Can Handsome Jack touch people?

Hello, everyone, I am new here. :)

The thing is:
When we first saw HJ, he was "holding" Rhys and Fiona shoulders.
But in the next scene, when Jack wanted to choke Rhys ( or something) his hand go through Rhys neck.
The question is:
Can Jack touch things or not?
Becouse it is kinda bothering me.

(Oh, and sorry for any mistakes, my english is not perfect ^^)

Comments

• I read the thread title in a different way then I should have. XD

I think it's just a continuity issue, that's all.

• Welcome to the forums, first!

Second, Jack's hologram can't touch people. While he was alive, he could obviously do it, but now he cannot. However, it seems he's gaining new abilities, such as controlling Rhys' hand, so he's got that going on for himself :)

@HandsomeJack is surely being popular these days around the forum :)

• Can Handsome Jack touch people?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• pipoi pls

Pipas posted: »

Can Handsome Jack touch people? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Just their hearts and souls, Pumpkin. Just their hearts and souls...

Alt text

• Alt text

Just their hearts and souls, Pumpkin. Just their hearts and souls...

• "Show us where Handsome Jack touched you on the doll, Rhys".

Alt text

• Oh my God.

Some of you guys, are such a perverts.

I love you all. :D

Anyway, thanks for anwsers!

• edited April 2015

Yeah, that's kinda been bothering me too. The best way I've been able to explain it is that it's a pressure/force thing. With the shoulder holding scene, his hands are just hovering in place, not actually "touching". And then with the attempted strangulation, he's exerting force and thus flying through Rhys instead. Does that make sense? :P

• He touches Nisha, I know that much.

• He doesn't need a doll, he's got Vaughn!

Alt text

"Show us where Handsome Jack touched you on the doll, Rhys".

• Yep, the one in the first episode is just Jack utilising the age-old method of the hover hand:

Alt text

I mean, you can't expect the hero of the story to affectionally touch one of his lowly minions! That's reserved for strangling and punching.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Yeah, that's kinda been bothering me too. The best way I've been able to explain it is that it's a pressure/force thing. With the shoulder h

• Yet he touches/stands on the floor instead of falling through it. Perhaps he just pretends to touch things.

• Alt text

pipoi pls

• k

Alright, I'll stop.

• Alright, I'll stop.

PLS

• That's just another reason that ghosts can't exist

DoubleJump posted: »

Yet he touches/stands on the floor instead of falling through it. Perhaps he just pretends to touch things.

Alt text

• I think we all knew where this was going...
    Alt text

Can Handsome Jack touch people? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• It looks like he can't forcefully strike things, but he can rest his bodyparts on them.

• Well we know he can I guess 'touch' things through Rhys' bionic arm at first and if you side with him, looks like he takes control over all of Rhys' body - cybernetics and man flesh.

I feel like HJ is probably just going to vent his frustrations at being trapped in Rhy's body by punching him repeatedly in the face when he gets annoyed :O

• Or he makes Rhys touch Vaughn's bum XD

Well we know he can I guess 'touch' things through Rhys' bionic arm at first and if you side with him, looks like he takes control over all

• Since this is HJ we're talking about, I'm going to go with both. Definitely both.

Or he makes Rhys touch Vaughn's bum XD

• If the whole head trauma thing taking HJ away or making him come back is still present, he'll probably just throat punch him like Fiona did instead.

Well we know he can I guess 'touch' things through Rhys' bionic arm at first and if you side with him, looks like he takes control over all

• Mmm yes good point -- plus a good throat punch has the added bonus of Rhys not being able to talk for a bit after

If the whole head trauma thing taking HJ away or making him come back is still present, he'll probably just throat punch him like Fiona did instead.

• Wow, you guys are nasty little schemers aren't you?

.....Jack would approve. ;)

Mmm yes good point -- plus a good throat punch has the added bonus of Rhys not being able to talk for a bit after

• Hahaha what can I say? I like to live up to my name

Wow, you guys are nasty little schemers aren't you? .....Jack would approve.

• I don't think Handsome Jack was actually touching Rhys and Fiona at the end of the first episode; it was most likely just for effect, or if not, than it was Jack being unaware of the fact that he was dead and assuming that he was still able to physically touch people.

• if he suppose to be going through everything he tries to touch
    how doesnt he fall underground, also those that means he can go through walls

• I certainly hope he can. ;-)

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.