What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• edited August 2020

I just bought Sayonara Wild Hearts for the Switch, on sale for 10$. It describes itself as a playable pop-synth album, and it's got the style and music to back that statement up!

Clair De Lune

Doki Doki Rush

Begin Again

A small musical sample of the first few levels.

Description of this game, no spoils

In this game, you play as a young woman whose heart was just broken. Her sorrow is so great, it ripples across space and time, transporting her to an another world where she becomes "The Fool" a masked, motorcycle-riding hero who must restore balance while overcoming her grief.

It's a fantastic game so far, with a gorgeous black-and-neon style. The levels themselves range from pretty short to a decent length, but they're all the same length of the song they use for it. Gameplay-wise, it's pretty basic (as it was originally made for and released on iPhones) where you're driving on an on-rails roller-coaster, avoiding hazards and picking up collectibles. Sometimes it does shake things up a bit with cool (and very forgiving) QTE segments and a side-scrolling shooter so far, but it never gets old, as there's almost always a new environment for each level, and the timing of music-to-visuals is absolutely perfect.
    There's even high scores to chase based on your performance each level, collecting mini-hearts and big-hearts. I've heard there's some secret content related to this stuff, so that should be fun to unlock later.

I've heard it's a short game, and at 6 levels completed, it looks like I'm already a quarter through the level menu. But boy is it fun to crank up the volume, jam, and be in awe of the trippy visuals.

It's developed by a small indie studio called Simogo and published by Annapurna Interactive, who looks like they really have a knack for finding unique, cinematic indie gems.
    They even wear their influences on their sleeve, as it's written on their website:

Sayonara Wild Hearts is a soup made of pop-culture. It’s OutRun, the teddygirls sub-culture, Carly Rae Jepsen, Rez, cafe racers, WarioWare, Blümchen, the 1950s, modern dance, Akira, F-zero, Space Harrier, Sia, Gradius, the 1980s, Charli XCX, Sailor Moon, Ouendan, Tron, Rhythm Tengoku, Punch Out and a good portion of ourselves, strangeness and mysticism stuffed into a blender.

• Blood - My Chemical Romance

• Good job Korn, you have made a fine cover.

• Mothica - Everything at once

Guys, do you really think I'm crazy? I'm feeling like Horton with the Who's here

• I love sharing videos here when they have game-themed content. This one is a fan video, but they did an excellent job of converting the Evanescence song, "The Game Is Over", into a side-scroller with a mental health theme!

The official Evanescence video for the song is here, and while it's not game-themed, it also has some mental images you may relate to.

• OR3O [Clover] 100 years (music video)

• twenty one pilots - Guns for Hands

• edited September 2020

Cracklin' Rosie - Neil Diamond
    [

• Mini-mini concert! Kero Kero Bonito - Live from Appleville!

1. Outside (Instrumental)
    2. Heartbeat - Late of the Pier (Cover)
    3. It's Bugsnax! (Spoken Word Edition)
    4. Only Acting (Awful Garage Band Demo Edition)
    5. When The Fires Come (Mellow Instrumental Edition)
    6. You Know How It Is (Speedrun Any%)
    7. ??? (Unreleased upcoming track?)
  • (Police Truck) from the Babysitter : Killer Queen from the boat chase scene.

• Such a great song, I used to be obsessed with Zedd back in 2013-2015, Stay The Night is also a good tune, but Clarity was what really pushed him into becoming a success

vidarussel posted: »

Clarity - Zedd friv

• VINAI & Anjulie - Where The Water Ends

• This has become one of my favorite songs for some reason

Breaking Me - Topic, A7S

Meh
  • Yay, another video game music video!

Arrows in Action - Failing on Purpose.

• Van Halen - Ain't Talkin Bout Love

• Yeah, I feel you. Rest in peace.

Van Halen - Ain't Talkin Bout Love

• LUM!X, KSHMR, Gabry Ponte & Karra - Scare Me

• Why does 2020 have to suck? First one of the best drummers with Neil Peart, now one of the best guitarists with Eddie Van Halen. RIP.

Van Halen - Ain't Talkin Bout Love

• Ever get tired of Monkey IslandTM metal covers? If not, here's another one, and it has more than just the main theme in it:

• BlackPink-Lovesick girls

This song has been stuck in my head after PUBG : Moblie sponsored this Blackpink

• Really, I have ZERO excuse for this song to be in my head this morning. But here we are. I apologize in advance. Kinda.

• Amaranthe- Digital World

• A few weeks ago, a lot of people were raving about this Pokémon-collaboration music video with a japanese band called BUMP OF CHICKEN. Now, I've never heard of them and so I wasn't really hyped when I checked it out, but my god... this is one gorgeous animated music video.
    [GOTCHA!] -- by BUMP OF CHICKEN

Also, I feel like I should call myself a fanboy of Carly Rae Jepsen. Can't for the life of me stop listening to her discography, and I keep finding new cool tracks from her. Love her synth-inspired ones, like, well, this:

• Perfect Blue - Cherish These Memories

• Amaranthe - Mechanical Illusion

• Music video dedicated to Clementine- Pretty Girl

• Wish Bayek had gotten a trilogy

• Halloween is coming.

District 97 - Ghost Girl (11 minutes)

• In The End - Linkin Park

• In The End and A New Divide are my top favorites that and Numb.

In The End - Linkin Park

• W&W x AXMO ft. SONJA - Rave Love

• DCX - Erase You (Speed Up Mix)

• Silent Running -Lost Time

• Lost Frequencies feat. Janieck Devy - Reality

• The Network - Ivanka is a N@zi

Billie's voice is so clear that you can just tell they are Green Day.

But, omg! Yes! It's not a fake leak, it's real! Can this album release any sooner?

• Zedd - Beautiful Now ft. Jon Bellion

• SIN7- Fade Away ( Official Music Video )

• Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know

• Godsmack -When Legends Rise

Sign in to comment in this discussion.