Handsome Jack, your virtual companion

Question for you all... If you could, would you have Jack to be our virtual companion to be with you forever? Why? What would you do with him? I've always thought having some metaphysical being only YOU can talk to would be cool. Share your thoughts NOW!!!

Comments

• edited April 2015

Yes. He would be my sex sl- i mean, he would play twister with me.

• We would also have picnics in the park.

Yes. He would be my sex sl- i mean, he would play twister with me.

• edited April 2015

After that, we would go sit on the school roof and throw eggs down at the people we hate and laugh at them. Darn, i triple posted. Is there a comment deleter?

• Handsome? HANDSOME JACK. Would be standing right next to me...All the time...

No. He's a psychopathic maniac.

@HandsomeJack

No offense of course. You're still the #1 Hero!

• edited April 2015

I think it would be interesting for like a day just to witness some funny banter but there's no way I would want him around for any longer than that. Dude's still pretty scary.

• You do know I mean Jack, the virtual one, the one that can't touch things?

After that, we would go sit on the school roof and throw eggs down at the people we hate and laugh at them. Darn, i triple posted. Is there a comment deleter?

• That would be terrifying! But pretty awesome. I would prefer TPS-era Jack, maybe not scoops-out-eyes-with-spoon BL2 Jack.

• edited April 2015

Just saying, having not played BL myself and only knowing the details of the plot itself, I wouldn't know gameplay points like that. I should really play BL2 shouldn't I?

• If you can, play BL2 and TPS, especially if you like shoot n' loot games. They're fantasic. And yes, Jack's a sadistic, sociopathic asshole, but he's the best.

AChicken posted: »

Just saying, having not played BL myself and only knowing the details of the plot itself, I wouldn't know gameplay points like that. I should really play BL2 shouldn't I?

• He can still pose for pictures tho

You do know I mean Jack, the virtual one, the one that can't touch things?

• Alt text

Handsome? HANDSOME JACK. Would be standing right next to me...All the time... No. He's a psychopathic maniac. @HandsomeJack No offense of course. You're still the #1 Hero!

• Downside, I have a crazy murderous virtual ghost that will threaten to kill me or choke my throat any time he appears. If not, he will constantly insult me.

The good side, I will never feel lonely and bored. :)

• This is something I've actually given a lot of consideration to - and the answer is a resounding "hell yes!", though not for the reasons you'd think.

I would seriously pay good money to have Jack follow me around insulting me like BL2, because I find it so motivating - every single time he got on the ECHO to insult me it would just make me want to kick his ass more and more. So if I had Handsome Jack in my ear giving me crap about stuff I needed to get done, I think it would definitely boost my productivity. And if that doesn't work I can get him to inspire me, too!

Also (and I think this is something Rhys really needs to figure out) the balance of power has completely shifted. Jack would need my body, so I would be the one calling the shots - and if he got too annoying, or I just needed some privacy I could just give my head a little whack and have all the peace and quiet I need!

Also, also - can you imagine getting to listen to all his stories? Like the spoon one, the Helena Pierce one, and even the Wallethead one etc. - he'd have so many amusing anecdotes - I could listen to them all day!

• And not show up on them

He can still pose for pictures tho

• HandsomeJack said:

I would seriously pay good money to have Jack follow me around insulting me like BL2, because I find it so motivating - every single time he got on the ECHO to insult me it would just make me want to kick his ass more and more. So if I had Handsome Jack in my ear giving me crap about stuff I needed to get done, I think it would definitely boost my productivity. And if that doesn't work I can get him to inspire me, too!

I would pay good money to see Handsome Jack following HandsomeJack around too

This is something I've actually given a lot of consideration to - and the answer is a resounding "hell yes!", though not for the reasons you

• Isn't that pretty much what the body doubles are for?

And the Digi-Jacks?

HandsomeJack said: I would seriously pay good money to have Jack follow me around insulting me like BL2, because I find it so motivat

• edited April 2015

Handsome Jacks AI isn't really a digi jack because other people can't see him and he can't harm them. And body doubles are real people. I would like to see Handsome Jack's AI follow HandsomeJack

Isn't that pretty much what the body doubles are for? And the Digi-Jacks?

• Alt text

Handsome Jacks AI isn't really a digi jack because other people can't see him and he can't harm them. And body doubles are real people. I would like to see Handsome Jack's AI follow HandsomeJack

• Yeah, if I knew more, I might feel uncomfortable with him. But, seeing I do not know all the gruesome details, and only actually seeing hi in action in Tales, I would still love to have him with me. Even though he is a psychopath.

If you can, play BL2 and TPS, especially if you like shoot n' loot games. They're fantasic. And yes, Jack's a sadistic, sociopathic asshole, but he's the best.

• fuck no

• YES. I would love that. Handsome Jack is a funny motherfucker. He might get a little intrusive, though. Taking showers would be awkward.

• Hahahahaha, I have enough problematic thoughts, let alone having another person in my head, with possible total access to all of my insecurities. Don't really like the idea he'd be hovering over my shoulder, or invade my personal space.

He's a cool character, and I've always liked him, but I'm really not that keen to the idea of living with him for the rest of my life.

• Alt text

Harpadarpa posted: »

YES. I would love that. Handsome Jack is a funny motherfucker. He might get a little intrusive, though. Taking showers would be awkward.

• World domination is an option, I guess.

• One whack on the head, and he's gone for a while. Till you slip in the shower and he appears next to you....

Dapnee posted: »

Hahahahaha, I have enough problematic thoughts, let alone having another person in my head, with possible total access to all of my insecuri

• Alt text

One whack on the head, and he's gone for a while. Till you slip in the shower and he appears next to you....

• Alt text

One whack on the head, and he's gone for a while. Till you slip in the shower and he appears next to you....

• You'd just have to punch yourself in the head if you didn't want any shower company, that's all. Though a bit of invasion of privacy might be better than serious head trauma, when you really come down to it.

Harpadarpa posted: »

YES. I would love that. Handsome Jack is a funny motherfucker. He might get a little intrusive, though. Taking showers would be awkward.

• You'd just better hope he doesn't shove his hand through your friends' crotch at work...
    shudder

You'd just have to punch yourself in the head if you didn't want any shower company, that's all. Though a bit of invasion of privacy might be better than serious head trauma, when you really come down to it.

• More like hope my friend doesn't suddenly think I've gone insane from seemingly spontaneous laughter. I laughed pretty damn hard at that scene.

You'd just better hope he doesn't shove his hand through your friends' crotch at work... shudder

• Hahaha I love the guy so if I was some Hyperion fanboy I say yes, am pretty sure since he want to come back and has still a lot things to do, it will be somehow possible by following his thoughts and plans because there is no other choice for him anyway

Sign in to comment in this discussion.