Oh, Jeff...from Gameinformer.

I was surfing the web and I found this..

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/tales_from_the_borderlands_episode_2_-_atlas_mugged/b/pc/archive/2015/03/24/tales-from-the-borderlands-episode-2-atlas-mugged-review-game-informer.aspx

Alt text

I feel insulted and offended by this...I mean...what the hell?

I understand that it's his opinion, but its come to my attention that this series just isn't for Jeff, and he's the WRONG guy to review this game since he stupidly compared the first episode to Walking Dead's first episode.

Comments

• edited March 2015

Yeah clearly this guy isn't enjoying the Telltale formula, so why get this guy to review a Telltale game? Did he review the Borderlands games or something?

You're going to press the interact button so many times

Yeah this guy definitely isn't fond of Telltale's mechanics.

• "Stiff animation"

I can understand if he complained about graphical errors or an outdated engine, but... stiff animation? That's what Telltale's famous for not doing. Not quite sure what he's on about.

• I couldn't possibly disagree more with that review than I do.

• Well someone had to be the contrarian a-hole.

• It's surprising this guy wasn't fed to the skags already. Or obliterated by a moonshot, even.

• just because someone disagree with your opinion doesn't make you the right one in this argument. i respect his opinion, but i dont agree with it. we all have different experiences and it happens that he didn't like what he played, you know. chill.

• I'm not saying I'm right, this Jeff guy just seems like he's talking out of his ass.

Mercyva posted: »

just because someone disagree with your opinion doesn't make you the right one in this argument. i respect his opinion, but i dont agree with it. we all have different experiences and it happens that he didn't like what he played, you know. chill.

• Im sure he's gonna love episode 3

Alt text

• maybe he got tales and game of thrones mixed up xD

J-Master posted: »

I'm not saying I'm right, this Jeff guy just seems like he's talking out of his ass.

• He's as bad a reviewer as Mitch Dyer from ign...

• edited March 2015

This guy hated the game before it was even released

• Aw, come on guys, I'm sure the reviews not that bad—

"Rhys' exchanges with a holographic Handsome Jack feel particularly forced and disjointed, and most of the jokes fall flat."

Those were some of the best parts of the episodes what even...

Alt text

• The stiff animation and facial expressions can make characters feel lifeless

Alt text

Goodbye.

• Yeah it's not for certain people. I can't get into it either.

• edited March 2015

Well Mitch Dyer loves egging on a game for being too easy, yet when the game is rereleased, and is much harder, he complains that it's too hard, and he says the game is worse.

He's as bad a reviewer as Mitch Dyer from ign...

• These games aren't meant for everyone, especially people like him. Hopefully they'll find someone else that can give a somewhat less bias review, one who can enjoy games like these, but can give critiques where appropriate.

• edited March 2015

Alt text

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2015

The stiff animation and facial expressions can make characters feel lifeless

Excuse me what

If anything, the animation quality has been steadily going upwards with Tales

It has had some of Telltale's best animation work so far, and the characters in Tales have been some of the most expressive and emotive of any in Telltale's recent games

• Jeffs reviews of tales are a fucking joke and i doubt any of the episodes will get higher than a 7

• edited March 2015

Well it IS gameinformer so.... what do you expect?

• Their facial expressions are lifeless? Wtf? Compared to many other games, their expressions are perfecto!

ABigBadWolf posted: »

The stiff animation and facial expressions can make characters feel lifeless Goodbye.

• Jeff M is a downer. Usually Gameinformer gives the TTG reviews to people who are actually fans of Telltale, and usually end up scoring them around an 8 I believe. 7 is not a bad score.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.