Was Vaughn gonna go through with it?

2»

Comments

• Yeah, that too!

I actually posted that somewhere else because it really fits in with when Jack says something along the lines of 'right on time' when the moonshot arrives - definitely makes it sound like it was him who sent for it.

Or maybe it's just Vaughn, and I can't handle the bro betrayal so I keep latching on to other theories... :(

Zarzunabas posted: »

Another (quite reasonable) possibility. Hey, it could also be Jack transmitting a signal to Helios.

• thanks! and yeah I really hope Vaughn doesn't become a bad guy. Although it would be kind of cool if it was determinant, so if you were a lousy friend, then he would betray you and if you were loyal than he wouldn't.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I checked episode 2 when somebody said about out and they were right, Vaughn does keep touching his glasses during certain events. But honestly I hope Vaughn isn't up to something ;_; or him and Rhys can't be bro bros anymore!

• edited May 2015

Jack says 'Guess that tracker's workin', eh boys?' which does seem to point to some Hyperion tech Rhys (or all employees...) have installed, perhaps without knowing. But there's also the fact Vasquez arrives soon after the shifty Yvette call, and then there's Vaughn and his deal-no-deal... deal...

But all in all, why would Jack, who seems to want/need to keep Rhys alive call for Vasquez... and if he thought Vasquez was going to take Rhys up to Hyperion - which appears to be Jack's goal - why keep him from doing it in the end? Vasquez clearly states they want Rhys' body, so they don't seem to need him alive to extract (?) Jack... So confusing.

Yeah, that too! I actually posted that somewhere else because it really fits in with when Jack says something along the lines of 'right o

• Please let it be Brotrayal. Just don't make it for a dumb reason though.

• edited May 2015

Yeah, I don't think anyone on Rhys's team (including Jack) is selling him out. At least, not on purpose. Like you said, Jack had no motive to do that. But it could be that when Rhys used Nakayama's ID drive, it started signaling its whereabouts to Hyperion automatically. Vasquez obviously knows that Rhys used the drive, since in Ep 1, he says "Professor Nakayama, you look different." So obviously, Hyperion is still at least trying to keep track of that drive. But I don't know that there's any need for that anyway.

Yvette can track Rhys and Vasquez knows that Yvette is secretly tracking/helping Rhys (he says so if you ask him if Yvette sent him), so Hyperion can just track him the same way. That's what I've always assumed.

As for why Jack doesn't want Vasquez to kill Rhys, I've wondered about that too. And I've decided that it's probably just because Jack doesn't trust anyone, and therefore, he doesn't trust Hyperion to bring him back to life (if they even can) in the same way he's already been brought back to life by Rhys. At least as things currently stand, Jack has some amount of control and influence in the world. He probably just doesn't want to let that go, even if letting that go might get him to a better place in the long run.

Jack says 'Guess that tracker's workin', eh boys?' which does seem to point to some Hyperion tech Rhys (or all employees...) have installed,

• Bro, for bro!

stevean2 posted: »

That's totally bro, bro!

• I think his plan was to blow up Vasquez.

• No way, Vaugh is our bro, bro. I can't believe he'd really have gone through with it...I can't. I refuse!

• edited June 2015

Fiona is the one I'm more worried for. She wants off of Pandora. No one who's wanted to do that has ever succeeded.

(?) Ulysses will remember that. Or not.

The-Qing posted: »

Remember that Jack trusted people once upon a time. And the consequences turned him into a complete lunatic. In this franchise, if you

Sign in to comment in this discussion.