can already see with Rhys that eyes can be replaced in this universe. In case you do not remember Hyperion started bombing around the bunker and our heroes had to escape so Hyperion must have learned of its location. Mabye after escaping, Hyperion went in there and took him in for medical care so they can question him. Vasquez also might have heard the recordings about the Gortys project which is how he suddenly knew about it, and the mention of Old Haven which could be how he found our heroes there. So they fixed him up and gave him new eye(s) and some time later he could have escaped in order to preserve the project or whatever his motives might be.

Now, I could very well be overthinking this, but I thought it was interesting enough to share. I would like to hear your opinions.

Comments

• Alt text

You might be into something here, but I think Fiona made the "Spork" go into Pollux's brain when Rhys screamed, it looked so deep... But I don't know.

But it all makes sense

Sign in to comment in this discussion.