I'm concerned...

I really REALLY don't want Vasquez to die in Episode 3. I really hope they don't kill him off in Episode 3 or any imo

Comments

• Maybe we can shave his head instead, that'll teach him!

• I know what you mean. Someone's gotta die in the intro right? We got the 2 nameless mercs, Vasquez, and August as bad guy fodder. What Telltale could do is have the floating turrets fight each other, bad guy reinfocements, or random bandit attack (as long as they make it believable). If Vasquez dies I guess they will replace him with this character Vallery.

• I kind of want one of them to die. I don't want this to be like that certain standoff in S2 of The Walking Dead; serious moments like these need to have actual consequences.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015

I think there's actually four of those nameless mercs, or as I like to call them currently, Bullet Sponges.

DoubleJump posted: »

I know what you mean. Someone's gotta die in the intro right? We got the 2 nameless mercs, Vasquez, and August as bad guy fodder. What Tellt

• They're the red shirts of TFTBL.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think there's actually four of those nameless mercs, or as I like to call them currently, Bullet Sponges.

• I have a feeling August will die, and then replace him with Vallory.

Piggs posted: »

I kind of want one of them to die. I don't want this to be like that certain standoff in S2 of The Walking Dead; serious moments like these need to have actual consequences.

• edited May 2015

This is a comedy game where a cheap funny, unbelievable setting isn't all that uncommon.

I kind of want one of them to die. I don't want this to be like that certain standoff in S2 of The Walking Dead; serious moments like these need to have actual consequences.

• Borderlands has always had underlying tragic elements to the story. I don't want Telltale to deliver a cheap story for the sake of making a lighthearted comedy.

Borderlands has never really been a lighthearted comedy game, by the way. It's very dark, and tends to get unexpectedly serious.

Clemenem posted: »

This is a comedy game where a cheap funny, unbelievable setting isn't all that uncommon.

• Vasquez is already becoming a bit of a pain in the neck and its only been 2 episodes. If he kicks the bucket in the next episode I really wouldn't mind.

• A diamond pony named butt stallion yet you say there's no comedy aspect... the fuck?

Borderlands has always had underlying tragic elements to the story. I don't want Telltale to deliver a cheap story for the sake of making a

• Read what I said again. When did I say that it had no comedy aspect? I said that, overall, it isn't a lighthearted comedy. It relies heavily on black humor and serious moments to further the story.

A diamond pony named butt stallion yet you say there's no comedy aspect... the fuck?

• Yeah, but at the same time it would be nice to see Telltale have a villain from ep 1 - 5

Vasquez is already becoming a bit of a pain in the neck and its only been 2 episodes. If he kicks the bucket in the next episode I really wouldn't mind.

• Well The Stranger (TWD) was By a Technicality, A Villain from Episode 2-5

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah, but at the same time it would be nice to see Telltale have a villain from ep 1 - 5

• He means onscreen villain

Well The Stranger (TWD) was By a Technicality, A Villain from Episode 2-5

• That's why I said:

By a Technicality

But yes, Telltale Needs one of those... I mean, they DID have Georgie Porgie, Bloody Mary, and Ben (Yes, Ben counts as a Villain with the shit he pulled) But By God we Need More!

He means onscreen villain

• I think in my canon playthrough I'm going to save the incendiary bullet just in case I have the option of shooting Vasquez with it (I mean, we saw what happened to Finch's hair)!

I don't want him to die, though - just be horribly maimed/humiliated?

Poogers555 posted: »

Maybe we can shave his head instead, that'll teach him!

• I hope neither Vasquez or August die. The former is a pretty good and funny villain, and the latter needs to make amends and hook up with Sasha. They both need to be alive.

• So you're saying that nobody of value should die? Doesn't that remove future tension from the story if we believe that these situations aren't very risky?

fayescarlet posted: »

I hope neither Vasquez or August die. The former is a pretty good and funny villain, and the latter needs to make amends and hook up with Sasha. They both need to be alive.

• Yeah, we need somebody to die.

So you're saying that nobody of value should die? Doesn't that remove future tension from the story if we believe that these situations aren't very risky?

• edited May 2015

From what I picked up from the ending in episode 2, I feel like either Vaughn or Sasha will die ;__; But I hope I'm wrong...

nohuhhuh posted: »

Yeah, we need somebody to die.

• edited May 2015

I don't believe that Sasha or Vaughn will die just yet. But I would really like the concept that your final choice in episode 2 had an effect on either Vaughn or Sasha. Let's say that you chose Jack, then Sasha ends up dying and vice versa with Fiona ending. Probably this is not going to happen but it would be interesting.

Quiff posted: »

From what I picked up from the ending in episode 2, I feel like either Vaughn or Sasha will die ;__; But I hope I'm wrong...

• Or not? Why is that somebody needs to die? Nobody of a value died in TPS or Claptastic voyage (I mean, nobody of the main npcs and pcs) and the games are still pretty dramatic.

nohuhhuh posted: »

Yeah, we need somebody to die.

No, Ben doesn't count as a villain.

That's why I said: By a Technicality But yes, Telltale Needs one of those... I mean, they DID have Georgie Porgie, Bloody Mary, and Ben (Yes, Ben counts as a Villain with the shit he pulled) But By God we Need More!

• BringBackWalletHead

I think in my canon playthrough I'm going to save the incendiary bullet just in case I have the option of shooting Vasquez with it (I mean,

• edited May 2015

I want some drama. I mean you are right, this game can be really dramatic and amazing without any deaths but as I stated I want to see some tragic events. I don't really want our main protagonists to die tho. At least not yet.

DeityD posted: »

Or not? Why is that somebody needs to die? Nobody of a value died in TPS or Claptastic voyage (I mean, nobody of the main npcs and pcs) and the games are still pretty dramatic.

• Long story short: it's all fun and games until it's suddenly no longer fun and games.

Read what I said again. When did I say that it had no comedy aspect? I said that, overall, it isn't a lighthearted comedy. It relies heavily on black humor and serious moments to further the story.

• I don't think Vasquez or August will die in the Ep 3 intro. Depending on what Rhys/Fiona say to Vasquez/August, the little popup says that they will remember what we said, like if we insulted Vasquez or told him Handsome Jack helped us, so there'll probably be a conversation with repercussions. If both survive the entire game, I will be seriously surprised.

• For some people he does.

No, Ben doesn't count as a villain.

Villain:
    1. a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrel.
    2. a character in a play, novel, or the like, who constitutes an important evil agency in the plot.

Ben isn't exactly either of those things, so he cannot be described as a villain.

For some people he does.

• The Walking Dead threw a similar curveball at us.

In other words, don't trust that text. Just because it says they'll "remember that" doesn't mean they won't die a few seconds later.

I don't think Vasquez or August will die in the Ep 3 intro. Depending on what Rhys/Fiona say to Vasquez/August, the little popup says that t

• Well said.

armis37 posted: »

Long story short: it's all fun and games until it's suddenly no longer fun and games.

• It's a matter of opinion whether Ben counts as a Villain or not.

Villain: 1. a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrel. 2. a character in a play, nove

• Would love for him to break both of his legs

Sign in to comment in this discussion.