The shovel (Ep. 2) (added poll)

Here's a question not many have discussed, and wasn't added to the additional choices. During that moment when Vasquez shows up in his red car with a prototype Overcompensator , and orders Rhys and Vaughn to dig your own graves so he can bury you in them.

http://strawpoll.me/4106865

Held at gunpoint and given a shovel, did you give in and started digging your grave, or retaliate and attempted to attack Vasquez?

Comments

• edited May 2015

While I usually played a subdued Rhys, I just had enough of him and threw the shovel. I knew it probably wouldn't work but hey he was going to shoot me anyways, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of watching me dig my own grave.

• Despite having a gun aimed at me, I wasn't gonna back down and give in to that douche-bag. So, I just went, "Screw you!" and threw the shovel at him. And he wasn't supposed to avoid that. :P

• I would rather go down fighting and standing my ground rather than submit. I want to show that my Rhys isn't a coward.

• To be honest I didn't even notice that you had the second option of actually digging your grave until later playthroughs, so I threw it... >_<

• Haha same here. But even if I knew about the second option I still prefer throwing a shovel to digging my grave.

To be honest I didn't even notice that you had the second option of actually digging your grave until later playthroughs, so I threw it... >_<

• This reminded so much of a scene from another lovely third person shooter game, so I thought let's try it again. Unfortunatly Rhys missed. But I didn't want him to die like no punk bitch, even though I should known it wouldn't turn out like that.

• I dug my grave, cause Vasquez threatened Vaughns life. And even as I had been a bit disappointed in my friend at that moment, I didn't want him to be hurt or dead.

• I threw the shovel on both my Nice Rhys PT and my Jerk Rhys PT.

It's too funny not to! :D

• I started digging my own grave because I thought it would be funny and I wanted to see what happened.

• edited August 2015

Well, it's been a while since the poll has been up, so I'll just show the results. With a total of 130 votes...

You and 85% of players threw the shovel.

110 votes

You and 15% of players dug your grave.

20 votes

• I didn't actually see you could throw it on my first play through, so I dug.

• I actually decided to not do anything, which resulted in Vasquez giving me a really funny look, followed by a; "Dig!"

• I looked around to see if there was another choice, because they wouldn't make you throw the shovel without anything else to interact with. So, I dug my grave because I knew throwing the shovel would probably miss.

• Same. I'm very timid in real life so I usually play my characters the same way, but at that point, I figured, "I'm going to die anyways, might as well try and brain this asshole" and chucked it at his head.

LoseMyHome posted: »

While I usually played a subdued Rhys, I just had enough of him and threw the shovel. I knew it probably wouldn't work but hey he was going to shoot me anyways, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of watching me dig my own grave.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.