Jack's Demise

So we all know that at the end of Borderlands 2 Handsome Jack dies, I'm wondering if there is a canon Vault Hunter that kills Jack I think in canon all the Vault Hunters are there but only one can do the deed. So do you think there's a canon Vault Hunter that kills Jack? If so then who do you think it is?

For funzies:Which Vault Hunter would you want to be the one that killed Jack?

Vault Hunters that can kill Jack:

1. Axton
  2. Maya
  3. Salvador
  4. Zer0
  5. Krieg
  6. Gaige
  7. Lillith

Edit:I would personally want it to be Zer0 I've always imagined it going down like this...

Jack is screaming at the vault Hunters in disbelief of what is happening as the the group looks around contemplating who should do it but before anyone could say something Zer0 pushes through them walking towards Jack, Jack backs away in fear "get away from me you filthy bandit you can't kill me!" Zer0 remains silent and kicks Jack to the ground, Jack falls down crawling backwards as Zer0 approaches "No no no you can't!" and Zer0 plunges his sword straight into Jacks heart.

Comments

• Well, in my playthrough Lilith was the one that killed Jack:

Alt text

I just couldn't bear to pull the trigger on that loveable, hatable bastard - plus, Jack did kinda brutally torture her for hours on end (and yes I know TPS changes how some people feel about her/Jack, but if he has to die I prefer her doing it over me/my BL2 Vault Hunter).

• Same for me! :3

Well, in my playthrough Lilith was the one that killed Jack: I just couldn't bear to pull the trigger on that loveable, hatable basta

• I also think that Lilith is the one who killed him in canon, while the other vault hunters wounded and defeated him together.

Well, in my playthrough Lilith was the one that killed Jack: I just couldn't bear to pull the trigger on that loveable, hatable basta

• Yeah I'm also pretty sure that in canon it's Lilith.

In my playthrough it was zer0 and I didn't regret it since the most wtf moment happened when I shot him in the face (yep, it's always the face) and his mask came off. This was odd since I didn't expect it would happen.

• I'd say Lilith. I gave her the choice to do it when I first played. She deserved it more.

But if any of the six were to do it themselves, I have a feeling they probably had to hold Krieg BACK to stop him from stealing the kill.

• Yeah most likely they will have Lilith be represented as Handsome Jack's killer since she was the only who had a chance of being the killer each playthrough.

• Me too

• I don't know - I haven't got to the end of my first playthrough yet but I've decided I am going to do it myself. I'd rather Jack was killed by someone who loves him, rather than someone who hates him.

• That...

That's beautiful.

Alt text

I don't know - I haven't got to the end of my first playthrough yet but I've decided I am going to do it myself. I'd rather Jack was killed by someone who loves him, rather than someone who hates him.

• But it still won't feel good ;_;

That... That's beautiful.

• I've been thinking along the same lines... At least I'll be sure to make it quick, and besides, I don't want to give Lilith the satisfaction.

I don't know - I haven't got to the end of my first playthrough yet but I've decided I am going to do it myself. I'd rather Jack was killed by someone who loves him, rather than someone who hates him.

• This.

I've been thinking along the same lines... At least I'll be sure to make it quick, and besides, I don't want to give Lilith the satisfaction.

• I just let Lilith do it whenever possible not just as payback for her torment but also because it counts towards the optional objective badass rank challenge ("OC/DC", I think...).

• I didn't want to kill him, but I didn't want to let Lilith to do it either. So I have a crazy personal headcanon that Timothy snipes him before any of the vault hunters do. Makes no sense, I know, like I said: personal headcanon.

• So who would you pick out of all the playable characters and Lillith?

• Lilith. She's the reason why Handsome Jack is so insane, makes it fair she's the one to end it.

• I don't think there is one, just like how there aren't canon endings in Telltale. The Borderland devs are just going to be very vague in regards to who exactly killed Jack, and how.

• Yeah, probably, as far as canon goes. Rhys already tells Jack 'You were murdered, by vault hunters... bandits, you called them bandits...' or something like that, if you pick one of the dialog options.

Piggs posted: »

I don't think there is one, just like how there aren't canon endings in Telltale. The Borderland devs are just going to be very vague in regards to who exactly killed Jack, and how.

• I think he meant if you were to choose between either Zer0 or Lilith.

• That is indeed what I meant :)

I think he meant if you were to choose between either Zer0 or Lilith.

• It would probably be Lilith to kill him if they ever decided to specify who exactly killed him.

I've only seen Lilith do it once. Every other time I whip out a trusty Jakobs Revolver and put one right between that Handsome Bastard's eyes myself. It's just so satisfying.

• edited May 2015

If they ever specify the canon of who killed Jack, I think it should be Lilith. Her boyfriend was killed by Jack and then she was tortured by him for a long period of time. I think she deserves that revenge.

I'm still laughing at how Jack's death went down in my second playthrough, though. I was playing as Gaige and had Deathtrap out. Deathtrap was attacking a never ending (literally) swarm of Rakks. As Jack was about to start his death rant, my robot zapped him to death before he could get a single word out. And then he proceeded to go back to zapping Rakks. Even during the end cutscene, there were Rakks screeching loudly in the background as Deathtrap killed them and Gaige cheered him on. That was... a very strange end to my second playthrough. xD

• She's the reason why Handsome Jack is so insane

Alt text

Gary-Oak posted: »

Lilith. She's the reason why Handsome Jack is so insane, makes it fair she's the one to end it.

• edited May 2015

Wait... But what rakks been doing there?

Deadpoolian posted: »

If they ever specify the canon of who killed Jack, I think it should be Lilith. Her boyfriend was killed by Jack and then she was tortured b

• I guess the Rakks were part of the Warrior fight? (maybe to make second winds a possibility?) But for some reason, they just wouldn't stop coming. Even after the credits rolled, I had to pick up loot while being divebombed by them!

There were also some Crystalisks during the boss fight, but luckily they actually disappeared after the Warrior's defeat.

DeityD posted: »

Wait... But what rakks been doing there?

• It's just I don't remember them at all, though I remember seeing Crystalisks there... It must be because I was nowhere near the Warrior and was just sniping everything from a safe distance? xD

I guess the Rakks were part of the Warrior fight? (maybe to make second winds a possibility?) But for some reason, they just wouldn't stop c

• That could be why! I don't recall seeing Rakks in my first playthrough either, but I was also sniping from afar in that one like you.

It's just I don't remember them at all, though I remember seeing Crystalisks there... It must be because I was nowhere near the Warrior and was just sniping everything from a safe distance? xD

• Those Rakks are really incredible. I just finished my first playthrough with a friend and insisted we go back and hold a funeral for Jack. After we said our final words, my friend put down a turret on top of him just for fun but it surprised us by shooting down Rakks that we didn't even know were there. It shot Rakks the whole time it was out and when it was done you couldn't hardly find Jack's body under the dead Rakks! It was a true funeral, we actually managed to bury him.

I guess the Rakks were part of the Warrior fight? (maybe to make second winds a possibility?) But for some reason, they just wouldn't stop c

• I just finished my first playthrough with a friend and insisted we go back and hold a funeral for Jack.

Alt text

mirashade posted: »

Those Rakks are really incredible. I just finished my first playthrough with a friend and insisted we go back and hold a funeral for Jack. A

• you couldn't hardly find Jack's body under the dead Rakks! It was a true funeral, we actually managed to bury him

...in that crazy Pandora kind of way.

Those Rakks are really incredible. I just finished my first playthrough with a friend and insisted we go back and hold a funeral for Jack. A

• So maybe... the Rakks are just supposed to stay in the background, but stuff like Deathtrap/turrets provoke them into attacking? That would explain the never ending Rakk glitch, I guess.

And what an amazing funeral! That reminds me, one of the dead Rakks landed on top of Jack in my game and it looked like they were hugging. <3

• Yes.

She's the reason why Handsome Jack is so insane

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited May 2015

if you played the crawmerax dlc with gaige, she says something like this "YOU WANT TO KILL ME?? I KILLED HANDSOME FUCKING JACK HAHAHA"
    so here you go, died to a 16 yo girl

edit: minute 2:54, thank me later

Sign in to comment in this discussion.