episode 3 intro speculation

After some thinking I've come to the conclusion that the ending decision of episode 2 will determine the fate of Vaughn and sasha. What I mean is that you're decision will determine who lives between the two characters. If you chose to side with Jack, Vaughn would live because he is part of Hyperion and Jack needs Rhys and Vaughn to get back to helios. If you chose to side with Fiona I'm assuming sasha would live but I can't actually think of a reason for this. Well that's my theory, what do you guys think?

Comments

• That seems like a crackpot theory of sorts. I don't think Sasha or Vaughn are going to die, as there's far too many questions to be answered with their characters. (Sasha's anger with Felix, relationship with August, (RHYSHA!!!), Vaughn's betrayal). If they were to die, both would die at the same time.

In the back of my mind, I can't help but think Vaughn will betray Rhys eventually and break the bro. I'll be sad if that happens.

• edited April 2015

Yeah I see your point now. Thanks for the comment :)

torkahn808 posted: »

That seems like a crackpot theory of sorts. I don't think Sasha or Vaughn are going to die, as there's far too many questions to be answered

• I think they'll both survive the beginning of Episode 3. They've both been characters that are going through meaningful story arcs, and they both would have unresolved plotlines if they died.

For example, Vaughn is the only other one, determinately, that knows about the AI Jack. He's also going through a development where he's toughening up and standing up for himself, has a maybe legit deal with Vasquez, and he has a new watch now that we haven't really seen in use yet. Sasha has so many plotlines I can't see dropping, such as her unwrapped present from Felix, her situation with August, her notice of Rhys' trust and loyalty, and Vallory's vengence on Fiona and Sasha.

Also, going through audio files of episode 2, it sounds like they originally planned to extend the episode about 5 minutes past where it did. In it (spoilers?), from what I could gather Rhys demanded both Vaughn and Sasha to be unharmed in return for Gortys, then wanders the facility with Fiona talking about how they can escape and save them. I don't know if they're still going with this, but to me it implies they were not going to die immediately after the decision. I think, if they do ever die, it would be determinate and much later in the game, maybe Episode 5.

• ( looks at theory confidently ) ( looks at comments and reconsiders theory ) ( looks back at theory and facepalms )

• edited April 2015

I thought we all agreed to keep the shipping in our own threads

torkahn808 posted: »

That seems like a crackpot theory of sorts. I don't think Sasha or Vaughn are going to die, as there's far too many questions to be answered

• Besides it's not the dark heavy type of story like the other ones, I doubt that any of the main characters will actually die. But if so I belive that it would be determined by player.

• it's not the dark heavy type of story like the other ones, I doubt that any of the main characters will actually die.

That's not true really. Look at Borderlands 2 - towards the end of the game there were main character deaths (Roland and Angel). So I figure Vaughn or Sasha could die before or during the season finale.

Leluch123 posted: »

Besides it's not the dark heavy type of story like the other ones, I doubt that any of the main characters will actually die. But if so I belive that it would be determined by player.

• It was only briefly mentioned and used as a reason, so I think that's ok. It's only when you start to be really obvious and loud about it that it's a problem, at least for me.

• I said it once...It's not like I obnoxiously posted a giant Rhysha poster or something. It's just a reason why I'm excited for Episode 3, that's all and a reason why I believe Sasha can't die yet.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited April 2015

fiona throw that flash, sasha is the only one other then fiona that know its a flash granade. sasha cover her eyes and run while everyone else is blinded (or steals a gun/get her gun out i doubt it would be still on her), and vaughn dies. thats a possibility

• borderlands 1 was even darker, tk's baha death was grafic

• They might go down that route, but I think it's more likely they'll Russian shootout us.

• Vaughn and Sasha probably wont die to be honest. But I feel like Episode 3 will be a rescue mission or something for them

Sign in to comment in this discussion.