The Traveler

As most people know, the fifth episode is called "The Vault of the Traveler."
Now, we've had the Vault of the Destroyer, the Vault of the Warrior, the Vault of the Sentinel, and now this.
Who or what is the traveler? And ideas or hidden details missed?

Comments

• Some giant monster probably.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

• Artsy for "The whole story in the long run"

Iunno

• I'm... I'm getting a flying vibe from the name. Maybe it's called Traveler because it's a ship? Or a monster capable of long distance traveling? I don't know, really. Possibilities could be endless...

• As with the Sentinel, Warrior, and Destroyer, the creature will have some sort of Eridian aspect to it.

With the case of all three, it's body will have a stone-like skin. The easiest example I can provide is the body of the Warrior, which is literally made up of stone, lava, and slag.

It will be, as pointed out already, extremely large. All previous Vault monsters were extremely large.

Be located next to some Eridian ruins, possibly have some sort of purplish color to it. Etc., etc., etc.

• it's a ship?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

NinjaCat23 posted: »

I'm... I'm getting a flying vibe from the name. Maybe it's called Traveler because it's a ship? Or a monster capable of long distance traveling? I don't know, really. Possibilities could be endless...

• Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

it's a ship? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Plot twist: Borderlands is a very long prequel for Destiny.

• The destroyer was different though he was locked up by the eridians not created by them like the other 2

wwrstvo0 posted: »

As with the Sentinel, Warrior, and Destroyer, the creature will have some sort of Eridian aspect to it. With the case of all three, it's

• My theory is that that whatever is in that vault is actually teleporting said vault around the planet which the Gortys maps is tracking. This would make it a fitting challenge for Rhys and Fiona because they are NOT gun toting badasses and it could be dangerous in completely different methods.

• Holee crap that is actually a perspective I did not even consider. Must be a good vault if it is constantly on the run.

richforce posted: »

My theory is that that whatever is in that vault is actually teleporting said vault around the planet which the Gortys maps is tracking. Thi

• I really like this idea - And if it isn't the case they should totally implement it in BL3!

THANK YOU VAULT HUNTER!

BUT OUR VAULT IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE!

richforce posted: »

My theory is that that whatever is in that vault is actually teleporting said vault around the planet which the Gortys maps is tracking. Thi

• i would call it the vault of knowledge rather then sentinel, he was just a guriadian of the vaults contains

• Maybe its just "The Vault whom travelers find?" It might just refer to the long struggle the "travelers" have to go through to get to their objective.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.