Mad Max

Yesterday I went to cinema, to watch AoU and one of the trailers before was Mad Max: Fury Road. Holy Moly the only thing I could think about, was Borderlands. I know that Borderlands is inspired by Mad Max and I have to say it looks pretty sick. I just wanted to ask if any of you thought the same when seeing the trailer? :)

Comments

• yees ! and those screamig dudes really resemble psychos :DD aand that guitar wielding Bossanova :DD

• Me too! I saw the trailer and I was like "This is soooo much like Borderlands, just a lot more grittier, darker and in life action."

I have heard of the movies before but I have never seen them.

• Also, Mad Moxxi is loosely based on Mad Max and her 'Underdome' is a reference to Mad Max's 'Thunderdome'.

• Well there is a bandit boss in the first Borderlands game called Mad Mel. He drives around with his gang in an arena dome trying to kill you. This character is clearly based off of Mad Max and the actor that played as him in the movies, Mel Gibson. I guess no one can resist the temptations of doing a Mad Max-esque fight in these kind of games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.